Shun, New song done!
Trond Vold
Oct 25 2009, 09:15 PM
Instructor
Hi guys smile.gif

Since my little test-project turned into a full song (in recordtime), i thought i could just aswell make a new thread smile.gif

I went for a somewhat ordinary structure this time with only a few different sections pieced together.
I'm still not sure about the ending, but it could work with some vocal-work.

There might also be some bass-frequency rumbling at certain points. I've tried my best to cut frequencies, but more cutting just results in ruining a sound i'm at this point pleased with.

Attached File  Shun.mp3 ( 8.23MB ) Number of downloads: 864

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Staffy
Oct 25 2009, 09:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sound very good !!!! smile.gif How did You record it, in terms of hardware/software ???

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 25 2009, 09:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 25 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Sound very good !!!! smile.gif How did You record it, in terms of hardware/software ???

//Staffay

Thanks! biggrin.gif

I used the following on this one:
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic and a Les Paul Studio.
I used a Dual Resistafier into a R3FX cabinet simulator for the main guitars, and a homemade Tubescreamer clone for the not so heavy sounds and solo. (That one went into the cab simulator aswell).

For the software part i used Cubase and Toontrack Superior 2.0 (with some freeware compressors i found on kvraudio.com)
All the reverbs and delays are the built inn Cubase vst's.

Oh, and the synths are ReFX Nexus.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Oct 25 2009, 09:30 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 25 2009, 09:30 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Can't say much Trond, it sounds awesome as always, very distinct and great sound of Yours!:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Oct 25 2009, 10:28 PM
Instructor
Great song and perfect arrangement. Nice work. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 25 2009, 11:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Oct 25 2009, 09:29 PM) *
Thanks! biggrin.gif

I used the following on this one:
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic and a Les Paul Studio.
I used a Dual Resistafier into a R3FX cabinet simulator for the main guitars, and a homemade Tubescreamer clone for the not so heavy sounds and solo. (That one went into the cab simulator aswell).

For the software part i used Cubase and Toontrack Superior 2.0 (with some freeware compressors i found on kvraudio.com)
All the reverbs and delays are the built inn Cubase vst's.

Oh, and the synths are ReFX Nexus.

Thx. I was just curious, great job, get a singer and then You have a record deal !!! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Oct 25 2009, 11:11 PM
GMC:er
Awesome like all your stuff Trond. smile.gif You rule

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 25 2009, 11:17 PM
GMC Founder
This is killer stuff Trond! I'll have a bunch of more listenings to the tune - if I get some ideas would you like me to try and record some vocals over it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 25 2009, 11:37 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 25 2009, 11:17 PM) *
This is killer stuff Trond! I'll have a bunch of more listenings to the tune - if I get some ideas would you like me to try and record some vocals over it?

Ohyes! smile.gif That would be awesome.

Hopefully the arrangement will make things easier this time smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 26 2009, 12:20 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Very nice Trond smile.gif
Sounds awesome!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 26 2009, 02:51 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Omg, it sounds so good! Arch enemy vibes at some parts for me smile.gif Awesome work Trond.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2009, 08:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Oct 25 2009, 11:37 PM) *
Ohyes! smile.gif That would be awesome.

Hopefully the arrangement will make things easier this time smile.gif

Awesome biggrin.gif

Update: I have got something which might work - but I need a little more time to practice and get the thing on tape!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 27 2009, 10:01 PM
GMC Founder
Ok first the excuses... this is a very rough draft - it's untight and most of the the lyrics need to be re-recorded (my voice was tired after practicing). This in combination with more mixing/editing should hopefully bring quality up drastically.

Attached File  shun_very_rough_draft1.mp3 ( 2.13MB ) Number of downloads: 345

Your image burns my heart
Your image has burnt a hole in my heart

No more I taste the seed
No more I feel the need
No more I ache to heal
No more I can conceal

I live just like you preach
My sight would raise the dead

Save me from my hell...
'Cause you have burned my heart

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 27 2009, 11:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 27 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Ok first the excuses... this is a very rough draft - it's untight and most of the the lyrics need to be re-recorded (my voice was tired after practicing). This in combination with more mixing/editing should hopefully bring quality up drastically.

Attached File  shun_very_rough_draft1.mp3 ( 2.13MB ) Number of downloads: 345

No more I taste the seed
No more I feel the need
No more I ache to heal
No more I can conceal

Save me from my hell...

Nice! I really like the ideas for vocalmelody aswell as the lyrical contents.
The small echo effects on the chorus were a nice touch.

I have to give it a few more spins to fully process it, but the first thing that came to me was that I would love to her another line after "I live just like you preach", before the next line starts.

Cant wait to hear more smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 27 2009, 11:42 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice take Kris smile.gif
I really want to hear more!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 28 2009, 12:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great work Trond!! Amazing sound and arrangement, very catchy song. I'd buy it for sure.

I think another good quality is that it will appeal to a brod range of listeners because it has a little bit of everything to offer. Heavy riffs, melodic rhythm lines, soft parts, keys and it tells a story if you just listen to it. Get the right vocals added (if that's what you want) here an there an you got GOLD my friend. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 28 2009, 03:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
I really like your song Trond, the riff is very effective. I also like Kris singing, it really add something to the song. Keep your good work, and a guitar solo would also bee cool smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OzRob
Oct 28 2009, 06:16 AM
GMC:er
I really love it, Trond. It's the sort of musicianship and songwriting skill I am aspiring to.

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Oct 28 2009, 07:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome song!!!! Kris, your singing is progressing big time! And Trond, just awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 29 2009, 09:47 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Oct 27 2009, 11:25 PM) *
I have to give it a few more spins to fully process it, but the first thing that came to me was that I would love to her another line after "I live just like you preach", before the next line starts.

I actually did it like that first - I had yet a line where there now is silence (so in total four lines where there now is two). But I felt there wasn't any breathing room - there was too much Kris all over the place. In the version below I have thrown in a subtle choir thing in between these [pre chorus] lines - it should probably be mixed higher but would then need some eq work and maybe a cool reverb/delay effect to make it sound like a "scream on a cliff" or similar. ( blink.gif )

I have improved the vocal takes in the version below - at least enough for us to decide if my vocal ideas fit the tune. If you guys think they do - I'll continue to work on the next verse.

When we are finished with the tune and still think that there are some takes that need to be improved - I have higher odds of nailing them (because I have had more practicing time by then).

Attached File  shun_rough_draft1.mp3 ( 2.13MB ) Number of downloads: 291

(Lyrics are the same)

No more I taste the seed
No more I feel the need
No more I ache to heal
No more I can conceal

Save me from my hell...

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:17 PM