> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 8 2015, 12:52 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel! smile.gif
As I have told you before I am really enjoying create my own stuff very much as we do in the Melody Workout.
I tried to make this one even better than last one, and in my opinion this is better.
My timing isn't 100% here but I paid attention to vibrato, less notes, not to pick every note and to end the whole composition on a major 3rd.

What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2015, 07:12 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! This is a lot better! This is exactly what I suggested to do. Your phrases sound much nicer and the overall solo is more enjoyable! It makes me remember to John Frusciante! Well done!

Please keep on working in this way for a few days and share a new take when you have it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 9 2015, 01:23 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2015, 06:12 PM) *
Hi mate!! This is a lot better! This is exactly what I suggested to do. Your phrases sound much nicer and the overall solo is more enjoyable! It makes me remember to John Frusciante! Well done!

Please keep on working in this way for a few days and share a new take when you have it.

Great to know that you like it mate smile.gif I have barely listen to John Frusciante but I think I have to look into him more now biggrin.gif

Have your band Cirse released a new album called Pulsiones? I have listen to couple of the tracks Cirse has uploaded to YouTube the last days and it sounds Great!

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jul 9 2015, 01:24 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2015, 07:54 PM
Instructor
Yeah! We have a new EP! I'll share it at the forum later today or tomorrow.

Check this compilation, you'll really enjoy it:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 10 2015, 11:23 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Mate! smile.gif
That compilation of John was brilliant, just watched the beginning of it yet but have to watch it more.

I have worked on vibrato, timing and bending. From what I can hear bending is the biggest issue. I got this Jackson guitar last wednesday so still getting used to it and it is much easier to do bends.

I have worked hard not to get in front of the beat and practiced this of course with eyes closed.

I think for sure that triplets is the hardest part so far, but with some more practice we will get there, right? smile.gif
I struggle to play the triplets even while I try to play tight.

Ear Training Results
Assignment 8

1. Minor 3rd
2. Minor 2nd
3. Minor 6th
4. Minor 7th
5. Minor 6th
6. Minor 3rd
7. Minor 2nd
8. Minor 7th
9. Minor 2nd
10. Minor 3rd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2015, 06:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for this new stuff!

It's great to see you working hard on this tasks. Everything shows improvements but still need hard work. The phrasing lesson has some important thing to have in mind:

- Your guitar is not perfectly tuned.
- When using vibrato technique, remember to let the note sound and then add vibrato. It should be a natural part of the note... check some videos by Satriani, Timmons, Vai and see how they manage it.
- Be careful with timing, mostly on the last licks.

The timing workouts are on the right track, the 8th notes are better, the triplets are getting closer but aren't tight yet. Please continue working on it. And again, listen! that's the key, check triplets lessons at GMC and listen how this rhythm goes with the backings, try to get more familiar with it.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 13 2015, 07:00 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel
Thank you for the feedback and tips! smile.gif
I am happy that you can notice improvments but I will try to work harder.
I think you forgot to comment on the ear training results.
Ear Training Results
Assignment 8

1. Minor 3rd
2. Minor 2nd
3. Minor 6th
4. Minor 7th
5. Minor 6th
6. Minor 3rd
7. Minor 2nd
8. Minor 7th
9. Minor 2nd
10. Minor 3rd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2015, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, the ear training answers are perfect. Good job! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 18 2015, 09:34 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello Mate!
I got a a new triplet take for you.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/80-bpm-8th-notes-triplets
I have been trying to come up with something cool and melodic for the Melody Workout the whole week now but mate, I can not come up with anything better or in same class as my previous take in the Melody Workout. I have kind of a small idea in my head but it isn't anything special, do you want me to share it with you?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2015, 10:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, thanks for the update.

The triplets are not going tight, do you note it while playing it? The note duration are irregular... please keep on working on it and if possible search for some triplets lessons from GMC archive to get used to the sound of them.

About the melodic workout, feel free to share it, or to start working with a different backings. Maybe you are bored of the current one. A new backing can bring new ideas.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 20 2015, 06:06 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 19 2015, 09:31 PM) *
Hi Alex, thanks for the update.

The triplets are not going tight, do you note it while playing it? The note duration are irregular... please keep on working on it and if possible search for some triplets lessons from GMC archive to get used to the sound of them.

About the melodic workout, feel free to share it, or to start working with a different backings. Maybe you are bored of the current one. A new backing can bring new ideas.

Hello Gabriel.
I did note that the note duration was irregular for some notes and also that I played several triplets in front of the beat but I assumed that I was going tight for the most part... I was check out some more triplets lessons.

I can record the melodic workout tonight on the current backing and maybe after that we chose a new one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2015, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! This sounds good. I'll wait for your new videos. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 20 2015, 08:58 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 20 2015, 01:54 PM) *
Hi Alex! This sounds good. I'll wait for your new videos. smile.gif

Hey Gabriel!
As I have mentioned many times before, this melodic workout is by far the most fun moment of my practice smile.gif

It turned out quite well in my opinion, if I would do another take I would remove some of the notes.
I composed most of it this evening so that is why I am not totally happy with it.

What do you think? And do you have any ideas for next backing?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2015, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Nice video.

It's good to see you playing simple melodies and trying to make the phrases say something. You are doing a very good effort on this workout and it will have good results.

The thing that this improvisation is lacking is to apply a bit more the "following the chords" approach. I mean trying to end the phrases on a note from the chord. Maybe you can keep the same phrases but try changing the last note of each phrase and play a note from the chord, preferably the third but you could also experiment with the others... what do you think? is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 21 2015, 08:10 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2015, 04:36 PM) *
Hi Alex! Nice video.

It's good to see you playing simple melodies and trying to make the phrases say something. You are doing a very good effort on this workout and it will have good results.

The thing that this improvisation is lacking is to apply a bit more the "following the chords" approach. I mean trying to end the phrases on a note from the chord. Maybe you can keep the same phrases but try changing the last note of each phrase and play a note from the chord, preferably the third but you could also experiment with the others... what do you think? is it possible?

Hey Gabriel, my amigo!
Thanks for your feedback! Of course it is possible, I will keep working. smile.gif
Do you think this is a good video to practice triplets? Or has you found any better? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beat-Basics-2/

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jul 21 2015, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2015, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex. Yes, it's a good lesson to understand the feel of triplets. This is another one that will help.

This one is also good: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 25 2015, 11:08 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 22 2015, 01:08 PM) *
Hi Alex. Yes, it's a good lesson to understand the feel of triplets. This is another one that will help.

This one is also good: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Hey Gabriel, I think you missed one link. Sorry that my videos are delaying, will record as soon as it feels good. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2015, 04:47 PM
Instructor
This is the link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...iming-exercise/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jul 26 2015, 08:47 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gabriel! smile.gif
Here is my video of the beginners solo, I tried to fix all the problems you mentioned in my last one.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2015, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, thanks for this new video.

I can notice how your bending and vibrato are getting a lot better. Both techniques still need to be more consistent but the good news are that I note progress on your playing. There are some moments where you are not playing at the right rhythm so it would be good to practice over the original lesson, record over it and then compare what you are playing. You'll notice that you are not going tight with some phrases. Please try it and let me know what you find out...

Also, I'd like to ask, how much time per day are you practicing and how are you organizing your routine?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:02 AM