2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What's Everybody Practising ?
Ben Higgins
Nov 23 2012, 10:58 AM
Instructor
Hi Guys, what sort of things are you working on lately ? Are you developing certain techniques or phrases, working on a song / lesson ?

I don't think we have enough 'practise log' type things going on here. I think if we share what we're doing more often, we can help inspire each other or just share a good laugh ! smile.gif

I've been working on expanding my legato to come up with more licks and phrases.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Nov 23 2012, 11:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Nov 23 2012, 01:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 23 2012, 04:58 AM) *
Hi Guys, what sort of things are you working on lately ? Are you developing certain techniques or phrases, working on a song / lesson ?

I don't think we have enough 'practise log' type things going on here. I think if we share what we're doing more often, we can help inspire each other or just share a good laugh ! smile.gif

I've been working on expanding my legato to come up with more licks and phrases.

Capturing the Flag so I can quit looking like the worst FPS player ever! laugh.gif

OH! You mean guitar!

I've actually been using your Hand Sync lessons just for different picking patterns to help my AP. Just started with string skipping, so slow but it's coming along well. Also I've been trying to break away from tabs when dealing with music to help my vibrato/bends.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/new-ring

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
BTrian
Nov 23 2012, 01:12 PM
Learning Roadie
various Piotr lessons, AP and legato stuff.
+ tapping and thumb independence on acoustic guitar

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 23 2012, 01:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I still working on my timing with daily exercises - theory stuff and getting into ear training what could help me more to play what i imagine .
Of course i enjoy a lot the collabs which are a great experience .

Too I`m working on a little privat album (family and friends) Seeds falling on Gaja and a Baphomet Them.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 23 2012, 01:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Nov 23 2012, 12:05 PM) *
I've actually been using your Hand Sync lessons just for different picking patterns to help my AP. Just started with string skipping, so slow but it's coming along well. Also I've been trying to break away from tabs when dealing with music to help my vibrato/bends.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/new-ring

ohmy.gif

Hitting 'play' gave me a huge shock ! I wasn't expecting that !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (BTrian @ Nov 23 2012, 12:12 PM) *
various Piotr lessons, AP and legato stuff.
+ tapping and thumb independence on acoustic guitar

Sounds good man, Piotr's a master ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Nov 23 2012, 12:23 PM) *
I still working on my timing with daily exercises - theory stuff and getting into ear training what could help me more to play what i imagine .
Of course i enjoy a lot the collabs which are a great experience .

Too I`m working on a little privat album (family and friends) Seeds falling on Gaja and a Baphomet Them.

Baphomet Them ? That's an unusual but cool sounding name smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 23 2012, 02:19 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I've been playing along to some of my favourite songs lately, mostly Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, Offspring and Sum 41 stuff.

However, I thought I should practice something more difficult and made a list of Iron Maiden, Metallica and Blind Guardian songs to learn. I think I will also add one AP and legato exercise to the list.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 23 2012, 02:55 PM
OK Ben why not trying to get some help and inspiration here !

Baphomet Theme - here an idea of what i am trying to work out more ,

the main problem for me right now is to get a good fitting background rhythm about 4-5 minutes , over that i can then workout my main melody closely to what i recorded as example .

And hopefully find the right timing biggrin.gif too.

Dieter

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/baphomet-theme

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 23 2012, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Finger contortions or learning new chords and shapes from Chord Chemistry.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 23 2012, 04:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ive got a few lessons which Im working on-
Bens hand sync, which I can play but not at full speed.
couple of Cosmin's 'voice of your guitar' lessons, working on getting the bends to pitch.
todds shred lessons
a few other various lessons here and there and a couple of pink floyd songs.

I think sometimes I spend too much time playing stuff I can already play.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Nov 23 2012, 04:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have a surprise for you...

...outside picking.

+Quote Post
K1R
Nov 23 2012, 04:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, I've recently become a fan of Tommy Emmanuel and Stochelo Rosenberg. And I couldn't decide if I should practise fingerpicking or gypsy improvisation, so I determined to make a fingepicking arrangement of fly me to the moon and add a gypsy solo which I am working on now smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 23 2012, 06:14 PM
Instructor
You guys are working on some cool stuff !!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Nov 23 2012, 01:55 PM) *
OK Ben why not trying to get some help and inspiration here !

Baphomet Theme - here an idea of what i am trying to work out more ,

the main problem for me right now is to get a good fitting background rhythm about 4-5 minutes , over that i can then workout my main melody closely to what i recorded as example .

And hopefully find the right timing biggrin.gif too.

Dieter

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/baphomet-theme

So what is this Bapohmet Theme ? Did you make it up ?? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Nov 23 2012, 06:19 PM
A few lessons here and there, the warrior bushido task 43, Lamb of God style riffing, Metal Metrics 4, and a few others, also working on some improvisation, mainly just things I need to get recorded today for the mentoring thread with Cosmin smile.gif

But also looking at some different lessons from Piotr, can't decide which one I should get started with, so many great ones!

Rock on!

Tobias

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 23 2012, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Nov 23 2012, 05:19 PM) *
A few lessons here and there, the warrior bushido task 43, Lamb of God style riffing, Metal Metrics 4, and a few others, also working on some improvisation, mainly just things I need to get recorded today for the mentoring thread with Cosmin smile.gif

But also looking at some different lessons from Piotr, can't decide which one I should get started with, so many great ones!

Rock on!

Tobias

Great, you're having a go at the latest Bushido Task.. nice one ! smile.gif

Yes, there's too many amazing lessons to choose from in Piotr's collection !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2012, 06:29 PM
Instructor
I practice some routine exercises alternate picking / sweep picking / legato but I'm using most of my guitar time for composing nowadays... so learning and analyzing song is also part of the diary practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 23 2012, 07:49 PM
Tone Seeker
I practise these at the moment. Not on full speed though wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Linear-Shred-Zone/

and this for the REC

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...d-style-lesson/

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 23 2012, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 23 2012, 06:14 PM) *
You guys are working on some cool stuff !!! biggrin.gif

So what is this Bapohmet Theme ? Did you make it up ?? smile.gif

Hello Ben !

First i got to say i do not know who or what Baphomet is even if Baphomet is Good or Bad !
What i know is that It or He long before Christianity --and other religion after christianity-- came up and still does influences in our time.

I must say i am Pagan and i don't want any kind of religion for my self what must not mean i am not spiritual , OK !

On net is a lot of dump and fiction but for serious studys it will bring you into many cultures and a long time back into time.

Here some link`s in english for a little overflow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

If some is interested in this theme - it fits to pagan and metal i think

should check this Names on net in your own language:

Abufihamet --- Tem Ohp Ab --- Pistis Sophia --- and of course the templars but about them is really a lot of dump on net .

Anyway this are only a few informations here .

Dieter

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 23 2012, 09:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Nov 23 2012, 07:14 PM) *
Hello Ben !

First i got to say i do not know who or what Baphomet is even if Baphomet is Good or Bad !
What i know is that It or He long before Christianity --and other religion after christianity-- came up and still does influences in our time.

I must say i am Pagan and i don't want any kind of religion for my self what must not mean i am not spiritual , OK !

On net is a lot of dump and fiction but for serious studys it will bring you into many cultures and a long time back into time.

Here some link`s in english for a little overflow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

If some is interested in this theme - it fits to pagan and metal i think

should check this Names on net in your own language:

Abufihamet --- Tem Ohp Ab --- Pistis Sophia --- and of course the templars but about them is really a lot of dump on net .

Anyway this are only a few informations here .

Dieter

Hey Dieter.. sorry, I meant the piece of music.. is it something you created ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 23 2012, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 23 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Hey Dieter.. sorry, I meant the piece of music.. is it something you created ? smile.gif

Yes, Ben it is a mute i try to get somehow out of me -- on guitar wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
Nov 25 2012, 07:51 AM
The usual story here....no time to practice at all!!Really frustrating...work overload!! huh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:51 AM