2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gear Advice
Alexiaden93
Jun 16 2009, 06:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys ! Summer holidays just around the corner, and I feel I should get a bit more serious about my guitar playing ! biggrin.gif I'm going to California at the beginning of the holidays, and I will definitely buy some new gear ! biggrin.gif

So... I basically need to know what kind of video-editing software is necessary to fix audio/video when I record things for the REC ! Something free would be great, if not, just give me the name ! biggrin.gif

I guess I'll need some kind of toneport, and any advice would be greatly appreciated ! smile.gif I have a quite old video camera with 1.33 megapixels, so I might invest in a new webcam... Guitar and amp is probably just up to me ! wink.gif

Thanks for your time, and have some awesome holidays wherever you go ! biggrin.gif

Alexander

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 16 2009, 06:42 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I record for the REC with a PodXT ("toneport"), and Sony Vegas ("video editing software"), and I recommend both.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 16 2009, 06:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Jun 16 2009, 07:31 PM) *
So... I basically need to know what kind of video-editing software is necessary to fix audio/video when I record things for the REC ! Something free would be great, if not, just give me the name ! biggrin.gif

I guess I'll need some kind of toneport, and any advice would be greatly appreciated ! smile.gif I have a quite old video camera with 1.33 megapixels, so I might invest in a new webcam... Guitar and amp is probably just up to me ! wink.gif

Thanks for your time, and have some awesome holidays wherever you go ! biggrin.gif

Alexander

Free video editing software: Windows movie maker, comes with windows and does the job

USB interface: Pod Studio GX sounds great and is inexpensive

Webcam: I use Quickcam Pro 9000 and it also does the job nicely

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 16 2009, 06:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jun 16 2009, 07:42 PM) *
I record for the REC with a PodXT ("toneport"), and Sony Vegas ("video editing software"), and I recommend both.

Thanks, Matt ! I'll check it out ! Can I download Sony Vegas, or do I need to buy it ? smile.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 16 2009, 07:46 PM) *
Free video editing software: Windows movie maker, comes with windows and does the job

USB interface: Pod Studio GX sounds great and is inexpensive

Webcam: I use Quickcam Pro 9000 and it also does the job nicely

Hey Fran ! Thanks for the advice smile.gif I've noticed Quickcam Pro 9000 is very popular out there, so this is what I was planning to get. Could anyone give some more suggestion on video/audio editing softwares (paying or not) ? Your comments are most helpful ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jun 16 2009, 06:53 PM
GMC:er
where in california are you going? i can help you find the good stores, i know the good places in all of california!!!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 16 2009, 06:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jun 16 2009, 07:53 PM) *
where in california are you going? i can help you find the good stores, i know the good places in all of california!!!

Hey Marc ! biggrin.gif We're actually going to drive around, but I believe we'll stay for a few days in Los Angeles and San Francisco smile.gif My dad says there's a big music store right next to the hotel ! smile.gif Apart from this, I can't really tell you anything else as I don't know ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2009, 12:22 PM
Instructor
Video editing software: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 (costs about 50$, it's excellent, best bang for buck)
Interface: POD Studio GX
Webcam: Logitech Pro 9000

One thing that you're missing here is the DAW, I recommend Reaper. Also you will need a set of speakers, cause you cannot use laptop speakers for DAW work. Any set of speakers (or even a headset) would be fine.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 17 2009, 03:12 PM
How do you guys handle the sound with the 9000 Pro?

When I just use it with its microphone, the audio keeps cutting out. It's like the automatic volume control is kicking in when it shouldn't be. Even at relatively low volume levels. One of the thing that keeps me from doing REC stuff at the moment is I'm dreading setting my good mic on my amp and then synching that audio stream with the video.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 17 2009, 03:36 PM
I don't use Quickcam 9000 audio, it's just not good enough compared to te mix in reaper. I think the best option is to get 2 sepparate files (vid & sound) and mix them Scott.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jun 17 2009, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Jun 16 2009, 07:50 PM) *
Thanks, Matt ! I'll check it out ! Can I download Sony Vegas, or do I need to buy it ? smile.gif

Hey Fran ! Thanks for the advice smile.gif I've noticed Quickcam Pro 9000 is very popular out there, so this is what I was planning to get. Could anyone give some more suggestion on video/audio editing softwares (paying or not) ? Your comments are most helpful ! biggrin.gif

Of course you can download, but it is illegal I suppose you better buy it ! Yesss you better buy it! Or you'll get the Fed's on your back man! No good! No good!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 17 2009, 08:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jun 17 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Of course you can download, but it is illegal I suppose you better buy it ! Yesss you better buy it! Or you'll get the Fed's on your back man! No good! No good!

Haha ! Yeah, thanks Jesse ! biggrin.gif Thanks a lot for your help guys ! Much appreciated !

So I guess I should get
- Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000
- Sony Vegas Pro 9.0
- Reaper
- Some kind of toneport biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 17 2009, 09:32 PM
Actually there's an option to buy Vegas as a download, just checked it this afternoon, I believe it cost 35 Euros, 7 less than the DVD version, plus you don't have to wait for it to arrive smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 17 2009, 09:32 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I use Windows Movie Maker for connecting my audio mp3 and video from my camera. It is "free" if You have windows. It surely isn't to good, but just for REC I think it is enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 17 2009, 09:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Fran and Marek ! biggrin.gif I think I'll get Sony Vegas though smile.gif If I'm going to invest in something, I might as well get it done with smile.gif Thank you for your help ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 18 2009, 01:45 AM
Instructor
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 is about 40-50$ and it can go pretty much everything you would do with Vegas Pro. COnsider.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 18 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 18 2009, 02:45 AM) *
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 is about 40-50$ and it can go pretty much everything you would do with Vegas Pro. COnsider.

Hey ! I'll have to wait for my trip to California to take place, Ivan ! biggrin.gif School finishes tomorrow ! biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 18 2009, 11:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
For good quality video/audio recording I would recommend:

-POD Studio GX (for guitars only) or UX1 (for Mics too etc)
-Sony Vegas (any version would work well)
-Reaper (free DAW software)
-MiniDV camcorder with firewire interface (possibly Sony)
-Some strong lights (flood lights can do the trick)

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 19 2009, 01:31 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 17 2009, 10:36 AM) *
I don't use Quickcam 9000 audio, it's just not good enough compared to te mix in reaper. I think the best option is to get 2 sepparate files (vid & sound) and mix them Scott.

Ok. So I'm not too far out on that. That's good. Pain in the backside, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2009, 07:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 19 2009, 12:23 AM) *
For good quality video/audio recording I would recommend:

-POD Studio GX (for guitars only) or UX1 (for Mics too etc)
-Sony Vegas (any version would work well)
-Reaper (free DAW software)
-MiniDV camcorder with firewire interface (possibly Sony)
-Some strong lights (flood lights can do the trick)

Yes, I agree, as Bogdan said, some portable lightning system will help you greatly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jun 20 2009, 11:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks again guys ! biggrin.gif I don't think I'm going to use extra lighting, though... I'll just record in the upstairs living-room, when nobody's at home to shout at me ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:10 AM