> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Legato Lesson, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

onetabmat
Apr 2 2019, 06:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Legato Lesson by Muris Varajic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2019, 04:40 AM
Instructor
Hi mate,

This lesson is a good choice for you! I can see that your fingers still need more days of practice to get used to those patterns and to be able to play the whole lesson smooth and tight. There are timing issues here and there, and the overall lesson doesn't sound smooth enough.

You need to continue practising, maybe in smaller blocks, and try to relax your left hand fingers while playing. Also, be sure to avoid doing too much strength when pressing the frets. Economising strength is important to achieve a smoother legato technique.

Besides that, it's always helpful to put some focus on keeping the fingers the closer possible to the fretboard. Try to make your finger's movements smaller.

This is not a bad take at all, I give you a 7!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 3 2019, 09:22 AM
GMC Founder
Mate - you are always so close but still somewhat miss the target. I recorded this video to try to explain what I mean:

This lesson is about developing a controlled and relaxed vibrato, and you are not really there yet, although it looks like you are every close. You get a 6 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 4 2019, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

From my point of view there are no aspects of hand motion, resting points or legato execution that would require any fix. During to distortion I need to partially guess but the specific "wrecking" sound while you pull=off and hammer-on tells me that you could be close to the wanted legato strength. Practising legato on too much distortion is pointless. In your take thigns seems to be compromised well enough.

What we experience as problems in your take is mostly ralated to your brain and muscles not being prepared well enough for particular position shifts. When something doesn't happen on a strong beat, it seems to give you problems. That's why your timing goes off and you loose some notes - you're simply not ready yet with this one becasue insetad of hacving things 200% counted and went through speed up process, you leave some parts for "luck" to make them happen "somehow". This way they happen randomly.

Again - I'm guessing but this issue happens on a regular basis with some of my students. It's simply an impatience thing. When things start to sound alike the original, they pass on further practise and let them happen "as they are".

I highly suggest to break these sections down with metronome alone and make a week of speed up practise adding just a few more bpm's every 10 minutes.

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 8 2019, 12:23 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:20 AM