Jeff
Jul 14 2007, 06:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 14 2007, 12:04 AM) *
But probably I dont think you can go wrong with William Hung
-John

laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 14 2007, 06:19 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (LiveRust @ Jul 13 2007, 11:08 PM) *
Id rather listen to good lyrics or someone who sings songs that match their voice. Then someone who has a great voice but can't write a song.

I love Lou Reed how he can add spook to the songs by his raw voice. No one can sing Sweet Jane like Lou can.

I would love to be able to sing like Van Morrison, Mick Jagger and Roy Orbison.
Other people I would love to sing like is
- Bruce Springsteen
- David Bowie
- Jeff Tweedy (Wilco)
- Bob Dylan (Yes I said Bob Dylan. He also brings that rawness and spook into his songs)
- Tom Petty
- Rod Stewart

I just want to agree with you on Lou Reed. He is amazing. Morrison, Jagger, Springsteen, Bowie, Petty and Stewart too IMO but I wouldn't want to sing like them with the possible exception of stewart.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 14 2007, 02:01 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 14 2007, 01:19 AM) *
I just want to agree with you on Lou Reed. He is amazing. Morrison, Jagger, Springsteen, Bowie, Petty and Stewart too IMO but I wouldn't want to sing like them with the possible exception of stewart.

What is it with Rod Stuart? I find his songs boring and his voice awful, but my wife adores him, guess I must have missed something!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
LiveRust
Jul 14 2007, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 14 2007, 06:01 AM) *
What is it with Rod Stuart? I find his songs boring and his voice awful, but my wife adores him, guess I must have missed something!

Have you ever heard him with the Faces? With Ron Wood on guitar they produce a cool sound.
I love all his albums up until Blondes Have More Fun. I can't stand Do You Think Im Sexy. I think a lot of people hate him now just because of that one song but if you listen to his earlier stuff it is really good imo.

This post has been edited by LiveRust: Jul 14 2007, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 14 2007, 08:23 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (LiveRust @ Jul 14 2007, 12:38 PM) *
Have you ever heard him with the Faces? With Ron Wood on guitar they produce a cool sound.
I love all his albums up until Blondes Have More Fun. I can't stand Do You Think Im Sexy. I think a lot of people hate him now just because of that one song but if you listen to his earlier stuff it is really good imo.

He said himself that that particular song was a joke.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 14 2007, 10:00 PM
Blind Willie Johnson, now THAT's a singer smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 15 2007, 05:54 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 9 2007, 06:10 PM) *
That's a cool question!

Well, if someone asks me who is my favorite singer than it's Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) for sure! He sings both heavy stuff and ballads with so much power i get chills every time i hear him singing!

But than again Carlos Zema of Outworld can sing both incredibly high and low notes and still keep the power... That's a tricky question really...

But ok if i have to decide i go for Hansi!

Hansi is amazing so flawless even at shows... hes my favorite singer by far.. but if i could steal anyones voice it would have to be Mikael Atkerfelt, sry about spelling of his name im not gunna look it up... but opeth is amazing, his voice makes me smile so much hahaha

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2007, 06:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 11 2007, 08:33 PM) *
Jeff Buckley

He was very talented.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
nrpstreetballa
Jul 16 2007, 01:21 AM
with out a doubt i would want to sing like axl rose, he is crazy!!! but i also love the power of anthony keidis voice ( red hot chili peppers) you will know what i mean when u hear the chorus of dani california

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jul 16 2007, 09:49 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Despite of the fact, that is generally BAD to try to sing like someone, I would love to sing as Russel Allen from Symphony-X, but I would have been pretty much satisfied with Max Cavalera (SoulFly), Matt Belaney (Muse) or Dez Farara (Ex. Coal Chamber, now DevilDriver).
Also Phil Anselmo (Pantera) had pretty bada*s voice, same for Burton C. Bell in earlier carrier... now he is just worn of.

But most of all I want to sound like myself and give the most of my own voice, though I just hate my singing/screaming voice smile.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 16 2007, 04:03 PM
Bon Scott RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jul 16 2007, 06:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
To name one who is not currently listed, Chris Cornell.

I know he kinda sucks live, but I just love his voice on all the albums he's been part of :]

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jul 17 2007, 12:04 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (jeff @ Jul 14 2007, 05:29 AM) *
Luciana - I posted this singer already but I did find a Youtube video. It is old, 1986, so the quality of the video is not that great, however, this is a live performance and I have never heard anyone sing like this - especially live! smile.gif It's bluegrass and most on here like metal but hang in there with it cause at the end he holds a long strong note and incredible vibrato throughout!

Go John Cowan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmFsi_MtfmA...ted&search=

I heared and he is so good! excelent!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar34
Jul 20 2007, 07:17 AM
Axel Rose I love his voice it is so awesome!

--------------------
The more practice the better you get!

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 20 2007, 07:25 AM
Has anyone mentioned Kurt Cobaine. Underneath all those grungealicious growls he actually had a very nice tone and I dont care if I get criticized for putting him up here cuz just because they play punk music, doesnt mean they CANt sing

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 28 2007, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I think that there a alot of great singers but if i have to pick on it would bee Ben Sotto from the band Heavenly

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 29 2007, 07:26 AM
Robert Plant,Bono,M. Shadows(singer for avenged sevenfold),Philip Labonte(singer for shadowsfall), Eric Clapton(yay for clapton). probably tons more but none come to mind atm.

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:01 AM