2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guitars Safe
carminemarotta
Jul 9 2012, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
Hi,
Someone broke in in my flat today. Stolen 2 laptops but did not touch my guitars.

Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 9 2012, 10:03 PM
Really sad to hear this ..i had burglars twice last year..lots of gear stolen.Feels so awful people invading your home ... ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2012, 11:16 PM
Egad! Nobody breaks in to our flats here unless they want to get shot. Sorry to hear sad.gif Laptops are not cheap! Hope insurance will help! More locks and more guns! smile.gif

QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jul 9 2012, 04:19 PM) *
Hi,
Someone broke in in my flat today. Stolen 2 laptops but did not touch my guitars.

Carmine

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 9 2012, 11:27 PM
i got lucky with my insurance..they payed me everything in full and then some...but still real weird feeling about punks entering your house.
Mmm guns in europe ..that will never happen smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 10 2012, 02:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 9 2012, 11:27 PM) *
i got lucky with my insurance..they payed me everything in full and then some...but still real weird feeling about punks entering your house.

don't think for a second the bad guys don't have theirs. all those laws do is keep the good guys from them

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 10 2012, 08:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thats horrible sad.gif The sense of being violated can be worse than the loss of whatever was taken. Were you home when this happened?

The state I live in allows an individual to expedite a burglars trip to the grave. Thats all fine and dandy if you're home, but if you're not than you better give the illusion that you are. House break-ins do happen, but not at the rate that it seems to happen in some parts of Europe. They're also usually committed by acquaintances of the homeowners. Burglars here are genuinely afraid of coming across the business end of a 12 gauge shotgun. Although some are foolish enough to attempt it, like the ones below.

Would-be Burglar Shot and Killed in East Charlotte

Suspected Burglar Shot In Charlotte Home Invasion

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 10 2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Damn, that sucks !! Sorry to hear that, Carmine !

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Jul 10 2012, 01:35 PM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 10 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Thats horrible sad.gif The sense of being violated can be worse than the loss of whatever was taken. Were you home when this happened?

South of London.

I am worried that they will be back and take my nice collections!

Thanks all

Carmine

QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jul 10 2012, 01:32 PM) *
South of London.

I am worried that they will be back and take my nice collections! Plus GMC videos do not work on my iPad

Thanks all

Carmine

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jul 10 2012, 02:00 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 9 2012, 05:03 PM) *
Feels so awful people invading your home ... ohmy.gif

So true! When my vehicle was broken into, it wasn't so much that they broke my window and stole my stereo (even though that was not good!).... It was the fact that they felt free to go through my stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 10 2012, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear it!

After all lucky for you that those burglars are musicly ignorant .

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jul 10 2012, 04:03 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 10 2012, 03:38 AM) *

The state I live in allows an individual to expedite a burglars trip to the grave........ Burglars here are genuinely afraid of coming across the business end of a 12 gauge shotgun.

North Carolina does not play around! When I was in the Marine Corps, I was stationed in NC for over 4 years. My ex-wife and I lived in a little town called Richlands. Now this was back in the early 1990's but, a sheriff's deputy told me "if someone is trying to get in your house, make sure you drag the body inside after you shoot em." biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2012, 04:07 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry to hear this mate! Luckily they didn't took the guitars.. that's the good part of this really bad news. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 10 2012, 04:25 PM
I'm gonna install a middle pick up ...but instead of a pick up it will be a gps tracker wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bossie: Jul 10 2012, 04:26 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 10 2012, 04:36 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sorry to hear that sad.gif Good thing they didn't care about the axes though

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 10 2012, 05:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jul 10 2012, 11:03 AM) *
North Carolina does not play around! When I was in the Marine Corps, I was stationed in NC for over 4 years. My ex-wife and I lived in a little town called Richlands. Now this was back in the early 1990's but, a sheriff's deputy told me "if someone is trying to get in your house, make sure you drag the body inside after you shoot em." biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Thats pretty common amongst cops in smaller towns. Aside from the big city I live in (Charlotte) and the Raleigh area, North Carolina is mostly rural, where people live miles away from a police station and in towns that have few cops. Calling the cops and waiting for them to show up is not practical.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
derper
Jul 12 2012, 11:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 9 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Egad! Nobody breaks in to our flats here unless they want to get shot. Sorry to hear sad.gif Laptops are not cheap! Hope insurance will help! More locks and more guns! smile.gif

You're so right Todd!! I work with a british guy, who was just saying about how there are constantly break-ins in England. That's awful!

Although, I used to live in Toledo Ohio....where you pretty much NEED a gun. I always read about break ins and such, from friends still there, on facebook. For my friends with a home and a family, it's a must! Although, in highschool, I knew a guy that had 5 guys follow him home and kick in the front door to fight, and he shot one in the leg with a .22 rifle. He was under house-arrest for the next few years. I wasn't there in court to know why, but seemed like a bad-deal to me! Maybe the gun wasn't registered.

I hear it's not a bad idea, near ATL I hear also...I have a buddy that lives in Conyers (probably spelled that totally wrong!!) and he is licensed to carry a gun, and sounds like it isn't a bad idea.

Me....I'm happy living in portland. I don't need a gun here. It's SUPER peaceful!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 12 2012, 11:15 PM
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 10 2012, 12:27 AM) *

I'm a big fan of the ol' bat-under-the-bed myself!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 13 2012, 12:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jul 9 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Hi,

Carmine

Oh wow! I am so sorry to hear that! I am glad you are safe and your guitars are ok!

+Quote Post
spacebran
Jul 13 2012, 01:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 10 2012, 03:25 PM) *
I'm gonna install a middle pick up ...but instead of a pick up it will be a gps tracker wink.gif

That's a good idea actually biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 13 2012, 08:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 12 2012, 11:15 PM) *
I'm a big fan of the ol' bat-under-the-bed myself!

Yeah, less likely to 'go off in your hand by accident !' wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:41 PM