2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Feel Dead And Empty.
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 5 2010, 06:38 AM
GMC:er
There was always one person that was helping me in my life and being my first and most vivid love. I told this girl some of my deepest darkest secrets and I loved her with all that I was. I wrote almost all my lyrics for her in one way or another. She was my inspiration . Life took its turns and we got in a fight and she picked another guy over me.

Months passed by and we shared a simple friendship, harldly ever talked. Pretty bad considering I shared everything there was to share with her about who I was.

Out of the blue the other I get a text from here and she wanted to hang out. We shared a true bond that night.
I finally thought this was going to be it, with the girl of my dreams.

I find out today that she has stage 3 angiosarcom Cancer of the spine and brain.
I'm lost for words. I don't know what to do or how to do it. Thanks for listening, It feels good to vent.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 5 2010, 07:06 AM
Well. It sounds like she has a lot of living to get done in a very short time. It also sounds like you truly care for her.

Those two items add up to this: the best thing you can do --for both of you-- is to help her do all that living and/or to help her keep fighting if that's what she wants to do.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
kiendop
Jun 5 2010, 07:49 AM
Sorry to hear this sad news about your friend.

Life isn't fair.

Wish you all the strength.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 5 2010, 07:55 AM
Instructor
oh man...
sometimes life is just wrong...

but i also think that sometimes we just can't understand..

be strong dude..

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 5 2010, 09:06 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Oh man, this is terrible news...
Try to be strong, support her and if we at GMC can do anything for you, just let us know.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2010, 09:37 AM
Very sad news. I'm very sorry to hear this. A family member I was really close to recently passed away so the wound is still fresh and I feel your pain. I did take solace in my music. I hope you are able to do the same.

Best Wishes
Todd

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 5 2010, 10:36 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Very sorry to hear this ES&J. My thoughts are with you both.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 5 2010, 11:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
Oh, sorry to hear about that, buddy. My father passed away bout a year ago, and he was truly my best friend. He was very sick before he died, and I think I know what You're going through. Anyway, I think the best You can do is to support her the best You can and dont leave anything unspoken. Some tought time awaits You, even if she might get well. But there's some relief in the fact that things like this, seems to make us stronger and appreciate the small things in life a lot more. And as the other guy's already said, we're here for You !!!

/staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 5 2010, 01:23 PM
Instructor
Very sorry to hear that man. Darkness came to her and your life. Important thing is not to let yourself get swallowed by that darkness. Be strong, be patient, be positive as much as possible. More importantly always be sincere and have a clear - real view of your life and situation around you. It will help dealing with hard problems that life always brings us when we least expect it. That's life..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 5 2010, 01:29 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'm out of words mate... just want to let you know I'm really sorry to hear that sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Jun 5 2010, 01:57 PM
That must be horrible! I am so sorry for you both. I hope she has a good life during the time she has left, stay strong man.. I personally had this friend pass away on me. I still blame myself and those that made me who I am in a way. I don't know what else to say but I can only agree with Staffy that you mustn't leave anything unsaid. And we are here for you. =/

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 5 2010, 03:16 PM
Instructor
I'm so sorry to hear that.... I can only echo the other guys' thoughts and wish you and your friend all the strength in the world right now. Illness can happen to any one of us and is a reminder to make each moment count with those we care for. Our support and thoughts are with you.

+Quote Post
stratman79
Jun 5 2010, 03:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
man thats really rough, my dad passed away a year a go on wednesday, after battling cancer.
it was without a doubt the hardest time of my life... take each day one at a time stay strong and you will come through it.

Staffy is 110 percent right... don't let anything be unsaid, its so important.

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 5 2010, 04:06 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Sorry to hear that.. Keep strong and give your best to her. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 5 2010, 04:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Sorry to hear that bro. My mother and uncle are both battling cancer as we speak. It can be a rough road. Hang in there for her...she is going to need you now more than ever!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 5 2010, 04:12 PM
Learning Roadie
God knows your situation. We will be praying.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 5 2010, 04:23 PM
Thank you everyone for all the support. I am taking this time to write an entire albums worth of material based on her and her life. I know people don't live forever but I want to create something that will...in her honor.

QUOTE (VictorUK @ Jun 5 2010, 08:00 AM) *
Dude theres still hope, it doesnt mean she's dead....

Your very right, and im keeping the same optimism. That being said, I don't know much about Angiosarcoma
but this is what one site tells me. "Angiosarcoma is one of the most devastating and lethal types of cancer. It begins as a growth within blood vessels, but can quickly become cancerous and spread to many other systems. Like most forms of cancer, Angiosarcoma is uncontrolled cell replication, but its relation to the circulatory system pose unique threats to the health of any individual.

Any malignant condition that affects the blood is extremely dangerous, for it is quite easy for the cancerous cells to “mestastize,” or spread cancer to other, healthy systems. Because angiosarcoma affects blood vessels, this type of cancer often proves to be aggressive, difficult to treat, and recurs often. It has the potential to occur in any part of the body, often without warning, and is frequently without symptoms until there is a serious medical emergency.
"

She is debating whether or not to keep using the pills, and to go through kimo again because its so long and painful and her dad died unexpectedly 5 years ago and she basically told me, if she had to choose between staying here and pain, and seeing her father. She would rather see her father.

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 5 2010, 05:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Sorry to hear.

Be strong!
Be there for her!

+Quote Post
Fusar
Jun 5 2010, 08:15 PM
Oh I'm so sorry for you man... I lived for years with my grand-mother, she was the only person who always listened to my stories (and she gave me the opportunity to make music!). Four years ago she felt ill (no cancer, but so much problems and hospital I don‘t want to think about it again) and passed away last year. I‘m almost crying now when I have to think back that I lost the man I loved the most...but it is not only sadness. We knew that we would have some time to spend together, so I did take her at a lots of places, for example Paris, the city she loved the most...I was talking with her about everything I wanted to. I wasn‘t going much out with my friends at that time, but they did understand me. Her death wasn‘t as bad as I expected, because the week before she died, she told me that her life was full of happiness and nice people and that she never had thought that she would receive all the love she‘d given to me...

This is my biggest and saddest experience with death, don‘t know if that helps you to be strong. 
I also have a friend with sarcom...he is not a close friend, but I sometimes hear news about him...he had a very difficult time the two past years, but now he‘s feeling strong again and he is able to pass so much nice times with his friends. He even has started to work again (no 40 hours per week, but as long as he feels ok).

I hope you can imagine how important good friends are for ill people. I wish you all the best to keep strong. I‘m very touched by your story, and maybe I could give you a quote by Vaclav Havel, which helped me a lo and of whom I think is so true...“Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.“

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 5 2010, 11:48 PM
QUOTE (Fusar @ Jun 5 2010, 12:15 PM) *
Oh I'm so sorry for you man... I lived for years with my grand-mother, she was the only person who always listened to my stories (and she gave me the opportunity to make music!). Four years ago she felt ill (no cancer, but so much problems and hospital I don‘t want to think about it again) and passed away last year. I‘m almost crying now when I have to think back that I lost the man I loved the most...but it is not only sadness. We knew that we would have some time to spend together, so I did take her at a lots of places, for example Paris, the city she loved the most...I was talking with her about everything I wanted to. I wasn‘t going much out with my friends at that time, but they did understand me. Her death wasn‘t as bad as I expected, because the week before she died, she told me that her life was full of happiness and nice people and that she never had thought that she would receive all the love she‘d given to me...

This is my biggest and saddest experience with death, don‘t know if that helps you to be strong. 
I also have a friend with sarcom...he is not a close friend, but I sometimes hear news about him...he had a very difficult time the two past years, but now he‘s feeling strong again and he is able to pass so much nice times with his friends. He even has started to work again (no 40 hours per week, but as long as he feels ok).

I hope you can imagine how important good friends are for ill people. I wish you all the best to keep strong. I‘m very touched by your story, and maybe I could give you a quote by Vaclav Havel, which helped me a lo and of whom I think is so true...“Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.“

Thank you so much man. Your post really spoke to me. I can feel the emotion in words . I am just going to continue to make her laugh and be there. This is the girl that was the reason I basically started writing lyrics and wrote my first songs about. I feel all of this so deeply and it gives me strength when I read a story like yours and I find courage in the words you spoke. Thank you.

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:56 AM