Changing Strings
ElHombre
Nov 9 2013, 03:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
There 1 error that keeps me from doing this myself wink.gif
When Im about to insert the string in the knob and start turning

Is there anyone who knows a good close up Video of this?
And not someone that involves turning, twisting and stuff

I watched at the guitar shop, they just put it in, held a finger or something on and turned

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Nov 9 2013, 06:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
Well, there are different ways of doing them, but after a few times, it becomes natural. All the methods will involve turning and twisting though ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 9 2013, 06:36 AM
Learning Roadie
It doesn't matter that this is for acoustic guitar. Watch from 3:00

I use the method he uses for the low E on the Low E and A and the one he uses for the A string on all the rest

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 9 2013, 08:42 AM
GMC:er
I do what he does for the low A on all my strings (with post like that).
I don't put more than 2 or 3 wraps on the low E so it doesn't get messy.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 9 2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - for me, it's always the same smile.gif Wrap the string around the knob for about - 3-4 times and then insert it in the hole, holding the loose end tight and then starting to turn the key.

I will buy new strings soon and I'll remember to make a vid with the procedure smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 9 2013, 03:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrLKlJS1wEo

Here around 1:40 was a more easy methode without a lock
I suppose this will do as well?

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 9 2013, 05:25 PM
The 'lock' is only really necessary on the G B and high E strings.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 10 2013, 11:59 AM
Instructor
This is pretty much what I do at least for tuning pegs

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2013, 02:08 PM
Instructor
I think Darius' vid sums things up wink.gif It's a real woosh to change strings on a normal guitar, but when you have to deal with a floyd system, it's a lot more fussy, as you need to watch out for calibrating it.

Out of curiosity, how do you guys place the strings in the floyd - do you cut the ball end or place the string in such a way that it goes through the hole in the headstock while leaving the ball end there and placing the free end into the floyd slot?

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Nov 10 2013, 03:15 PM
I just measure how much play I need in the string and then I put a 90 degree bent at that exact location. I put the string in the peg's hole without letting the bend go through and then from the other end I put another hard bend in the string way over 90 degrees. Then You can literally lift the guitar up with the string and it won't come off. Plus its a breeze when you're taking the strings off because you don't have to deal with untying knots smile.gif

I'll find a video for you, I learned this off a youtube video.

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2013, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Nov 10 2013, 02:15 PM) *
I just measure how much play I need in the string and then I put a 90 degree bent at that exact location. I put the string in the peg's hole without letting the bend go through and then from the other end I put another hard bend in the string way over 90 degrees. Then You can literally lift the guitar up with the string and it won't come off. Plus its a breeze when you're taking the strings off because you don't have to deal with untying knots smile.gif

I'll find a video for you, I learned this off a youtube video.

Alright mate - post it here wink.gif I'm sure everyone can benefit!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:25 PM