A Somber Doomy Improvized Song-like Thing
steiner666
Nov 30 2008, 08:48 PM
GMC:er
Just something i recorded while messing around last sunday. My bass player added his part and sent it back to me so I thought i'd post it here for some opinions. Guitars need rerecorded in places as most of them were just first-take improvs, and the lead needs finished on the one part b4 the heavier riffs kick in (i was going to shorten the repeats on the last riff but forgot to... so when you get about 5 minutes into the song, you've heard pretty much everything)

thanks for listening!

*edit* updated version with vocals

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by steiner666: Feb 6 2009, 08:58 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  06_Narrarating_Winter__s_Gloom.mp3 ( 8.31MB ) Number of downloads: 461

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
steiner666
Dec 1 2008, 06:24 PM
no comments/criticism? don't be afraid to say what ya think, whether it's gold or crap! I'm not sure how much I like it since I dont usually play clean/softer stuff. My bass player loves it and so does my gf... but thats sort of expected from her at least... lol. For the final cut i'll be bustin out the acoustic and using a... less-harsh tone for the lead than the one thats in there now. there will be vocals... not sure who is going to do them tho since clean singing is not a specialty of either of us, and i'm having a hard time imagining anything else, at least on the first half.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by steiner666: Dec 1 2008, 06:26 PM

--------------------
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Matt23
Dec 1 2008, 06:27 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
It's good. I would make your lead guitar tone a bit less harsh.

+Quote Post
steiner666
Dec 1 2008, 06:48 PM
oh and i wrote something new last night... sorta inspired by music from an old NES game (betcha no one can guess which one since it wasnt very popular and i changed a lot of it past the point of recognition)

the lead is *** at the end... and i'm not so good at writing this sort of stuff... maybe someone can hear what i was goin for and play it right for me?

this ones also a very rough track, timing is a bit off here and there.. but i'm not goin for perfection quite yet. I actually rarely do as writing music is something i do for fun and i think rerecording things over until you get it right isn't fun.. more like work. which is something i like to put off tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  10LethalStructures_2_.mp3 ( 4.08MB ) Number of downloads: 163

--------------------
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Dec 1 2008, 08:11 PM
Great recordings steiner. I like the lead tone. It really blends in with the rest of the song (In my opinion of course) biggrin.gif

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
steiner666
Dec 1 2008, 08:26 PM
QUOTE (Disturbed21 @ Dec 1 2008, 02:11 PM) *
Great recordings steiner. I like the lead tone. It really blends in with the rest of the song (In my opinion of course) biggrin.gif

thanks man, i think that it sounds a bit too... i dunno, but i think it's because i accidentally left my wah pedal active and pushed all the way forward when i recorded it, even tho i wasnt planning on using the pedal during the first lead part.

can't wait to re-record all of this stuff on my krank!

--------------------
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Dec 1 2008, 10:39 PM
QUOTE (steiner666 @ Dec 1 2008, 02:26 PM) *
thanks man, i think that it sounds a bit too... i dunno, but i think it's because i accidentally left my wah pedal active and pushed all the way forward when i recorded it, even tho i wasnt planning on using the pedal during the first lead part.

can't wait to re-record all of this stuff on my krank!

Ahhh one of those mistakes that actually sound good smile.gif

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
steiner666
Feb 6 2009, 08:58 PM
added updated version with (this is unusual) some clean vocals

--------------------
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:57 AM