5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Gmc Meeting, let's get serious!
Pedja Simovic
Feb 6 2009, 11:09 AM
Instructor
This is great thread and initiative Tolek.

I would love to see this happen sometime in the future.
Something cross my mind when I read your responses guys...

If you come to Serbia (Nis or Belgrade) I can organize us some CLUB just for us where we could have our own event there. So stage, we can do live playing tell jokes and storys whatever you feel like smile.gif

Serbia is much cheaper compared to England for example when it comes to this kind of things. The only problem that I see for everybody is getting plane tickets to Belgrade as it may be a bit expensive.
When I was flying from Boston to Belgrade round trip used to go from 700$ (couple of years ago) all the way to 1000$ now.
Overall guys from Europe traveling will have not much price difference if you are flying to Prag, Belgrade, Athens, Rome etc as its all very close to each other and price may be 50 euro difference tops smile.gif

Let me know what you think of that idea cause I can make that happen no problem.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 6 2009, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
It sure is a great idea and if the distance is not to far for me i would love to come..... I really dont have enogh cash to travel far

I will see how this goes and where the meeting is taking place and then decide if i can go or not

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Zynex
Feb 6 2009, 12:19 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 6 2009, 11:09 AM) *
This is great thread and initiative Tolek.

I would love to see this happen sometime in the future.
Something cross my mind when I read your responses guys...

If you come to Serbia (Nis or Belgrade) I can organize us some CLUB just for us where we could have our own event there. So stage, we can do live playing tell jokes and storys whatever you feel like smile.gif

Serbia is much cheaper compared to England for example when it comes to this kind of things. The only problem that I see for everybody is getting plane tickets to Belgrade as it may be a bit expensive.
When I was flying from Boston to Belgrade round trip used to go from 700$ (couple of years ago) all the way to 1000$ now.
Overall guys from Europe traveling will have not much price difference if you are flying to Prag, Belgrade, Athens, Rome etc as its all very close to each other and price may be 50 euro difference tops smile.gif

Let me know what you think of that idea cause I can make that happen no problem.

Thanks

Sounds great ohmy.gif....
Something just hit me while reading your post pedja.... (cheap beer?? rolleyes.gif )
btw how are the girls in serbia? cool.gif (omg I shouldnt say that.. I have a girlfriend ohmy.gif )

I think the best option for us is to go somewhere close to someone who is able to arrange things. It would be cool if it took place in Holland but.. Im not really good at arranging things like places to stay and stuff like that, so that would probably go wrong haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 6 2009, 01:06 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great idea. I will probably go to the euro trip(France, Italy, Spain...) in a 2 months, it would be so cool to meet someone from GMC.
Even better, what do you think about local GMC meetings(maybe communities), like GMC Serbia, GMC France, GMC Sweden, GMC Italy?

Cool idea!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 6 2009, 01:18 PM
I can make it anywhere in world and very easily anywhere in europe. If it was in london i would laugh my chops off but see none of the world. Organise this and i will be there. Im in uk.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 6 2009, 01:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Isn't the region Holland, Belgium, France and Germany the most central for us EU GMCers?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 6 2009, 02:07 PM
Some people from another Guitar Site I use all decided to meet up a few years ago. We all met in Germany at the Jemfest in Cologne!!!!
smile.gif

I'd be up for meeting anywhere in Europe but my problem will be more Date related as I'm usually busy at Festivals during the Summer!!!
ohmy.gif mad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 6 2009, 02:13 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Just about the only place id be willing to travel to is London- dont have the money at the moment but give me 10 minutes to extend my bank overdraft and i'm there laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 6 2009, 02:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Feb 6 2009, 01:27 PM) *
Isn't the region Holland, Belgium, France and Germany the most central for us EU GMCers?

Yes it is Kaznie, Brussels (the capital of Belgium) is called the center of Europe.
The big meetings of the European ministers are in Brussels etc... smile.gif

So it's the center of Europe biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mrblomme: Feb 6 2009, 02:20 PM

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2009, 02:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
I geuss I could go to Germany, Holland or similar for this. Depends a lot on time, price etc.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 6 2009, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2009, 02:25 PM) *
I geuss I could go to Germany, Holland or similar for this. Depends a lot on time, price etc.

Same thing here, Belgium, England, Ireland, Scotland, Holland, France, Germany, Luxembourg and maybe Spain or Portugal...

This post has been edited by Mrblomme: Feb 6 2009, 02:29 PM

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 6 2009, 03:56 PM
Belgrade sounds good biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 6 2009, 06:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have heard of a company in the uk doing guitar type vacations, all the interested parties pay a sum of money and meet up at a pre-arranged venue and jam for the day/weekend, i have considered going on one of these but it would be even better if it were our instructors. You would get a great group booking discount for say 30 members in a hotel and it would pay for the instructors time and expenses to hold some open seminars and the like.
You could even do a few a year (depending on the committments the instructors already have of course!) in and around europe (not forgetting our US cousins could adopt the idea too!).
People would have to arrange their own travel but if you had one within a 4-5 hour drive who wouldnt want to come? If enough people are interested you could even run a discounted rate for the younger members who would otherwise maybe miss out.
I bet you would even get some hardware companies and wholesalers interested in some form of participation and sponsorship.

Seriously guys, this is acheivable, I would definitley help set up something in the UK as a pilot, if the management will sanction something in the name of GMC!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 6 2009, 06:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome idea and I would certainly try to attend the meeting.

Preferred places for me would be Amsterdam tongue.gif, Belgium, Germany. France (north) or UK (London) would be fine too. I will just grab my car and drive to these places smile.gif.

When: doesn't matter for me as I never have enough time anyways smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 6 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm definately in for something like this. Meetings are really cool. Maybe we can do like a weekend or 3 days?

To me, Holland would be best obviously. But England, Belgium, Germany, France are doable as well.

Oh yeah and I'm also willing to put some money in the jar if people don't have enough $$ to come smile.gif

EDIT: This is a really cool idea. Even now that I'm ill I'm really enthousiastic about it. We should make a Meeting-Committee or something!

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Feb 6 2009, 06:34 PM

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 6 2009, 06:36 PM
QUOTE (enforcer @ Feb 6 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Belgrade sounds good biggrin.gif

If Pedja could organize it... would be a great solution smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 6 2009, 06:56 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes

To give you guys some ideas of the costs etc...

We run courses training people in radio production. Courses are usually 5 days long, with classes for 8 hours per day, and limited to a maximum of 20 students. Students are placed in to accommodation in our local town on a bed and breakfast type basis plus an introductory 'getting to know you' event and a leaving meal. Student accommodation for B&B is about 25 Euros per night, plus cost of lunch and an evening meal which they pay direct to the B&B, restaurant or what ever - we don't get any thing. We are not responsible for travel costs etc.

To cover 20 students for classes we use all the rooms in our local 'Casa Cultura'/Music school (that's 4 teaching rooms) plus we also use other rooms elsewhere or break out events/teaching. We pay around 800Euros to hire the Casa for two weeks (1 week training plus extra days either way for set up and take down). In addition to this we then have to pay the full cost - travel, accommodation and wage, of any trainer/instructor. That is usually around 2500 Euros for 1 week (approx 300Euros per day excluding expenses - this is dependent on the experience and skills of the instructor and on how many sessions they lead though). We routinely use two full time trainers. So to generate a profit we routinely need to clear in excess of 5800Euros from 20 students.

So in my experience the major outlay re organising is the wage and expenses of an instructor. On top of that though the actual hire of suitable accommodation and equipment can quickly mount up.

WRT accommodation - it is actually surprisingly hard to find suitable accommodation for large parties of people. To get it you need to book it quite some time in advance.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 6 2009, 07:04 PM
Lets hold it on the continent of Antartica. Same traveling for everyone!

And WE all bring our gear and MELT the polar ice caps! smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 6 2009, 07:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 6 2009, 05:56 PM) *
To give you guys some ideas of the costs etc...

We run courses training people in radio production. Courses are usually 5 days long, with classes for 8 hours per day, and limited to a maximum of 20 students. Students are placed in to accommodation in our local town on a bed and breakfast type basis plus an introductory 'getting to know you' event and a leaving meal. Student accommodation for B&B is about 25 Euros per night, plus cost of lunch and an evening meal which they pay direct to the B&B, restaurant or what ever - we don't get any thing. We are not responsible for travel costs etc.

To cover 20 students for classes we use all the rooms in our local 'Casa Cultura'/Music school (that's 4 teaching rooms) plus we also use other rooms elsewhere or break out events/teaching. We pay around 800Euros to hire the Casa for two weeks (1 week training plus extra days either way for set up and take down). In addition to this we then have to pay the full cost - travel, accommodation and wage, of any trainer/instructor. That is usually around 2500 Euros for 1 week (approx 300Euros per day excluding expenses - this is dependent on the experience and skills of the instructor and on how many sessions they lead though). We routinely use two full time trainers. So to generate a profit we routinely need to clear in excess of 5800Euros from 20 students.

So in my experience the major outlay re organising is the wage and expenses of an instructor. On top of that though the actual hire of suitable accommodation and equipment can quickly mount up.

WRT accommodation - it is actually surprisingly hard to find suitable accommodation for large parties of people. To get it you need to book it quite some time in advance.

The trouble with providing accommodation in the cost is that everyone will have different standards and some may have specific requirements, also as you say arranging for large parties can be difficult (I'd like 30 rooms for a load of guitarists please, yeah right!) i thin kit would be much better to leave accommodation and travel upto the individual who can then get something specific to their requirements, anyone with reasonable local knowledge of the area would help with this through the forums too. It would also keep the upfront costs down and not scare people off the idea, i see the cost of mounting something like this as follows:

Hire of venue
Instructors expenses (inc travel, board and any fees)
Catering
material publication for the event.

The website I have been looking at offers full weekend breaks for around 400 GBP but that is obviously with profit in mind and I reckon we could reduce this drastically by keeping it as "Not for profit" event.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 6 2009, 07:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Feb 6 2009, 02:20 PM) *
Yes it is Kaznie, Brussels (the capital of Belgium) is called the center of Europe.
The big meetings of the European ministers are in Brussels etc... smile.gif

So it's the center of Europe biggrin.gif

I love Brussels. Awesome beer. Now I imagine all you guys there... heaven!! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:29 PM