Posture Trouble... Help!, Aching pain at the top of picking arm
me213
Apr 20 2008, 05:35 PM
GMC:er
Hi GMC,

When practicing I get an aching pain in my picking arm between the torso and the arm and also on the side of the arm. I get it from keeping my wrist on the bridge and can't relax it because my wrist drops off the guitar sad.gif . Any help would be excellent.

Thanks
Sam

ROCK ON!

laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
What could more fun than playing the ELECTRIC GUITAR??!!

Paul Gilbert
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 20 2008, 07:45 PM
Instructor
Seems to me you're not sitting straight either. Must have a straight back when sitting and playing, and don't anchor your right hand on the bridge. You must use the part of your picking hand to mute the strings anyway. In the beginning it will be hard naturally, but be persistent and in time you will experience no pain.

Also try to close your eyes and concentrate on your posture for a a few minutes, analyze what you "feel" and you try to make a habit of keeping a good posture that you discover by this "method"

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
me213
Apr 21 2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks Ivan. Does this mean that my right hand can't touch the bridge apart from when palm muting because currently I put my hand on it to stop other strings ringing.

Thanks
Sam

--------------------

Paul Gilbert

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 21 2008, 05:44 PM
What sort of chair do you sit in? If it has got arms on the chair you might be sat in a weird position that is putting added pressure on your arm.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
me213
Apr 21 2008, 07:11 PM
Doesn't matter what chair I sit in ,it still happens

--------------------

Paul Gilbert

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:39 PM