Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver Remake
Spock
Jul 24 2014, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
I like the newer sound, I like Vivian Campbell's solo much better though.

Come to think of it - Viv's solo was the only thing that made the song worth a damn in the first place.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 24 2014, 04:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
bleez
Jul 24 2014, 07:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I like this version, quite cool. The video is kinda humorous smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 24 2014, 08:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
this is the song I used for picking out my monitors and Dio's album was one that inspired me to pick up guitar cool.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 24 2014, 09:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 24 2014, 08:14 PM) *
this is the song I used for picking out my monitors and Dio's album was one that inspired me to pick up guitar cool.gif

It was one of the first metal albums I got biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2014, 02:37 PM
Instructor
I love this version a lot more than the original biggrin.gif Well, I am a KSE fan so...

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 25 2014, 03:06 PM
I loved the Holy Diver album - Vivian was my hero for years. But you know that song on any given album that you hit the Fast Forward button on? - Holy Diver was the song I always skipped.

"Caught in the Middle", "Don't Talk to Strangers" and of course "Rainbow in the Dark" were my favorite tunes on the album.

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jul 25 2014, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 24 2014, 05:25 PM) *
I like the newer sound, I like Vivian Campbell's solo much better though.

Come to think of it - Viv's solo was the only thing that made the song worth a damn in the first place.

you are absolutely right..... the song is good but the solo of Vivian Campbell was/is outstanding and made the song something very special for me..

+Quote Post
Lexman
Jul 25 2014, 07:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Holy Diver is a metal classic I think it was smart on their part to make a remake of this song because obviously it's well known,
but imo the original sounds much better.
I dislike the mix in the KSE version, I can't hear the vocals distinctly and it tires my ears...
(aww poor baby) happy.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2014, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Dio was an amazing artist. Every album in which he has song is classic full of fantastic metal songs. Holy Diver is my favorite and Killswitch version make justice this this amazing version. Congrats to them!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:36 PM