Big Day Tomorrow, Gig !
snackajacks
Mar 1 2013, 10:14 PM
GMC:er
So tomorrow is the big gig, time went soo fast.
We have to play for lots a people smile.gif , We even got featured in a local newspaper :

We play together with a Rammstein , U2 , RATM and Muse coverband.
Looking forward to it. I will share some photo's/ videos if I can biggrin.gif

If you feel like coming, its in the south of Netherlands

Pre-sale 9 euro's
Door 11 euro's

May the guitargods be with me, Pray for me not breaking a string/ technical faillure.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 1 2013, 11:29 PM
Instructor
Great, hope that you will have a good time ! Don't forget to shoot some video wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2013, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Best of luck man! I am sure you guys will rock! As Sinisa says - pics and movies!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 2 2013, 04:24 PM
Yes I will make sure to get some footage biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 3 2013, 12:14 PM
It was Aw-Sum. I have the pics in a couple of days biggrin.gif
Nothing went wrong , only annoying thing was the monitor that wasn't loud enough to
hear my own guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zoom
Mar 3 2013, 12:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Really hate not being able to hear well. I can't play as confident as I like. So you didn't have your amp next to you?

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 3 2013, 01:10 PM
QUOTE (zoom @ Mar 3 2013, 12:24 PM) *
Really hate not being able to hear well. I can't play as confident as I like. So you didn't have your amp next to you?

The amp was behind me but it wasn't that loud since it was mic'ed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2013, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Mar 3 2013, 11:14 AM) *
It was Aw-Sum. I have the pics in a couple of days biggrin.gif
Nothing went wrong , only annoying thing was the monitor that wasn't loud enough to
hear my own guitar.

Did you have enough time for the sound check and monitors in front of you?

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 3 2013, 02:16 PM
nowp only 15 minutes of soundchecking and setting up after the other band., the photo's are uploaded in this topic :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48096

enjoy biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2013, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Congrats mate! I wish you best of lucks!

edit: this already happened!! I'm checking the pics now! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 3 2013, 06:08 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2013, 08:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Mar 3 2013, 01:16 PM) *
nowp only 15 minutes of soundchecking and setting up after the other band., the photo's are uploaded in this topic :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48096

enjoy biggrin.gif

Ow... 15 minutes... man, you can't really do too much in 15 minutes so it is understandable why you haven't had enough time for a decent sound check. In 15 minutes you can only do a line check - that means seeing if the settings you had previously prepared at the sound check are ok. Whenever possible, take the time for the sound check. I know that in many cases, the organizers wither don't prepare enough time for that either the sound crew delays things, but in the end, the bands are affected either way. It's like a silly game sad.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 4 2013, 09:41 AM
Yes , luckily this saturday we play as the first band , so we have about 45 minutes to set everything up,
Its in a town just a couple of kilometers away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2013, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Alright then man! Take your time and see that you have everything covered - do you guys have your own live sound engineer?

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 4 2013, 10:54 PM
now , we don't have one yet, but we are looking for one, for now we are just setting everything up in the rehearsal room and making
pictures of the settings with our phones . And usethat live for the sound.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2013, 11:24 PM
Instructor
Yeah mate, but, the sound engineer is the one person who knows how to twist them buttons on the mixer to make you guys sound good on the PA system - even if you totally respect your setting at the rehearsal room - the gear will not behave the same in open air or in a club maybe. Know your tone by heart and by ear and learn how to reproduce it in any environment smile.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 5 2013, 11:38 AM
jup thanks for the tip, not sure how to approach someone as of now since we also have to pay them and we are all just students. Its not that we make money out of the gig's . But we definately need one yes,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2013, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Great tips Cosmin. Cirse started to sound good live once we got our own Sound Engineer. Before that we always had issues like "Voice too low" "guitars too low" "no bass in the mix" and things like that. As I studied sound and recording at the University I knew a lot a of people related to sound. In one of our first gigs we met one of my University's partners and as he liked the band we started to call him to every gig. Nowadays he is like another member of the band. Cirse's staff became bigger with the pass off time... we have now a sound engineer (the same one!), a girl that work with the lights, a guy dedicated to the videos shown behind us in the screen, 2 roadies, a manager and a press girl (she gets all the interviews and press in general). It's very difficult to get the right people at first but once you do some gigs, people will start to appear and to offer their job.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2013, 09:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 5 2013, 01:34 PM) *
Great tips Cosmin. Cirse started to sound good live once we got our own Sound Engineer. Before that we always had issues like "Voice too low" "guitars too low" "no bass in the mix" and things like that. As I studied sound and recording at the University I knew a lot a of people related to sound. In one of our first gigs we met one of my University's partners and as he liked the band we started to call him to every gig. Nowadays he is like another member of the band. Cirse's staff became bigger with the pass off time... we have now a sound engineer (the same one!), a girl that work with the lights, a guy dedicated to the videos shown behind us in the screen, 2 roadies, a manager and a press girl (she gets all the interviews and press in general). It's very difficult to get the right people at first but once you do some gigs, people will start to appear and to offer their job.

Whoa, sounds great man. We are currently looking for a manager as we have two roadies, the press/ PR girl and sound engineer as well. In here though, it's a bit difficult to get good management if you are a metal band. If we would've been playing pop, I think we could've found a manager even at this moment laugh.gif

Alas, we will keep doing our stuff smile.gif I am the one taking care of the management with the aid of the PR girl, but it's tough like hell man and sometimes I feel like I can't open a lot of doors sometimes sad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:36 PM