2 Pages V   1 2 >  
So Today Has Been A Brilliant Day, :D
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 17 2009, 01:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've been writing a bit about it on the boards, that I haven't felt all too excited about things lately. I've been having a hard time finding a reason in doing what I've been doing. It's been a bit... goal-less. I mean, living on my own, not saving up for anything etc. It has been a good time, without homework etc., but it is indeed a bit without substance.

Anyways, geuss what happened:

Friday I was told to take a long ride on my bike and leave work 1 hour early or so, and I did that. Went a long way away... and then my bike got a flat tire. So I had to call a cab, as I was in the middle of nowhere.

Anyways, I got home, but couldn't go to get the tire fixed untill yesterday, which I did. Getting that bike back today. Luckily I had a spare one, which I use when my first one ain't as it should be.

So today I went out the door after fighting my way out of bed etc. and out the door. I got up my bike and the first road I get to, some lady drives out on the road without noticing me and I get knocked down, my spare bike pretty much destroyed, but I got out without any damage. Was pretty schocked, called work and got allowed to just stay home for an hour or so. Had to take the metro to work then, which I did. Then I got to work and my boss wanted to talk to me, and geuss what:

I got fired! laugh.gif

It doesn't mean as much to me, as I wasn't happy with the job really, so I can laugh at it. But what a day! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 17 2009, 02:09 PM
GMC:er
Wow!!! I've had all those things happen to me before...
BUT NEVER ON THE SAME DAY!!!!!
That's some serious Bad Luck Dude!!!
ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Feb 17 2009, 02:09 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 17 2009, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Sorry to hear about everything
but since you're laughing at it as well
I must add that you've had The Day. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 17 2009, 02:12 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 17 2009, 01:53 PM) *
I've been writing a bit about it on the boards, that I haven't felt all too excited about things lately. I've been having a hard time finding a reason in doing what I've been doing. It's been a bit... goal-less. I mean, living on my own, not saving up for anything etc. It has been a good time, without homework etc., but it is indeed a bit without substance.

Anyways, geuss what happened:

Friday I was told to take a long ride on my bike and leave work 1 hour early or so, and I did that. Went a long way away... and then my bike got a flat tire. So I had to call a cab, as I was in the middle of nowhere.

Anyways, I got home, but couldn't go to get the tire fixed untill yesterday, which I did. Getting that bike back today. Luckily I had a spare one, which I use when my first one ain't as it should be.

So today I went out the door after fighting my way out of bed etc. and out the door. I got up my bike and the first road I get to, some lady drives out on the road without noticing me and I get knocked down, my spare bike pretty much destroyed, but I got out without any damage. Was pretty schocked, called work and got allowed to just stay home for an hour or so. Had to take the metro to work then, which I did. Then I got to work and my boss wanted to talk to me, and geuss what:

I got fired! laugh.gif

It doesn't mean as much to me, as I wasn't happy with the job really, so I can laugh at it. But what a day! laugh.gif

sorry to hear that bro...

I wish you the best in finding a new job

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Feb 17 2009, 02:15 PM
Instructor
GOD bless you!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Feb 17 2009, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Brilliant must mean something different in Denmark than it does in the US, because that day sucked. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by purple hayes: Feb 17 2009, 02:22 PM

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 17 2009, 02:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ahaha, I'm Danish, but it was mere irony, though still I'm okay with it all.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 17 2009, 02:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Feb 17 2009, 08:22 AM) *
Brilliant must mean something different in Denmark than it does in the US, because that day sucked. ohmy.gif

Isn't that the truth.

But all things happen for a reason Cal. I don't believe it all to be an accident..

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 17 2009, 02:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Like muris said, it's good to see you're laughing at it. I may well be moving into your position soon, except it'll be living with my girlfriend.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 17 2009, 02:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Sorry to hear, hope things will work out for you.

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Feb 17 2009, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 17 2009, 08:22 AM) *
Ahaha, I'm Danish, but it was mere irony, though still I'm okay with it all.

Dang it. You caught me before I had a chance to edit my post. ph34r.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 17 2009, 02:38 PM
Sounds like you got a lot of inspiration for playing the blues... Pick up that axe and make it soulful - sounds like you've had a real bad day.

/Edited for language by Micke on behalf of the moderating team

This post has been edited by MickeM: Feb 17 2009, 03:10 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 17 2009, 02:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Oh man so sorry to hear this!! sad.gif Hope you'll get back on track and find a new job soon that you'll really like doing!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 17 2009, 03:08 PM
It wasn't your boss in the car was it laugh.gif At least then I got knocked over by a car is an excuse they can't fail to listen to smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 17 2009, 04:01 PM
Instructor
Wow man, what a day!
That almost sounds unreal.
As bad as all this could sound, this could mean that all that is happening for a good reason which is kind of exciting I think.
I'm looking forward to hearing how things turn out!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Mark.
Feb 17 2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear mate, just listen to this and everything will look even more funny smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 17 2009, 04:27 PM
That's some day. Sounds unreal to be honest, but I guess that reality can be more unreal than anything sometimes.

This post has been edited by Mandos: Feb 17 2009, 04:28 PM

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 17 2009, 04:42 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
ohmy.gif wow that is some bad luck! sorry to hear that, but as others have said, your dealing with it well, and sometimes these things just have a way of panning out for the best, good luck with finding what you want to do smile.gif keep us updated!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 17 2009, 07:40 PM
Instructor
Oh man, that seems to be taken from a Woodie Allen movie script sad.gif
I hope things work out soon and you'll find a better work.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Gus
Feb 17 2009, 08:52 PM
Wow, man. I wish better lucky tomorrow!

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:27 PM