Few Questions
steve25
Aug 16 2007, 12:51 AM
GMC:er
I have a couple of questions and i thought the gear thread would be more appropriate for them. Or at least i hope it is anyway.

Ok first of all, a really random question. Does your guitar actually make an awful lot of difference to the sound or sound quality? I've heard that the amp is the main part of your sound so if you're getting a bad sound or anything then it is usually down to your amp? I'm not saying i'm getting a bad sound or anything i'm just curious about this stuff. People spend thousands on guitars don't they? Is it really worth it?

Secondly, is mainly about effects during playing. Ok this is really a question for the rock/metal players or anyone who knows much about effects. How many of you during say a song have to change effect/pickup or whatever to go from one part to another. So for example, you have a song you've made which has a pretty cool rhythm bit which you use lots of distortion for, and it also has a solo but the solo isn't going to sound as good if you're using rhythm distortion to play it is it? So do you have to use a pedal for that or do you find a sound that sounds ok for both parts? In other words a sound that's good for rhythm, maybe not great but works and equally for lead playing as well. Or (i swear i won't drag this out too long tongue.gif) do you just use 2 players 1 for rhythm and another for just solos and leads and that's it? I know that some players like to play both though and in the same song.

Hope this makes sense, it's not always easy trying to explain stuff tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:43 AM