> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

C Minor Soul Blues, Lesson By Javier Aviles
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Farine54
Feb 8 2020, 10:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: C Minor Soul Blues by Javier Aviles

Salut les instructeurs,

Voici mon travail sur cette très belle leçon. J'espère que vous aimerez à l'écoute.

Chaining : Guitar > Drive amp canal > sound card > Chorus > Impulse Cab > Impulse Plate Reverb

Matering : Compressor > Tape recorders simulator > Master limiter

Merci d'avance pour vos avis smile.gif

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Farine54: Feb 8 2020, 10:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2020, 03:49 AM
GMC:er
Firstly, WELL DONE!! This is a long piece. You memorized it perfectly imho. Your playing showsa high level of skill and talent. Clearly you practiced on this one!!! You have a good instinct for this type of music IMHO. I think you played well and are ready to move forward to the next REC. Maybe take it up a notch and try a harder lesson? I think you are more than ready!!

The only slight niggle I have is your vibrato. I think you could use a bit more practice on your vibrato in general. It's the vibrato that conveys emotion to the listener. Making it short or long, shallow or wide has a huge impact on the emotional resonance with the listener. Here is a video that I often share with people as an example of somewhat exaggerated vibrato. I go over the top here but it's a good example of how far vibrato can be pushed. You can even hear a bit of comedy in the playing. I'm trying to almost tell some jokes and get some laughs with exaggerated licks.

I'm gonna go solid 8 on this one!!!Todd

QUOTE (Farine54 @ Feb 8 2020, 05:29 AM) *
Original lesson: C Minor Soul Blues by Javier Aviles

Salut les instructeurs,

Voici mon travail sur cette très belle leçon. J'espère que vous aimerez à l'écoute.

Chaining : Guitar > Drive amp canal > sound card > Chorus > Impulse Cab > Impulse Plate Reverb

Matering : Compressor > Tape recorders simulator > Master limiter

Merci d'avance pour vos avis smile.gif

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 14 2020, 04:18 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 10 2020, 10:09 AM
GMC Founder
Nice Farine!

About the vibrato - you use a fairly narrow vibrato here, which is something I generally advice against.

However Javier also uses a narrow vibrato - yet it sounds very different from yours! This difference lies in the fact that Javier subtly builds his up until the time has arrive to play the next note - whereas you you go all in from the beginning and then gradually let go, to give you time to think about the next lick.

Consequently, we don't really get to hear the actual pitch you are playing, we just hear an unstable note.

On a general note we can hear you dig what you are playing and this translates into a good listening experience. However there are several places where we can hear you need to let go of the flow you have got going, and concentrate on 'not messing up'. Ie at 00:33 - this causes a disruption, and you need to make sure to practice those sections more so that they become second nature for you.

Keep up the good work, you get a 6 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2020, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! You know my thoughts on this one as you are part of my mentoring program.

It's a 7!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 11 2020, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

First impression after listeniing to your take is very positive. Tone is matched well. There are some little flaws - mainly hand sync but they do not take away the flavor of average listening. Your right hand touch seems proper and it reproduces the intention of lesson author well. In other words your dynamics are just fine for this one. You probably tense a little before faster moments and it causes them to go little off.

Most important issue has been mentioned by Kris. the process of note vibration needs some extra attention because in such a ballad-kind-of songs, inaprioriate approach to vibrato speed and depth can cause notes to sound like from a different story. It is as simple as Kirs mentioned - try to apply vibrato gently. Let the note start flat and the increase vibrato speed and depth continously. this way ringing note will still create some tension through it's ringing time.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 28 2020, 03:26 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:51 PM