Not Having A Lot Of Luck
rokchik
Apr 23 2008, 05:03 PM
The Dark Canuck
This is just not my week sad.gif

First I decide to "park" my Skidoo in a water hole and flood the engine...long but kinda funny story however is turning into a very expensive fix. Then my LP had some serious fret buzz going on and I couldn't seem to fix it myself no matter what I tried. It is now getting some professional care but I have been without it the last few nights and probably won't have back now until Friday. I've been planning on uploading some of what I've been practicing and am rather anxious to do so.

Now my brand new, not even a month old, Macbook crapped out on me sad.gif The slot where the power adaptor plugs into is literaly fried. Scorch marks and all. I'm so not impressed. It happened this morning. The tech guy was very nice about it and they are sending me a new one but still. I'm without my laptop for at least a week maybe longer (depends on shipping)

I know this is not life altering news, or the worst thing to ever happen, but I am a bit down about it all and just wanted to vent. I'm off the next few days and now all the recording/practicing I wanted to do I can't sad.gif

On a brighter side I guess it means I get to spent some quality time with my acoustic.

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Apr 23 2008, 05:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 23 2008, 05:10 PM
Get to da Chopper!
That does sound like a great time to sit with the acoustic...

While you still have internet access be sure to print a few theory lessons off too.

Or maybe you could spend all this time writing an awesome song- thats must be perfect before the Macbook is fixed so that you can record right away.....

....ooo the excitement of a deadline wink.gif

Sorry about all the money this is costing you though sad.gif can't be easy..but remember...not every week will be as expensive as this one..be glad you got it out of the way smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 23 2008, 05:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Even more depressing, soon Andrew will show up suggesting in th emean time you spend time on his theory lessons wink.gif

Take care, a year from now you'll be laughing at all of this I hope smile.gif

+Quote Post
Old School Rocke...
Apr 23 2008, 05:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (rokchik @ Apr 23 2008, 09:03 AM) *
This is just not my week sad.gif

First I decide to "park" my Skidoo in a water hole and flood the engine...long but kinda funny story however is turning into a very expensive fix. Then my LP had some serious fret buzz going on and I couldn't seem to fix it myself no matter what I tried. It is now getting some professional care but I have been without it the last few nights and probably won't have back now until Friday. I've been planning on uploading some of what I've been practicing and am rather anxious to do so.

Now my brand new, not even a month old, Macbook crapped out on me sad.gif The slot where the power adaptor plugs into is literaly fried. Scorch marks and all. I'm so not impressed. It happened this morning. The tech guy was very nice about it and they are sending me a new one but still. I'm without my laptop for at least a week maybe longer (depends on shipping)

I know this is not life altering news, or the worst thing to ever happen, but I am a bit down about it all and just wanted to vent. I'm off the next few days and now all the recording/practicing I wanted to do I can't sad.gif

On a brighter side I guess it means I get to spent some quality time with my acoustic.

rok

Lol I can relate with your skidoo story my familly owns two sexy 07 Can-Am Otlanders (Quads, Atv, Four Wheelers)we took them in for a regular maintenance as we were loading them up on our trailer i heard a clunking noise near the rear left suspension i didnt know exactly what it was but i told them to fix it cause its under warrenty still but apparently because of Can-Am's Policy they cant fix it untill its "Broken."

So what this means is then next time were out in the bush Miles from our vehicle and it breaks were gonna have a loooong anoyng trip back and even worse it could be a big safety problem if someone gets hurt well Can-Am is definately gonna hear about it from my familly and myself.

Anyway thats my story, simmilar to yours it think.

+Quote Post
at lights end
Apr 23 2008, 05:40 PM
ouch, that really sucks.

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 23 2008, 05:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, sorry to hear sad.gif

It seems bad things always come in packs of three!, so relax, yo'll soon have your guitar &laptop by your side, nothing else should go wrong in a long, long time!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 23 2008, 06:38 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 23 2008, 01:51 PM) *
Wow, sorry to hear sad.gif

It seems bad things always come in packs of three!, so relax, yo'll soon have your guitar &laptop by your side, nothing else should go wrong in a long, long time!

Thanks Fran, this is what I was kinda hoping too. 3 bad things already happened so I should be safe for a little bit smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestion of the theory lessons guys. I have pretty much all Andrews lessons printed off and in a binder so I go through them pretty regular, but this will give me the chance to get a bit further ahead. However I think my acoustic needs some TLC....he gets kinda put to the side when the Gibson is around.... it's a sin really, I'm such a bad parent sad.gif

And Old School, that's Bombardier for ya. They can be such pains in the you know what to deal with. My sled is a Bombardier and I've had a few arguments with them so I know where your coming from. But how do you like the Outlander? I am looking at getting a quad this summer and it was one I was looking at.

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 23 2008, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Sorry to here that sad.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Old School Rocke...
Apr 23 2008, 07:09 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Apr 23 2008, 10:38 AM) *
And Old School, that's Bombardier for ya. They can be such pains in the you know what to deal with. My sled is a Bombardier and I've had a few arguments with them so I know where your coming from. But how do you like the Outlander? I am looking at getting a quad this summer and it was one I was looking at.

Yeah The outlanders are an amazing ride. Id definately recomend them, i just wish BRP had a better policy.

My favorite part about Outlanders is how when you give it alot of gas from a stand still theres no delay b4 you get going, you just go, its something you gotta try to know about, my old man is also looking at a Renagade right now or just a smaller two wheeler just something for hauling ass on the flats, but i prefer mud pits. Outlander=Best in mud pits.

The joy of taking a girly-girl through a mud pit, getting both of us completely doused in mud, then having her all rattled and not enjoying it, but later on hearing her ask you to go again is great lol wink.gif that was a good weekend. cool.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 23 2008, 07:17 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Old School Rocker @ Apr 23 2008, 03:09 PM) *
Yeah The outlanders are an amazing ride. Id definately recomend them, i just wish BRP had a better policy.

My favorite part about Outlanders is how when you give it alot of gas from a stand still theres no delay b4 you get going, you just go, its something you gotta try to know about, my old man is also looking at a Renagade right now or just a smaller two wheeler just something for hauling ass on the flats, but i prefer mud pits. Outlander=Best in mud pits.

The joy of taking a girly-girl through a mud pit, getting both of us completely doused in mud, then having her all rattled and not enjoying it, but later on hearing her ask you to go again is great lol wink.gif that was a good weekend. cool.gif

Well one thing we have is a lot of mud, although I am anything but a girly girl and don't plan on having one on the back with me tongue.gif wink.gif Thanks for the info though man, it sounds like what I'm looking for.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 23 2008, 08:23 PM
Instructor
sorry to hear that .

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 23 2008, 08:42 PM
that really sucks, but you could practice acoustic in that amount of time

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 24 2008, 12:59 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thats bad news , but I guess we all have moments like that sad.gif Idea of playing acoustic guitar sound very interesting though.. smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 24 2008, 02:07 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I think you should learn some theory in the mean time ...

Wait, is there an echo in here or did I say that already unsure.gif

Anyway, Jolly bad luck Rok, but think how sweet it will all be when you get it all back together again smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 24 2008, 02:15 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 23 2008, 10:07 PM) *
I think you should learn some theory in the mean time ...

Wait, is there an echo in here or did I say that already unsure.gif

Anyway, Jolly bad luck Rok, but think how sweet it will all be when you get it all back together again smile.gif

You know now that you mention it there is a bit of an echo. Must be feedback somewhere, Kris should have that looked into wink.gif laugh.gif

It will be pretty sweet when I get it all straightened out. Just like Christmas, complete with maxed out credit cards biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:40 AM