Cover Avicci - Wake Me Up, My first singing upload!
Nava
Aug 30 2013, 06:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Its with mixed feelings I upload this cover wink.gif

Its the first time I ever show myself in a singing "way".
I would really apriciate some constructive critics here. There is no easy way when u play acoustic and singing without effects or mixed parts smile.gif
But any kind of good or bad words is good. I can take it tongue.gif
I am not sure if I can upload this on FB for my friends, think I need some Honest backup..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 30 2013, 10:40 PM
Instructor
I think there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed! You sing pretty clean and You don't make any silly faces or behaviours smile.gif Nice perormace! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2013, 11:55 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice video! You can really sing! I like your voice and the fact that you sing in pitch. I think that you will feel more comfortable with both lower and higher notes if you keep on practising, and vocalising.

Have you checked our singing lessons at GMC?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Nava
Aug 31 2013, 10:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot!

Didnt know there was singing lessons here!
I must check it out:)

The thing is, when I try to reach higher notes, I raise my voice and it becomes more like a scream!
But maybe more practise will help then.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll check the singing lessons also;)

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 31 2013, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - I will make a little video for you regarding singing techniques biggrin.gif Stay tuned wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2013, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Aug 31 2013, 06:26 AM) *
Thanks a lot!

Didnt know there was singing lessons here!
I must check it out:)

The thing is, when I try to reach higher notes, I raise my voice and it becomes more like a scream!
But maybe more practise will help then.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll check the singing lessons also;)

yeah! Check out Luciana's lessons, she shared many exercises for vocalising, and that's they key to train your voice.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/luciana/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 31 2013, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
You can put that on FB if you like, good job

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 31 2013, 06:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
You inspired me to go record something myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYg7NKpX40g...eature=youtu.be

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 31 2013, 11:04 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey - awesome to see a singing video from you! smile.gif

First of all I'd like to share my initial impression : very cool attitude and believable performance. Your face expressions, singing and guitar playing are very natural and expressive.

When it comes to singing, higher parts where you go into voice with less usage of air the pitch is a bit shaky. Try singing some songs with "full voice" which require a bit of higher volume, to get those notes under control.

I think these is a bit of issue with sync between guitar playing and singing. Not that those are out of sync but it feels to me that you are struggling a bit to keep proper time and strumming patters on the guitar while singing. Try slowing down the overall tempo and practicing the guitar parts to keep nice timing (maybe practice with a metronome or backing before going solo) and also the fast strumming patterns. Currently it is good but it might sound a bit "rushed".

Overall, very believable, expressive and stage like performance which is awesome! smile.gif
Great job and keep recording these.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 1 2013, 02:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great!
Cosmin - Looking forward to that smile.gif

Gabriel - Thx a lot for the link, I'll be sure to learn some of it!

Ulrik - Thx to u to smile.gif Your "man in the mirror" was honest and a naked perfomance..thats the beauty of acoustic with no effects. What u hear is the truth biggrin.gif

Bogdan - that was a very well put critic! I noticed one particular sentence where u said; to sing songs with FULL voice.. that was very good for me to hear and I will try that:)

Everything we do can be better but we have to work for it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 1 2013, 11:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 1 2013, 01:50 PM) *
Great!
Cosmin - Looking forward to that smile.gif

Hey mate - here we go:

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 2 2013, 10:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you Cosmin!

I appreciate ur video a LOT!
Never heard of the orange thing biggrin.gif
I tried it and it really made a different just like that! Tried another song with high notes and I really got a workout in my stumoch that really hurts biggrin.gif
Now I will practise practise..It was excellent and a very good job from you..
Thx again for putting ur time into this smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2013, 11:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 2 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Thank you Cosmin!

I appreciate ur video a LOT!
Never heard of the orange thing biggrin.gif
I tried it and it really made a different just like that! Tried another song with high notes and I really got a workout in my stumoch that really hurts biggrin.gif
Now I will practise practise..It was excellent and a very good job from you..
Thx again for putting ur time into this smile.gif

I am glad it worked out man biggrin.gif It's gonna be a little trickier with the guitar in your hands, so as I said - first thing -> get comfy with the oranges and the diaphragm, deal?

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 3 2013, 07:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Deal wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2013, 07:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 3 2013, 06:14 PM) *
Deal wink.gif

Perfect! You know, it was funny - because these guys have made a really catchy pop tune that I like - namely this one:

which I was thinking I wanted to make a vocal cover of smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 4 2013, 06:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I know that song and I think it would fit your voice excellent biggrin.gif
I've been checking u out u know wink.gif
You got a very pleasant voice and I really like ur type of metal!
Hope u get it done and let us enjoy ur take smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2013, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 4 2013, 05:09 PM) *
I know that song and I think it would fit your voice excellent biggrin.gif
I've been checking u out u know wink.gif
You got a very pleasant voice and I really like ur type of metal!
Hope u get it done and let us enjoy ur take smile.gif

Thank you very much mate! I have tried it last evening - it fits my voice if I play it one whole step down from the original recording tongue.gif I already placed it on my list of 'to learn and record' - got a pretty extensive list of acoustic songs that I practice almost daily, in order to work on my simultaneous vocal/ guitar playing skills.

Tell me one thing - when you recorded your version, have you tried to work with a different key? It is very important to figure out which key suits your voice best and learn to transpose any song in that particular key - there can be more keys that suit you wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 6 2013, 07:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yes, I know what u mean and I have been laborating a bit in different keys and in many cases another key than the original fits me better..

But I am kind of stupid to think that the true way is to do it in original. And thats wrong because we all have different kind of voices..I really need to learn and think differently and what suits me best!
Many thanks to u Cosmin and I think I got a push here and will train my voice a bit more biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 08:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 6 2013, 06:05 PM) *
Yes, I know what u mean and I have been laborating a bit in different keys and in many cases another key than the original fits me better..

But I am kind of stupid to think that the true way is to do it in original. And thats wrong because we all have different kind of voices..I really need to learn and think differently and what suits me best!
Many thanks to u Cosmin and I think I got a push here and will train my voice a bit more biggrin.gif

Hehe, glad to know I could help out mate smile.gif Usually, it's best to see if you can adapt things to your own manner of playing/singing. Being yourself is the easiest and the most natural and sincere thing to do musically. A lot of people run away from that, instead of embracing it and perfecting it. Guitar wise, it's that thing where you want to sound like anybody else but yourself laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:01 PM