2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitar Heroines, Post here all youtube links to most AWESOME guitaristEs
Mackietao
May 1 2008, 06:48 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (D.Robinson @ Mar 24 2008, 07:57 AM) *
One of my favorites is Nori Bucci.

I love fusion and this woman can shred the fretboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXUxplb7kcw...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKgRVtZG24...feature=related

Daniel

I never seen a shredwoman until this thread either. Getting a lot mixed emotions when seeing it too. First of all it feels very akward as I never seen one before. Not much women playing guitar around here and the ones that do never put in the time to go beyond beginnerlevel with some chords. But at the same time it feels a bit wrong it´s cool as hell! I bet I´d be staring my ass of if I were to attend the crowd of Nora Bucci. Such beauty playing a beauty =) I´d be totaly amazed and in love in the moment by the passion and drive of such a girl. tongue.gif But I guess in the future there won´t be as much of stereotyped boy and girl stuff. And then we´ll just be impressed by the music itself and not because a girl shredding it. Way to go ladies!! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 1 2008, 03:08 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Mackietao @ May 1 2008, 02:48 AM) *
I never seen a shredwoman until this thread either. Getting a lot mixed emotions when seeing it too. First of all it feels very akward as I never seen one before. Not much women playing guitar around here and the ones that do never put in the time to go beyond beginnerlevel with some chords. But at the same time it feels a bit wrong it´s cool as hell! I bet I´d be staring my ass of if I were to attend the crowd of Nora Bucci. Such beauty playing a beauty =) I´d be totaly amazed and in love in the moment by the passion and drive of such a girl. tongue.gif But I guess in the future there won´t be as much of stereotyped boy and girl stuff. And then we´ll just be impressed by the music itself and not because a girl shredding it. Way to go ladies!! smile.gif

Your right, it should be about the music smile.gif To me male or female shouldn't matter. ( I guess that's because I'm female, and don't really understand what all the fuss is about biggrin.gif tongue.gif ) But I guess this is where we have to get over the stereotype and appreciate each other as musicians first. Many amazing musicians out there making amazing music, some just happen to be female wink.gif

This is why I like this type of thread as it shows there are many great female musicians that some may not have been aware of. Helps fight the stereotype by showing there are more women rocking the guitar then one may think smile.gif

Keep rockin' ladies smile.gif

rok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 1 2008, 03:14 PM
Not all women are like Courtney Love biggrin.gif

Some great women guitarists out there that really do rock.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 1 2008, 03:18 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 1 2008, 11:14 AM) *
Not all women are like Courtney Love biggrin.gif

I spit me tea out when I read this laugh.gif

It's sad she is so misguided. I enjoyed some of Hole's music actually.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 1 2008, 03:22 PM
Lets go fishing!
Nori is a kick ass player, awsome video !! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
RandomVictim
May 8 2008, 09:54 PM
Hey any punks here love Brody Armstrong?

One of my fav musician

--------------------

Gear

Guitars
Eric Johnson Sig Strat
Gibson SG Special
Esp Ltd EC-1000 deluxe
Larivee Acoustic
Takamine 12 String

Amps
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Line 6 Spider III HD75 head
Line 6 Spider III Cab with C30 speakers
Vox AD30
Marshall MG10

Pedals
Line 6 Pod X3
Slash Sig Wah
Dan Electro Cool Cat Chorus
Dan Electro FAB Echo
BB PREAMP!
Boss MT-2
FBV Express

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 9 2008, 07:05 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 17 2008, 01:59 PM) *
at the risk of being officious, you have a typo in your footer ("to" should be "too" in front of "many"). As that will appear on all your posts, figured you would want to fix it. Unless I am missing something.

Aaaah. Now I get the sig smile.gif
I'm not that good speller myself.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Hauke_Z
May 20 2008, 07:02 AM
Erja Lyytinen: great slide blues, great voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTPDWvcjgLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXaRHJLnlrc

and iTunes

--------------------
"Rock's so good to me. Rock is my child and my grandfather. "
- Chuck Berry

Ibanez GSA60 "Gio"
M-Audio Fasttrack USB
Apple Garageband
Logic Express 7.2

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 20 2008, 07:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 17 2008, 01:50 PM) *
Jennifer Batten.. awesome hair, awesome playing smile.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZBuzbe9xCo

That's amazing, the best video here !!! tongue.gif I've seen it before but I love it/she rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
OldManPete
Jun 1 2008, 07:42 PM
Maxine Petrucci of Madam X.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=drTwzJr0Upc

Her sister also played drums for vixen smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 1 2008, 09:20 PM
The Dark Canuck
Kelly Johnson from the band Girlschool. Great metal band from the 80's, toured with Motorhead a few times I believe. Sadly Kelly passed away last July of spinal cancer. Some amazing guitar chops and ya know she's just rockin' heaven like no ones business smile.gif

Kelly Johnson

Sound isn't great on this clip but check them out as they are awesome. Hope you enjoy smile.gif

rok

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jun 1 2008, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:50 PM