Gmc Lesson Plans Requests
Iluha
May 15 2008, 08:07 AM
GMC:er
I got a request, if someone coule please make a lesson guide on how to get a better grip of the modes? (What scales can I play over which chords, moving from mode to mode, and just playing the modes across the fretboard).

Thanks to whoever decides to write one smile.gif

Anyone who wants a certain guide should post their request here, I think it will be efficient to have all requests in one topic.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 15 2008, 09:16 PM
Instructor
That seems like an interesting topic. I'll keep it in mind for the June. Maybe big "Total Modes Workshop" is in order wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
May 20 2008, 09:14 PM
Instructor
I haca come across of an interesting book Advanced Modern Rock Guitar Improvisation by Jon Finn (Mel Bay) It's a visualization book, the good thing is that you leanr scales by continuos paterns of geometric figures of 4 notes, so you make 4 times less effort. For theory go for Guthrie Govans Creative Guitar both volumes, may be it's not funny as watching a video but they help you a lot.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Iluha
May 21 2008, 04:13 AM
QUOTE (Gerardo Siere @ May 20 2008, 10:14 PM) *
I haca come across of an interesting book Advanced Modern Rock Guitar Improvisation by Jon Finn (Mel Bay) It's a visualization book, the good thing is that you leanr scales by continuos paterns of geometric figures of 4 notes, so you make 4 times less effort. For theory go for Guthrie Govans Creative Guitar both volumes, may be it's not funny as watching a video but they help you a lot.

I actually read those two books, they did open my mind, but only a little, because he mostly talked about things I allready knew and did... I'll see if I can find that book by Jon Finn though, sounds intresting, thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
AdamB
May 21 2008, 11:24 AM
+1 for this, I've learnt the modes as 3nps scales but can't actually use them at the moment, a good lesson and some exercises on how to actually apply the modes to achieve different sounds/genres would be amazing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:43 AM