Working On Something Huge!
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 24 2016, 04:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
So if some of you have been reading along in my mentor thread with Gabriel, I decided to combine my 5 songs into one long song, in true prog metal epic song style. Weirdly I had about 23 minutes of music before, but after adding some new parts, transitions and so on... I've ended up with 35 minutes and 2 seconds of music. laugh.gif

So far I've got about 10 minutes done properly, with the last 2 minutes not being as tight as I want it, along with some other parts that could do with being re-recorded.

Anyways, I wanted to share my progress so far, some parts you will have heard before:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 24 2016, 05:41 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Very nice, it's a great job

I don't know the musical theory.
I hope compose a song a day.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 24 2016, 05:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 24 2016, 06:41 PM) *
Very nice, it's a great job

I don't know the musical theory.
I hope compose a song a day.

I'm sure you know some chords and could put some chords together. It was where I started. Try playing a C chord then maybe and Em, Am and a G. There you go, your first song smile.gif It's not as hard as you think it is, and it's way fun once you get going smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 24 2016, 07:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Ben, this is awesome !!!

i really like this one !!

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 14 2016, 12:00 PM
Instructor
Unfortunately youtube vid doesn't work sad.gif Did you remove it?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 14 2016, 12:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
This is an old thread, Darius smile.gif I think you might have already seen the thread with the full song, but here it is:

...though I want to rewrite it a bit biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 14 2016, 12:50 PM
Instructor
Somehow my curiosity lead me here smile.gif Thanx for reposting! Yeah, I do recognize the composition smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2016, 12:57 PM
GMC:er
Did you pull it? I can't view it sad.gif I"m sure it's spiff though smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 24 2016, 11:53 AM) *
So if some of you have been reading along in my mentor thread with Gabriel, I decided to combine my 5 songs into one long song, in true prog metal epic song style. Weirdly I had about 23 minutes of music before, but after adding some new parts, transitions and so on... I've ended up with 35 minutes and 2 seconds of music. laugh.gif

So far I've got about 10 minutes done properly, with the last 2 minutes not being as tight as I want it, along with some other parts that could do with being re-recorded.

Anyways, I wanted to share my progress so far, some parts you will have heard before:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:29 AM