Hello There
Pantalaimon
Jun 23 2007, 11:15 PM
GMC:er
Hey there everyone at GMC!

My name is Joseph, I'm 17 years old and I live in the United States (Austin, TX to be exact). I have been playing guitar seriously for about 8 months now. I actually found this site by accident while googling "guitar theory lessons." I was quite intrigued by the free lessons and Kris's intro video (which was very inviting I might add). I knew I could learn a lot from the lessons here.

But what really made me join was Kris's little story in that one section of the site, where he tells of a friend he had that was better than him. You see, it has this creepy continuity with my own situation - I used to be in a band as a vocalist last year, and I wrote the lyrics and the vocal melodies while my guitarist basically wrote all the music. When I quit the band I decided to get serious about guitar so that I could write my own songs. My old guitarist is still a good friend of mine, and I want so badly to be as good as him - he has just this uncanny ability to see the fretboard and rip out solos and hooks and riffs like they're nothing. I want that. That's why I joined GMC.

I hope to learn a lot here. This website fits me well, as I have lots of time to play guitar in my room (where my computer is also very conveniently placed).

I look forward to meeting you all, and increasing my guitar skill.

~Joe smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 23 2007, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Welcome man!!

I think we have 20 members from Texas! I want to move there to have lessons from Rusty ohmy.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Have fun here and good luck achieving your goal!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 24 2007, 05:01 AM
GMC:er
welcome dude, we are very glad to have you here smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:17 PM