> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Timmy b
Jul 18 2012, 11:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
Oh man ohmy.gif How did they go missing! By the last takes i was doing, i must have just forgoten about them somehow?

Well here it is again, went a lot smooter this time. those million or so take i did the other day really sunk it deep into me!

http://youtu.be/VkkoOcfDoB0

Also here's one more, did bens vibrato odyssey 1. This is a cool vibrato! one thats quite overlooked i think. will try to use it more and make it more natural.

http://youtu.be/I9IAhib82Ms

Ok, back to work for me

Tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2012, 10:30 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim! That's it! biggrin.gif They're there now tongue.gif

Keep practicing it though biggrin.gif it's always a great tool for your bends and articulation in general! You could also add some delay in the mix wink.gif

As for the vibrato, you nailed it man smile.gif I think we should go through the whole series, aye? biggrin.gif It's good fun and exercise wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jul 24 2012, 11:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin

Cheers for the voicing charts from the video chat. Good Stuff!

Im workin on Bens vibrato and legato lessons and a couple of others i got, but they're all pretty slow going and just need time on a daily basis to get em better. So im looking for another random lessons to shake things up again like you've given in the past.
Got any Recomendations?
Cheers man, Catch you Thursday

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2012, 08:04 AM
Instructor
Ahoy Tim!

Those are good stuff, so take your time to nail them perfect smile.gif

For fun....hmmmmmm, how about this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/funk_l...saraceno_style/ it has all the good stuff tongue.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jul 25 2012, 08:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Oh Man, Already done that one biggrin.gif Still workin on the groove though!

Also , while i've got your attention. Ive been working on the 7th chord voicings. Im quite familier to most of them, but ive never really used the ones with a 7b Bass. So they sound a little strange to my ears. Are they voicing that need to be used with care( ie,in certain situations?) or is it just me being unfamilier with em and need to get used to the sounds? Whats your thoughts?

Cheers Cosmin

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim! It's just something new smile.gif I never thought about using them in a certain situation - the idea is that you have to exercise them and try to get your ears acquainted with the sound - I know that in the case of the M7 they are a bit peculiar tongue.gif

We shall talk about it tonight at the v-chat biggrin.gif

Cosmin

PS: Shall we look for another fun lesson, then?

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jul 26 2012, 09:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 26 2012, 08:12 AM) *
PS: Shall we look for another fun lesson, then?

For sure! Surprise me!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2012, 07:42 AM
Instructor
Tim smile.gif Since you are working on articulation skills, I will throw a rather tricky ball in your court smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/gary_m...spired_bending/

This here is a combo between, bends, vibrato and dynamics wink.gif There are a lot of subtleties which need to be taken care of, so shall we get to it? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jul 27 2012, 08:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sure thing! Im on it!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2012, 07:55 AM
Instructor
Can't wait to see the way you will handle all the dynamics biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Aug 3 2012, 10:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin

Well, its that time of year again for me. Summer is calling, so im signing off from my studies and heading off on my random travel/backpacking across europe. So guitar has to go on hold for a couple weeks unfortunatly.But dont worry, ill be back into it the second i get back smile.gif Probably 3 to 4 weeks from now though.
So catch you in a few weeks i guess. I'll probably drop into the forums every now and then just to keep in the loop smile.gif

Cya

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2012, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Alrighty Tim! You take good care of yourself and don't let the hands get lazy, ok?

Maybe you can hop in for the video chat sessions biggrin.gif

Anyway, I am here so, let me know when you get back or if you need anything in this period!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Aug 25 2012, 05:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Cosmin!

Well, im back from my travels! Saw some cool places! Met some great people! Ate pleanty of awesome food! But now its back to work!
I'll get back into my usual routines again and start doing some recs again!
How are you going? Anything exciting that i missed around here? I never had a chance to get on GMC the whole trip!
Its good to be back though! smile.gif

Tim

+Quote Post
korblitz
Aug 25 2012, 05:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm curious about your travels. I hope you travel to Spain is nice. Like fine wine. Hey, welcome back.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2012, 11:45 AM
Instructor
Howdy Tim! Welcome back mate biggrin.gif Glad to hear the trip was great! Hope you ate everything and then some more laugh.gif

Well, everything is great around here, so get back to work and let's see what you'll be dealing with first, aye?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Aug 29 2012, 10:13 AM
Learning Rock Star

Hey Cosmin
Quick question, I just remembered in the last video chat i did with you a few weeks ago, you mentioned a few vocal techniques/methods breifly. And if i remember correctly a thread was going to be stared. So just curious if that ended up happening as I was quite interested in the topic

Thanks
Tim

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Aug 29 2012, 10:14 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2012, 12:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Aug 29 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Hey Cosmin
Quick question, I just remembered in the last video chat i did with you a few weeks ago, you mentioned a few vocal techniques/methods breifly. And if i remember correctly a thread was going to be stared. So just curious if that ended up happening as I was quite interested in the topic

Thanks
Tim

Howdy Tim! How's practicing so far? biggrin.gif Well, the thread is in the making man biggrin.gif Will be up pretty soon. There's a lot of info to be featured and I would like to have it sorted out in a logical approach first!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Aug 30 2012, 10:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (korblitz @ Aug 25 2012, 04:18 PM) *
I'm curious about your travels. I hope you travel to Spain is nice. Like fine wine. Hey, welcome back.

Hi Korbiltz!
Thanks for the curiosity! Unfortunatly spain didnt fit into my plans (again!) One day it will happen! really looking forward to it smile.gif I went east and south this year. First stop was a friend mountain hut in Swizerland. Incredible! Then Went through Bavaria visiting the girlfriends relatives, then the czech republic to visit mine. Down through Bratislava, Vienna and Budapest! My GF had never been out there, so was awesome! Romania and Serbia were on the list as my Brother lives in Romania, but due to his work then holiday scheduele changing it didnt end up happening. So, a stop at lake Balaton, Hungary (GF's Grandfather) Then on through Zagreb Croatia and Ljubljana Slovenia, Cool new countrys for me biggrin.gif Then a long night train to germany sad.gif

Hopefuly you find this

Tim

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 29 2012, 11:04 AM) *
Howdy Tim! How's practicing so far? biggrin.gif Well, the thread is in the making man biggrin.gif Will be up pretty soon. There's a lot of info to be featured and I would like to have it sorted out in a logical approach first!

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,
Practice is going well, Doing a lot on the nylon string to get back in the flow. Also organising the next step of my life. (moving again) So thats eating a lot of time too.
I didnt mean to pressure you about the thread! Just popped into my mind and i couldnt find it anywhere. When your ready smile.gif
Ok, back to work. Hope to have some material ready soon!

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 30 2012, 10:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Aug 30 2012, 09:28 AM) *
Hi Korbiltz!
Thanks for the curiosity! Unfortunatly spain didnt fit into my plans (again!) One day it will happen! really looking forward to it smile.gif I went east and south this year. First stop was a friend mountain hut in Swizerland. Incredible! Then Went through Bavaria visiting the girlfriends relatives, then the czech republic to visit mine. Down through Bratislava, Vienna and Budapest! My GF had never been out there, so was awesome! Romania and Serbia were on the list as my Brother lives in Romania, but due to his work then holiday scheduele changing it didnt end up happening. So, a stop at lake Balaton, Hungary (GF's Grandfather) Then on through Zagreb Croatia and Ljubljana Slovenia, Cool new countrys for me biggrin.gif Then a long night train to germany sad.gif

Hopefuly you find this

Tim

Hi Cosmin,
Practice is going well, Doing a lot on the nylon string to get back in the flow. Also organising the next step of my life. (moving again) So thats eating a lot of time too.
I didnt mean to pressure you about the thread! Just popped into my mind and i couldnt find it anywhere. When your ready smile.gif
Ok, back to work. Hope to have some material ready soon!

Tim

No worries mate wink.gif No pressure taken! Please let me know in which way I can assist you and we'll be on it smile.gif In the mean time, I'm looking forward to your vid

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Sep 3 2012, 12:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hiya Cosmin

Ive got a video for you! Unfortunatly its not one that you gave me. Need a little more time with them.
This one was on my practice list for a long time, so i thought it was time to unleash it! Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/EXvVrq1xsEo

Tim

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:05 AM