Rocktron Prophesy Preamp, same like dave mustaine, rusty cooley and Gary Hoey uses
Nick Kellie
Jun 11 2008, 09:12 PM
Instructor
Hi guys.... This is surplus to my requirements at present and is a great high gain versatile preamp with effects! this is the 1st version.... below is a copy of an email i sent to rocktron when enquiring as to the differences between the 1st and most recent 2nd version of this preamp! (aside from the price which is £1000 +)

"Hi there,

I am considering getting a Rocktron Prophecy I and wondered what are the
differences between the 1st and 2nd versions of this unit?
many thanks,
Nick"

Answer:

"The factory presets and the black lexan label versus the blue label are
the only differences.

Jim "

so there you have it! I am looking for £525 ** UPDATE>>>> PRICE LOWERED TO £480!!! for this.... pictures below. I should also mention that the prophesy 2 presets are downloadable via the rocktron website and aren't any better.... just different. Making this unit the same as the 2nd edition except the fact this one has a blue label.

Nick

check out rocktron's site for more info http://www.rocktron.com/site/products/prea...hesy/index.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nick Kellie: Jul 1 2008, 06:34 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Jun 26 2008, 02:54 PM
Instructor
nobody ? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 26 2008, 03:19 PM
Instructor
that was my dreamed preamp !!! I have the Chameleon 2000 and it's amazing, so I cannot imagine how good is this unit !!!!
anyway I get the oportunity to buy a differnt gear and I went in a different way (one friend build me a custom bogner-clone preamp, and I bought a Gsystem...) but if I need to buy gear again I'll go for this unit for sure !!!! One friend had it and it's just amazing biggrin.gif

Congratulations mate !!!!!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 26 2008, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
Looks like a bargain! biggrin.gif

Sadly, I don't have the money for it.. sad.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 26 2008, 06:57 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
haha, seriously? The only differences is the color and the presets? rolleyes.gif
That's crazy considering the prize difference laugh.gif

Good thing you asked, seems like a fantastic preamp though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Jun 28 2008, 01:14 AM
Instructor
yeap - they are the differences.... I guess they re-launched the product... called it II so people would think its 1 better (clever marketing ploy) and get famous people to do some presets (which you can load on yourself from their site anyway... and they aren't anything special you cant do yourself).

Great unit though!
still up for sale if anyone wants it....
nick

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Jul 1 2008, 06:33 PM
Instructor
Bump! Ok guys.... £480.... someone ??

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:56 PM