Bacon Sandwich
Ben Higgins
Aug 5 2011, 10:26 AM
Instructor
The Bacon Sandwich. A classic, I'm sure you would agree. I just made myself one for breakfast (although it went cold whilst I was busy playing Hangman) https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry536643 (hint, hint)

It's a very popular custom to have Brown Sauce on your Bacon Sandwich.

Attached Image

I never really bothered with this tradition until recently and am starting to see the appeal. How about you ? Have you experienced the bacon sandwich/brown sauce combo ?

What breakfast / sauce traditions do you stick to ? Or avoid ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 5 2011, 11:14 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Love bacon sanwiches and HP sauce smile.gif .

Breakfast here though is usually a Mollete (soft white bread roll), drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with garlic (optional) and you then spread on finely chopped tomato and ad seasoning to taste smile.gif . Nice nad healthy and very yummy.

Bit OT but if anyone saw Rick Stein's Taste of Spain on the Beeb - talk about failing his Spanish pronunciation test!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 5 2011, 11:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 5 2011, 11:14 AM) *
Love bacon sanwiches and HP sauce smile.gif .

Breakfast here though is usually a Mollete (soft white bread roll), drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with garlic (optional) and you then spread on finely chopped tomato and ad seasoning to taste smile.gif . Nice nad healthy and very yummy.

Bit OT but if anyone saw Rick Stein's Taste of Spain on the Beeb - talk about failing his Spanish pronunciation test!

Garlic in the morning ? Interesting... I'm not a tomato lover but I bet it's really nice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 5 2011, 11:24 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
bacon and egg sandwich with either Hp/brown sauce or tommy sauce, I dont mind either.

Only recently discovered the appeal?? where have you been!? lol

I generally dont have the time in the mornings before work to bother with breakfast, I have this bread roll thing which I grab on the go with a cup of coffee.

at the weekends we may have a fried egg sandwich for a late breakfast/early lunch, more into tommy sauce on that though.

ah, this is making me hungry, and all my lunch consists of is an apple, bannana & orange! boo!!!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 5 2011, 11:19 AM) *
Garlic in the morning ? Interesting... I'm not a tomato lover but I bet it's really nice smile.gif

yea I had to double read the garlic bit, not sure that after morning breath I`d want to get straight into garlic breath for the rest of the day lol

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 5 2011, 11:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 5 2011, 11:23 AM) *
ah, this is making me hungry, and all my lunch consists of is an apple, bannana & orange! boo!!!

Ah no ! You want the full rock n roll breakfast.. not the 'rockstar's healthy years where he attempts to clean up his act' breakfast laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 5 2011, 11:25 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 5 2011, 11:24 AM) *
bacon and egg sandwich with either Hp/brown sauce or tommy sauce, I dont mind either.

Only recently discovered the appeal?? where have you been!? lol

Fried egg mate? Yummy again but I usually end up with egg yolk down my shirt biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 5 2011, 11:29 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 5 2011, 11:25 AM) *
Ah no ! You want the full rock n roll breakfast.. not the 'rockstar's healthy years where he attempts to clean up his act' breakfast laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif unfortunatley the "unhealthy years" have caught up with me and I dont have too much choice sad.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 5 2011, 11:25 AM) *
Fried egg mate? Yummy again but I usually end up with egg yolk down my shirt biggrin.gif .

fried egg, oh yes, *drooling*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 5 2011, 04:31 PM
Instructor
That sounds good! gotta try it, will be in my basket next time

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 5 2011, 04:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Aug 5 2011, 04:31 PM) *
That sounds good! gotta try it, will be in my basket next time

Yes, do it ! 'Brown Sauce' doesn't sound like it would be nice but it is biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 5 2011, 04:58 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 5 2011, 04:33 PM) *
Yes, do it ! 'Brown Sauce' doesn't sound like it would be nice but it is biggrin.gif

ya know that didnt even enter my head till just then, I really did LOL! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 5 2011, 07:56 PM
GMC:er
I love your american breakfasts, so yummy, but everyday kinda got a bit overkill for me when I was visiting there once! Sausages with ketchup, bacon with sauses, waffles with surups, etc wub.gif . You do know having bacon slows your stomach processing, having it more than once a week is consisted very unhealthy sad.gif . Maybe stick to the "sugar inriched" cerials you guys got once in a while biggrin.gif .

I just get boring toast, muesli cerial, crumpits, porriage, or yogurt and fruits/berries here. I can't figure out where to add the sauce?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 5 2011, 08:01 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 5 2011, 07:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 5 2011, 07:56 PM) *
I just get boring toast, crumpits, porriage, or yogurt and fruits/berries here. I can't figure out where to add the sauce?

Tomato sauce on toast ? mellow.gif Salad Cream on Crumpets ?

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 5 2011, 09:53 PM
Instructor
Uh, I love bacon, but a lot of cholesterol for me dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 5 2011, 10:11 PM
Instructor
Hmm, bacon sandwich is not usually what we make, but if I put bacon in the pan, let the white part melt, and them add onions and eggs.. now THAT's a breakfast! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2011, 08:33 AM
Instructor
Somehow close to Ivan's idea - I had hard boiled eggs, sheep cheese (what a surprise! biggrin.gif), buttered bread and tomatoes (the ones in my gardeeeen biggrin.gif hehehe) AND a special sort of jam made out of prunes - it's called 'magiun' and it's all natural without added sugar I think.

here's our award winning brand of magiun biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:43 PM