2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Webcam Questions :)
Aaron A
Jan 22 2014, 10:38 PM
GMC:er
Logitech makes solid webcams and I have never had a problem with mine (c615). The only thing I can't do is record video and audio on the same computer, it becomes extremely choppy and I have to cut the video quality down to its minimum setting. I also don't have the best computer around so it might just be me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 22 2014, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (Aaron A @ Jan 22 2014, 09:38 PM) *
Logitech makes solid webcams and I have never had a problem with mine (c615). The only thing I can't do is record video and audio on the same computer, it becomes extremely choppy and I have to cut the video quality down to its minimum setting. I also don't have the best computer around so it might just be me.

Hey Aaron smile.gif this really depends on the computer and system health but you're not alone smile.gif the c615 is way ahead compared to what I have but let me share what I managed to find till now, I'm also open to others suggestions too smile.gif

To record 720p (wide screen) without crackle, first I record at 44.1khz and adjust latency to 5 ms. which is my personal maximum (longer latency better if you're comfortable). I'm using as less plug-ins as I can.

This wasn't enough so I disconnected the internet from the internet access icon at the clock(I'm on windows 7 by the way) and this really helped. Not sure if totally eliminated but I'm still testing and notice it made a difference. Also I have no active virus protection programs as they really make recording a terrible experience smile.gif

Worst case is find a plug-in thats a de-clip or de-crackeller. If you're playing distortion this really helps cause it only affects the di signal of the guitar and simply don't care the clips while you play as they can be fixed later. But when playing clean you really have to listen and analyze to find a sweetspot, they can be destructive on guitar tone.

I'm still in my testing/learning phase but I also expect that recording visual with a different program and disabling the recorded image while recording might also help, at least my default logitech program can't do this disabling.

By the way, I haven't formatted my computer for a long time now and pretty sure lots of junk is working on the background smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 23 2014, 01:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 23 2014, 04:36 AM
It may be time to add more ram (8 Gigabytes is a good spot for audio/vid work, but the more the merrier) or maybe upgrade your entire rig when possible. dual core or quad core is a good place shoot for. Recording audio and video while using real time plugins requires a bit of computing muscle.

QUOTE (Aaron A @ Jan 22 2014, 04:38 PM) *

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:34 AM