Did I Get Ripped Off?
Martin la guitar...
Aug 9 2009, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
Hello! I was in the mood of subscribing to 12 issues of guitar world magazine (including 12 cds.)

When i entered the card number and pressed the subscribe button a error occured. It said that "This page isnt currently working right now. Please check if you have cookies blah blah blah....

Did i get rip off? Here is the site:

http://www.guitarworld.com/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skalde
Aug 9 2009, 09:16 PM
Learning Roadie
you did not get ripped off

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 9 2009, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Skalde @ Aug 9 2009, 10:16 PM) *
you did not get ripped off

then what happened?

+Quote Post
Static
Aug 9 2009, 09:18 PM
Guitar World is a very respected magazine, so I doubt you got ripped off. Try contacting the Customer Service. wink.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Peavey HP Special Custom, Gibson SG Standard, Ibanez RG1570
Amps: Marshall TSL601, Fender Frontman Reverb, Fender Champion 600

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 9 2009, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Aug 9 2009, 03:08 PM) *
Hello! I was in the mood of subscribing to 12 issues of guitar world magazine (including 12 cds.)

When i entered the card number and pressed the subscribe button a error occured. It said that "This page isnt currently working right now. Please check if you have cookies blah blah blah....

Did i get rip off? Here is the site:

http://www.guitarworld.com/

no. check your credit card, for available balance and compare that + outstanding balance to limit. That tells you if the charge went though, not yet posted. Contact company if necessary. Generally and well known name such as guitarworld is safe, crooks don't get their hands on domain names serious people will pay big bucks to own.

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 9 2009, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 9 2009, 10:18 PM) *
no. check your credit card, for available balance and compare that + outstanding balance to limit. That tells you if the charge went though, not yet posted. Contact company if necessary. Generally and well known name such as guitarworld is safe, crooks don't get their hands on domain names serious people will pay big bucks to own.

ye i guess. But what happened? I really want to subscribe this magazine...What went wrong?

+Quote Post
Skalde
Aug 9 2009, 09:24 PM
Learning Roadie
it happens that websites are down occasionally

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 9 2009, 09:25 PM
kk, i was about to buy some dvs from guitarworld. But i guess i need to wait with that? As the site is down

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 9 2009, 10:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Aug 9 2009, 10:25 PM) *
kk, i was about to buy some dvs from guitarworld. But i guess i need to wait with that? As the site is down

Site in general is working fine atm, not sure of subscription tho,
I'm already subscribed.
But yeah, try again in few minutes or som, everything is safe.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 9 2009, 11:07 PM
kk, thanks everybody! I try again tomorrow

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 11 2009, 10:41 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Tell us if it works! Those sorts of things happen all the time (web sites going down). Usually if you don't see payment confirmation you don't get charged but I guess anything can happen with those breaks. Try again today and see if it works.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 11 2009, 10:46 AM
Instructor
If the transaction went through you can see it on your bank statement. Print the statement, scan it and send to them with the explaination. That's a company with a huge respect and there is no chance you can be ripped off smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 11 2009, 10:46 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 11 2009, 11:41 AM) *
Tell us if it works! Those sorts of things happen all the time (web sites going down). Usually if you don't see payment confirmation you don't get charged but I guess anything can happen with those breaks. Try again today and see if it works.

ye i will smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 13 2009, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Nothing to worry about, the site was probably just temporarily down, did you try to subscribe again?

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 15 2009, 05:00 PM
ye i did. Now it worked smile.gif Thanks everyone

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 15 2009, 05:52 PM
Instructor
It will work out if you send them email or call them and let them know of your transaction number from your credit card.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2009, 05:14 PM
Instructor
Have you checked if you have cookies enabled?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Aug 16 2009, 05:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I hope this worked out for you. I can understand your anxiety about it, but typically its a communication error on the server so the transaction doesn't get processed. If it does, you'll be able to see it on your online statement almost right away. You can always contact your credit card company by calling the number on the back of the card. Tell them what happened. They will be more than happy to check and see, real time, if any charge went through. That's what they are there for.

I hope it's all worked out!

Cheers!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:59 AM