> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Shuma13-rocking Tune-beginner, By-Muris Varajic
Shuma13-Beginner Rock Tune
Grades
1. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6. [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8. [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
9. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Shuma13
Jul 8 2011, 05:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Original Lesson:https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/rocking-tune-beginner/

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Digitech RP-255
Cuebase-LE4

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 18 2011, 04:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2011, 06:17 AM
Instructor
Nice take man! I like your playing. The most important thing that I think you should work is your vibrato technique. You should improve it and make it stronger. It will give more expression to your playing. There are some other little details but vibrato is the thing to improve!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 8 2011, 08:55 AM
Instructor
Good take.. Gabriel is right about vibrato. This is something that you will want to work on. Maybe find some lessons that focus on that technique. I would say the same about bending too.. it wasn't bad at all but it could be a bit more stable and strong. On the unison bends starting at 0:26 you could hold them a bit longer.. you let them come down a bit early in my opinion.

Another thing is you might want to think about using your ring finger to play the double bend at 0:57 instead of your 2nd finger. This will be more efficient in terms of distance between fingers.. plus you don't want to encourage too many bad habits.

Timing was good.. all in all a positive take smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2011, 01:17 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Your take could be greatly improved if you'd pay more attention to bending the notes up to their exact pitch and vibrating stronger. As Gabriel said, vibrato adds a huge amount of expression!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 11:20 PM
Instructor
Well played solo, and I can see you are putting a lot of effort into keeping the timing and those bends right. The problem here is with those vibratos. They need to be more even, and precise. Other thing that I noticed is that you pick mostly downstrokes with the pick. I think some parts would be easier with alternate picking.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 13 2011, 01:44 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.5 on this take..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:48 AM