Metal/rock Collaboration, FINAL MIX AND COMMENTS
muntahunta
Jan 16 2008, 05:26 PM
Learning Roadie
ok, thanks for everyone who took part and listens to this tongue.gif

UNFORTUNATLY.
i have had ALOT of trouble with this collab and very little amount of time to fix things due to uni work so i apologise in advance for the bad mixing and organisation (but enough of my excuses)
the main thing you will notice is that i've had to get rid of the drums since my software broke and the backing went out of time (dont ask me how, i have no idea) so i want EVERYBODY to imagine the drums are there lol

also, if the volume levels are a bit off, im working from 1 speaker as my main speakers need new wires (thanks to my little canine friend and his likeness of chewing things)

i have changed the layout since i did not recieve 2 peoples inputs so the first verse is now an into of sorts and the last chorus i played myself.

COMMENTS

Samhook
first of all, i liked the solo very much apart from the first few notes, down to opinion i think tongue.gif
the tone you used was very trebely and it was cliping a little, only minor problems. i liked the middle part the most where you made the solo follow the rythm for a few notes.
this is very much the kind of solo that i would write tongue.gif
i would have liked to have heard a little more variation in the last part but overall a great solo.

Kaznie_NL
i have to admint, the verse seemed very hard to solo over.
you admitted that you wernt very good with the guitar *YET* which was a bold move when you wanted to try this collab. even though some of the notes you played didnt sound very well, you put ALOT of effort into this and it definatly showed in your writing. i can hear the solo that you wanted to play and it sounds brilliant for this verse, unfortunatly whats in your head and what your fingers do arent "quite" at the same level yet.
keep working with the lessons on GMC and you'll be throwing brilliant solos out everywhere.
a few slides and a better tone would definatly make this sound alot better.
if i were you, i'd come back to this in a few weeks time and re-record the solo. this could show you how much you have improved since you first recorded this. keep at it!

Smells
Dare i say anything? if i do i'll get a new name lol
I have to say, i loved this tone (its on my X3 now) and the playing was amazing.
sweeping was brilliant, the bends were emaculate (not sure if thats the right spelling tongue.gif). the only part of the entire solo that wasnt jaw dropping (in my opinion) was the last run which was a tiny bit out of time (although that could have been my fault when the software broke)
A- tongue.gif

Iluha
This tone was clipping a little but you got a great feel for the breakdown, slow starting where the tone definatly suited the feel. i think the bends were well placed and i loved the build up.
theres not really anything i can say was wrong with this, it suited the part of the song, was well played and had a great tone.

Muntahunta/Manhunta/Mintymuncha/etc
im not gonna comment on myself but if anyone else wants to, feel free, i like constructive critesism tongue.gif

So, thanks again for taking part and i hope to work with you guy's again.

also, i'll say sorry again for the delay/quality of the mixing and im not gonna make any more excuses tongue.gif

Cheers
Chris

EDIT

errmmmm, ok, the solos havent been included :S

EDIT 2

ok, no idea why but it didnt want to add the solo's in, hoping its fixed now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Jan 16 2008, 07:25 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  gmc_metalrock.mp3 ( 2.99MB ) Number of downloads: 257

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 07:08 AM