Mertay
Apr 12 2016, 08:22 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 12 2016, 07:06 PM) *

...psst,
don't tell Mertay wink.gif

Cheers buddy

biggrin.gif

I really liked the desk by the way, you've really done an excellent job on placing everything functionally near you and still look tidy (mine looks like a small bomb exploded smile.gif ). I haven't seen you making audio related topics for a while? hopefully you're happy with your setup?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 12 2016, 09:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Mertay,

Glad you like my setup. I haven't been making audio much, not because I am satisfied but to help with time I was using the recordings I made for the theory workshop, that way I was killing two birds with one stone. I've been a bit stuck in the theory shop lately so haven't been recording because I'm trying to understand things.
I've also been practising the Petrucci lesson and to keep it down so my wife doesn't hear all of the mistakes laugh.gif I got straight into my GT-001. I will be back though.

By the way, I asked Radial if it was ok to put the Twin-City after a distortion/overdrive pedal and they said it would be fine so now I can plug guitar into Hotbird and either bypass the Hotbird using its true bypass or I can send the Hotbird to either my GT-001 or my Peavey.

Next thing, I'd like to have some switching system so I can go guitar to Hotbird, Hotbird to GT001 or Peavey and then have the GT-001 switched to either go straight to Focusrite or Peavey fx loop if that's possible rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your continued interest mate, I haven't forgotten you and Darius smile.gif Just a bit snowed under at the moment.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 14 2016, 03:03 PM
Id say get a sub if you don't have one. Nothing else will really do. You can always buy a nice set of heaphones E.G. AKG brand above $100 studio headphones. Which can give you a clue about what your low bass is doing in the mix. But the sub let's you get a better idea with your monitors. It's easy to hook up. Just try to get the same brand as your main monitors is possible. smile.gif

The Tannoy TS 8 is about $300 U.S. new
http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-17655-tannoy-ts28-subwoofer.aspx
Save up and it will go great with your tannoy speakers smile.gif They don't have a large enough driver/speaker to really let you hear what is happening in your mix.

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 12 2016, 02:06 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

I don't have a sub, I wouldn't really know how to connect one into my set up to be honest. What would you recommend and psst,
don't tell Mertay wink.gif

Cheers buddy

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 14 2016, 03:09 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 14 2016, 03:14 PM
Thanks Todd,

I'll order one this weekend if you can just tell me where I plug it in? I only have 2 outs.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 14 2016, 06:00 PM
The sub should have a pass through. So you'd go from your audio interface to the sub, the pass through to the monitors. smile.gif Since they are both from the same vendor, they should work well together smile.gif
Here is a picture of the backplate. looks like just RCA jack pass through to the speakers. What tannoy speakers do you have? you need to know where to set the crossover point. Usually near the bottom of the range of your monitors so the sub can take over from there smile.gif Also, don't put the sub in a corner or within 2 feet of a wall. Or you will get crazy bass that won't work well when you take your mixes other places.
Attached Image
Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 14 2016, 09:14 AM) *
Thanks Todd,

I'll order one this weekend if you can just tell me where I plug it in? I only have 2 outs.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 14 2016, 07:36 PM
Hmm, I still don't see how to connect it. My interface has left and right out, so if they go into the sub, where are the left and right our from the sub?

I'm going to give this more thought as I need to work out where to place it.

Made a small change to my setup. Man did I have a shock. The bloke at Radial said it would be fine to put the TwinCity after a drive pedal, I did it and it was terrible, weird sounds and horrid tone. After much fiddling I swapped over the power supplies. BINGO. Lovely. I can't believe the difference a power supply can make. I've bought a daisy chain now so I'l daisy chain the better of the two wink.gif

WOW, I want a row of THESE on my desk!!!! Mertay will go crazy laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cheers Todd

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 14 2016, 08:26 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2016, 03:48 AM
Sorry about that. The Tannoy TS10 has pass through , eg. ins and outs. Where as the smaller one, the TS8 (8 inch driver) only has inputs. For studio use you may need the TS2.10 or TS2.12 with 10 inch and 12 inch drivers respectively. Those have passthrough so you can go interface/sub/monitors. Sady, both higher end units have the pass through and the starter unit does not. If you say your interface only has to outs, then you may be better of with the ts2.10 which has a 10 inch driver and runs about $500.

http://www.tannoymarketing.com/WebServices...t=qv&v=6039

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 15 2016, 01:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here is my recording setup....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2016, 02:00 PM
Some very nice gear there to be sure smile.gif The ibby and axe fx are top notch and the big KRKs as well. Sweet!

Todd

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Apr 15 2016, 07:26 AM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 15 2016, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 15 2016, 03:48 AM) *
Sorry about that. The Tannoy TS10 has pass through , eg. ins and outs. Where as the smaller one, the TS8 (8 inch driver) only has inputs. For studio use you may need the TS2.10 or TS2.12 with 10 inch and 12 inch drivers respectively. Those have passthrough so you can go interface/sub/monitors. Sady, both higher end units have the pass through and the starter unit does not. If you say your interface only has to outs, then you may be better of with the ts2.10 which has a 10 inch driver and runs about $500.

http://www.tannoymarketing.com/WebServices...t=qv&v=6039

Attached Image

Thanks Todd, I'm checking out where I could put it, I don't think I can place it in a good position without it being in the way though sad.gif

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Apr 15 2016, 01:26 PM) *

That's sweet Beat, what's that on the floor?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 16 2016, 01:25 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 15 2016, 07:32 PM) *
That's sweet Beat, what's that on the floor?

That's an MFC101 foot controller for the AxeFX.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 16 2016, 09:55 AM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Apr 16 2016, 01:25 AM) *
That's an MFC101 foot controller for the AxeFX.

Cheers, I thought it was some kind of multi fx smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 16 2016, 09:55 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 16 2016, 10:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
Nothing too fancy, most of my stuff is digital:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 16 2016, 03:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 16 2016, 08:55 AM) *
Cheers, I thought it was some kind of multi fx smile.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2016, 04:05 PM
I was worried about that sad.gif You can get one off of EBAY though used for a great price. Reveal Tannoy subs are on their all the time. Could you ebay one maybe?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 15 2016, 03:32 PM) *
Thanks Todd, I'm checking out where I could put it, I don't think I can place it in a good position without it being in the way though :
Cheers

Nice setup! Very clean. Mine can feel a bit cluttered at times smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 16 2016, 05:36 AM) *
Nothing too fancy, most of my stuff is digital:

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 17 2016, 12:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 16 2016, 05:05 PM) *
Nice setup! Very clean. Mine can feel a bit cluttered at times smile.gif

I think I'd lose my mind with too much clutter. Even all the cables from the computer, keyboard, guitars etc. annoy me!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Apr 17 2016, 02:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here's mine, cable clutter drives me nuts too. I got a huge pack of those velcro ties and they really helped.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 18 2016, 01:53 AM
Another very clean setup, nice!

Todd

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Apr 17 2016, 09:45 AM) *
Here's mine, cable clutter drives me nuts too. I got a huge pack of those velcro ties and they really helped.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:46 PM