Forum Suggestion
ActiveX
Nov 18 2007, 03:43 AM
GMC:er
It would be nice if somewhere in the forum the current date and time were displayed, here's why:
When I see a post that I want to reply to, and I see the time that the last post was made (ex. 630pm)...
that really means nothing to me because I don't know what time zone this site is using. I don't know if I'm replying to a post that was made just minutes ago, or hours ago. Since we have such a diverse group of members from all over the globe from all different time zones, I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets a bit confused sometimes. So if the current "GMC Time" was displayed somewhere, that would help a lot.
Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Robin
Nov 18 2007, 03:53 AM
Indeed!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 18 2007, 04:01 AM
GMC Founder
Yes forum time is unfortunately completely wrong...

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 18 2007, 04:06 AM
I have adjusted my board time settings to pacific time (-8 GMT) to get aprox. the right time, while my actual time zone is CET (+1 GMT)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 18 2007, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Yeah, that's really a great idea and I hope it was not too much difficult to do, is it?

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 18 2007, 07:08 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 17 2007, 10:06 PM) *
I have adjusted my board time settings to pacific time (-8 GMT) to get aprox. the right time, while my actual time zone is CET (+1 GMT)

Even when i set my time to my time zone its still wrong sad.gif .I cant even make up a different one to be accurate because its just off and it doesnt give me that option.I think we should be able to make just one time to all go by on GMC.This cant be difficult and this is the first request /Suggestion i've seen in awhile that actually is useful and needed. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 18 2007, 11:00 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
i think this would be a cool idea.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 19 2007, 09:00 AM
GMC Founder
Forum time should now be working again!

When I go to MyControls>Board Settings (lower left corner) and choose the appropriate time zone - it gives me the correct time. Amazing! laugh.gif

edit - however things will be displaying a little strange on the forum for the next 6 hours, because of the clock re-setting...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 19 2007, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Yeah, now I'm in time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Nov 19 2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah, this rocks!! Thanks team

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 19 2007, 10:53 AM
Instructor
Great Kris,thanks!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 11:14 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Nov 19 2007, 09:33 AM) *
Yeah, now I'm in time biggrin.gif

But Juan, you always seemed in time when i watch you play unsure.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 19 2007, 01:36 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Excellent! Kris can even travel in time, amazing!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Nov 19 2007, 01:43 PM
lets do the time warp again...... *cue music* http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zdu7xoHU9DA laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 19 2007, 02:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thats possibly the most crazy thing ive ever seen mellow.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 19 2007, 02:43 PM
Good thing, but I'm still one hour off... unsure.gif

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Nov 19 2007, 02:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:39 PM