Pod X3
Outlaw2112
May 3 2008, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
Just got my POD X3 tonight.. looks like alot to learn about this thing, its also bigger than i thought it would be.. Cant play it tonight, my son wants to watch man vs wild..

Can anyone give me some pointers on learning this thing?

I just found a pod thread... but its all hard to understand for me...
Wish they had a pod book for dummies

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
USAMAN
May 3 2008, 06:24 PM
download gear box...... and monkey from line 6 website

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Gus
May 3 2008, 09:53 PM
POD X3 is overwhelming. The sound combinations are nearly infinite...

So, I suggest you to download some tones from www.customtone.com and test the tones you download and analyze the ones you like.

Starting working around with a few amp models and try to get a good sound with them before learning more.
My favorite amps in POD X3 are, J-800, J-900 (both dist and clean), solo 100, line6 clean, and blackface lux.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Mackietao
May 3 2008, 10:06 PM
read the manual on how to edit and save presets.. It´s not that hard. But getting the perfect sounds.. That´ll take some time =)

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 3 2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah, ive messed around with it for awhile... its gonna take some time to learn all this, from how far the mic is from the amp to the type of amps and all the settings...

Is there any way we could make thread where people could post all their favorite settings to download to line 6 monkey?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 4 2008, 01:15 AM
seems like alot of the tones have way too much treble and sustain... I dont know if its because of the EMG's i have in my guitar, but just about every tone i have downloaded in the style of lamb of god is way too much treble and sustain..

Also when playing through your amp, do you play through the clean channel without any effects?
Ive been playing through the clean channel..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:42 AM