4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Gmc Hurted My Fingers / Competition ! (the Official Dirty Fingers Thread)
Adrian Figallo
Oct 30 2009, 08:37 PM
Instructor
I just went from 0.11 to 0.09-0.10 my fingers are really happy biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 30 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Hmm, they didn't look so hurted, more like they should when You are practicing hard. smile.gif
But I will give You a 6 on these, even though there aren't any real "trails" from the strings.
That the fingerprints are almost gone, does level up though. biggrin.gif

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 30 2009, 09:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
My finger use to be way worst than that !!!

Attached Image

My fingers are in better condition than Staffy's fingers...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 1 2009, 02:38 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hehe, here's my hard working fingertips biggrin.gif

[attachment=18815:dexxters..._fingers.jpg]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 21 2009, 12:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Oct 30 2009, 09:33 PM) *
My finger use to be way worst than that !!!

Attached Image

My fingers are in better condition than Staffy's fingers...

Hmmm, quite worn, but there is no deep spurs, I will regard this as 7.2

//Staffay

QUOTE (Dexxter @ Nov 1 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Hehe, here's my hard working fingertips biggrin.gif

[attachment=18815:dexxters..._fingers.jpg]

I really like the spurs on the middle and ring finger, but a spur on the index and some blood marks will even raise the marks. But I will give You 7.8 for this one!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Nov 21 2009, 12:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,
i was surprised watching my fingers today, because they looks like the fingers from a real guitar player! coooooool!!!! cool.gif

im was waiting two years for that! biggrin.gif

since im here on GMC, im playing much more guitar then before and so i have cool guitarfingers now! thanks GMC!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 21 2009, 12:50 PM
Instructor
I think we have a winner laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Nov 22 2009, 04:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
i hope the present is a new fender strat or something like that! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 22 2009, 10:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey guys,
take good care of your fingertips!
Since I went back to a regular, even daily practice routine I started from 15 minutes each day to a maximum of 2 hours a day. My girlfriend told me to wash my hands afterwards with a soap that moisturizes the skin, then I put on some rich lotion. Guess what? The fingertips got harder over time, but nevertheless the skin stayed kinda smooth...well, it's not so rock'n'roll, I guess unsure.gif
But another story:
Before my last gig with my band my girlfriend ask me to do wash the dishes, and I said (remembering a Joe Satriani interview): "That's not so good right now, you know, I have a gig this evening and the water softens my fingertips." And she was like: " That's the most creative excuse I've ever heard"
But it worked!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Nov 22 2009, 10:14 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2009, 11:52 PM
Instructor
Taking care of fingertips is important, and this is why the winner will probably get a premium skin lotion or something biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 22 2009, 11:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
What??? Am I considered as beeing a beauty-expert or something like that in this forum??? There will be no lotions/perfumes or womens clothes in this competition !!!! laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Nov 23 2009, 08:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Nov 22 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Hey guys,
take good care of your fingertips!
Since I went back to a regular, even daily practice routine I started from 15 minutes each day to a maximum of 2 hours a day. My girlfriend told me to wash my hands afterwards with a soap that moisturizes the skin, then I put on some rich lotion. Guess what? The fingertips got harder over time, but nevertheless the skin stayed kinda smooth...well, it's not so rock'n'roll, I guess unsure.gif
But another story:
Before my last gig with my band my girlfriend ask me to do wash the dishes, and I said (remembering a Joe Satriani interview): "That's not so good right now, you know, I have a gig this evening and the water softens my fingertips." And she was like: " That's the most creative excuse I've ever heard"
But it worked!

Never listening to something "ladylike" like that!
i was so pretty beam with pride because of my fingers and you told me to use lotion???? cant believe it... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 23 2009, 08:51 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Nov 23 2009, 08:36 AM) *
Never listening to something "ladylike" like that!
i was so pretty beam with pride because of my fingers and you told me to use lotion???? cant believe it... biggrin.gif

tongue.gif Hehe...I think I'm gonna take a photo of my fingers after band practice tonight, before and after washing them and applying lotion. I gotta admit, I've got a feeling that I'm a candidate for a new GMC funny with my lotion advice biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Nov 23 2009, 08:52 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I am currently reading Creative Guitar 1 by Gunthrie Govan and he says exactly the same. Don't play guitar right after having had a shower/bath or after having washed the dishes. smile.gif

Btw, I never had any problem with my fingers. Perhaps I am not practicing enough ? I prefer to practice often for 1 or 2 hours than practicing during 10 hours once a week...

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 23 2009, 09:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Nov 23 2009, 08:51 AM) *
tongue.gif Hehe...I think I'm gonna take a photo of my fingers after band practice tonight, before and after washing them and applying lotion. I gotta admit, I've got a feeling that I'm a candidate for a new GMC funny with my lotion advice biggrin.gif

laugh.gif You're definitely a candidate for Mr. Nocera's outstanding sense of humour!!!

QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Nov 23 2009, 08:52 AM) *
I am currently reading Creative Guitar 1 by Gunthrie Govan and he says exactly the same. Don't play guitar right after having had a shower/bath or after having washed the dishes. smile.gif

Btw, I never had any problem with my fingers. Perhaps I am not practicing enough ? I prefer to practice often for 1 or 2 hours than practicing during 10 hours once a week...

Yeah, thats true! But also it depends on what kind of strings You use, (I had .012 on my Strat, but have "downgraded" to .011 because of the finger problems...) the type of playing - bends seriously hurt Your fingers more than playing C-major scales.... laugh.gif and of course the action of the instruments itself!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Nov 23 2009, 10:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
My guitar's action is very low (too low actually) and I have .042 - .009 strings. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 23 2009, 11:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Nov 23 2009, 10:57 AM) *
My guitar's action is very low (too low actually) and I have .042 - .009 strings. smile.gif

smile.gif So there's the answer....... playing with heavy strings really hurts Your fingers, but on the other hand the Tone benefits from it, so I just keep on hurting myself! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Nov 23 2009, 08:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
ok, the present is a new fender strat isnt it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 23 2009, 09:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Nov 23 2009, 08:49 PM) *
ok, the present is a new fender strat isnt it?

What ????? What do You guy's expect??? Im on a crusade against Fender's ridiculous prices, so there will be no Fenders in this competition, count on that!!!! laugh.gif Read my signature!

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 23 2009, 09:37 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
As promised, my fingertips directly after band practice. I didn't put some lotion on them yet, I want to do one or two lessons right now...hehe.
But I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna win anyway. And I already have a strat. cool.gif Oops, that was not very respectful to say mellow.gif wink.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Nov 24 2009, 06:17 AM
GMC:er
Ok count me in, I really want that Fender Strat! cool.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:53 PM