> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Kirkhamster's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2015, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Kirk!

Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army. Here I will guide you with your guitar practice, creating routines, practice plans, giving feedback of your playing always based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

Before we start I would like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 17 2015, 02:26 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kirkhamster
Sep 18 2015, 06:45 PM
GMC:er

Hi Gabriel!

Sure thing, here goes:

- How many time have you been playing guitar? On and off for about 15 years.
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians. Of course Kirk Hammett, Randy Rhoads to me was the all time best (his blend of metal and classical), Vai, Wylde for his heavy and chunky riffs, and Slayer (RIP) for their speed and brutality.
- What are your guitar goals? Being able to just jam over any random backing track for fun without thinking.
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)? Haven't thought that far ahead. Just a life long hobby and love really.
- How many time can you play guitar each day? Realistically 30 to 45 minutes
- Do you have playing live experience? Garage bands with friends
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar? Can learn fast, dedicated, but lacked music theory when I was a kid... BUMMER
- What do you know about music theory? Basic scales, CAGED, concepts like that. I have a good notion of where the notes are throughout the guitar, whole tones, half tones, etc. I know different pieces and ideas but putting them together for some nice soloing is an issue.
- Can you record videos of you playing? I want to spare your hearing smile.gif Just kidding, I need to record an audio soon, yes my friend.

THANK YOU GMC- "Kirk"

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2015, 02:39 PM) *
Hi Kirk!

Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army. Here I will guide you with your guitar practice, creating routines, practice plans, giving feedback of your playing always based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

Before we start I would like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2015, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the info! The next step is to hear/see you playing! When do you think you'll be able to share any stuff?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2015, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Ok Kirk, as you shared a video via PM, I'm ready to suggest your first routine.

Routine #1

Guitar Gym #1 (20 minutes) Link HERE

Alternate Picking Workout 3 (20 minutes): https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-workout-3/

Besides this work, you can dedicate the remaining time to keep on working on Metallica's song and some random jamming or composing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
kirkhamster
Sep 25 2015, 03:00 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 25 2015, 01:19 PM) *
Ok Kirk, as you shared a video via PM, I'm ready to suggest your first routine.

Routine #1

Guitar Gym #1 (20 minutes) Link HERE

Alternate Picking Workout 3 (20 minutes): https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-workout-3/

Besides this work, you can dedicate the remaining time to keep on working on Metallica's song and some random jamming or composing.

Thank you Gabriel- can't wait to begin...

2 questions: Just want to confirm as you say to do 20 minutes on GG #1 in our thread, however each block which has 2 separate exercises, on the linked thread you say to do 10 minutes total. So for Block #1, do I do 5 min and 5 min or 10 min and 10 min for each exercise in Block #1? Question #2- Does GMC have a good digital metronome you recommend, and if not, do you recommend digital metronomes to use in general?

KH

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2015, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Kirk, the ideal for Guitar Gym is 30 minutes, but as you've said that you only have 45 minutes for practice we can decrease the time to 20. This means that you have to administrate your time different. You can work on 1 exercise of each block for 5/7 minutes, and alternate each day.

About metronome, every lesson has a metronome included...

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
kirkhamster
Oct 1 2015, 04:21 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 25 2015, 02:09 PM) *
Hi Kirk, the ideal for Guitar Gym is 30 minutes, but as you've said that you only have 45 minutes for practice we can decrease the time to 20. This means that you have to administrate your time different. You can work on 1 exercise of each block for 5/7 minutes, and alternate each day.

About metronome, every lesson has a metronome included...

Attached Image

Hey Gabriel and friends-

When you play to the metronome do you start the first note of the drill ON a beat. like you say in your head, 1 2 3 4 and come in on that 1??
Or do you like to use the metronome just to keep a specific rhythm? Never understood if its best to play to it or along with it? Hope that makes sense?

Also on Block 3, Exercise 2, you have a pull off from 12 to 9 on the E string and then do you pick that 10 on the B? Little confusing.. This is for the first set of exercises by the way? I'm not sure if it is the tab program itself but the pull offs can seem to be a little cut off. Maybe it is me..

THANK YOU EVERYONE

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2015, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, about metronome, yes, I count 1, 2, 3, 4 and start at beat 1 with the exercise. In order to be sure that you are practicing this correctly it would be good to hear your playing along with a metronome. Please record yourself and share it here, or at the Guitar Gym thread.

I took the block 3 from a GMC lesson so I recommend you to check the slow videos to see exactly how Ben Higgins plays the exercises. This is the link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Nuno-B...-Style-Soloing/

Check it out and let me know if you need more help.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:18 AM