Two Little Videos Of Me, rhythm(inspired by Iced Earth) and solo(inspired by Gabriel.L)
Skalde
May 25 2008, 07:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

I just bought a webcam, it was very cheap so the video quality is not the best ( in other words, its horrible cool.gif ) I just want to know, what you think about it, if iam on the right way and on what I should focus on when doing exercises.
I still call myself a beginner so you better don't expect some high quality stuff.

The first video is a simple riff inspired by Iced Earth's Dark Saga
[attachment=7641:rhythm.wmv]

The second video contains a small 'solo' inspired by Gabriel's power metal solo (in slow of course cool.gif )
12 seconds are taken from his lesson.
I didn't pay attention to the scales I used in this video, the diffrent licks might not fit together.
[attachment=7642:solo.wmv]

ps:
I look a little bit tired, it was early in the morning laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
skennington
May 25 2008, 09:15 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Looks like your on the right track to me man. Looked relaxed ( hand wise ) ans seemed to have some good hammer on skills. I noticed your bends were a little off as that's something I'm still working on too and seems to require quite a bit of ear training. Riff was pretty simple but we all got to start somewhere right?

Overall,nice job! The vid quality was'nt that bad but in the future i would recomend trying to sinc the audio with the video. smile.gif

Edit: spelling

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: May 25 2008, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
Skalde
May 25 2008, 09:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you for your feedback skennington. You are right, I really need to practice bendings. I will add this to my learning shedule.
The vid quality would have been better I had had a USB2bus on my computer.
At the moment, a lot of frames are lost during transmission process. I hope I can fix that soon.

best regards,
Skalde

This post has been edited by Skalde: May 25 2008, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
Siggum
May 25 2008, 09:44 PM
GMC:er
Nice riffing Skalde, it can be usefull to record video of yourself playing, so you can easily spot any tension or whatever you might be doing.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 25 2008, 09:57 PM
Instructor
Nice first recording smile.gif skennington covered pretty much everything i could think of smile.gif

Video wasnt that bad, but it might have been easier to give further advice if the right hand were more visible.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 25 2008, 10:03 PM
Instructor
nice tracks skalde

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 31 2008, 10:04 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice first recordings mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 31 2008, 11:39 PM
Instructor
sounds great! man laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:30 AM