Soloing, which scales to use
Wolf2005
Jan 25 2008, 02:20 PM
GMC:er
Hello Kristofer, My name is Aaron I am new member here but I have to say this site is a blessing for me. I have played guitar for about 20 years off and on, I wish i would have stayed more steady with it but I kept getting discouraged because I couldnt find any good teachers, but looks like I finally have. I have just recently started to really get into soloing as where I would be improvising my solos instead of learning them the way a guitar tab would show the artist playing them. I had been looking around your site and I couldnt find a lesson on what scales to use for different chords. What I mean by this is sometimes I try and improvise a solo but somewhere my notes start to sound off and dont go with the chord that is being played. Lets say we are playing blues in A then we would switch to D then back to A then to E I would try to solo using the A pentatonic scale but when the song would switch to D I get lost and cant find where to go from there maybe you could help me clear up this problem. Thanks alot for your time and again this site is awesome all your instructors are very good I look forward to working with all of them.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Wolf2005: Jan 25 2008, 02:22 PM

--------------------
Aaron
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 15 2008, 06:47 PM
GMC Founder
Hey Wolf - and thanks for your kind words! biggrin.gif

If you solo over a blues in A you shouldn't have to worry to much about chord changes if you stick to the standard penatonic scale. In other word just play A minor pentatonic and you should be fine.

If you want to go more advanced over the blues progression and use jazzier scales I recommend David Wallimann's lessons which focus a lot on modulation - which is a trcky thing - as it requires heaps of brain activity when practcing! blink.gif laugh.gif

Check them out here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search_re...David+Wallimann

Good luck!
Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:37 PM