4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Gmc Desktop Wallpaper?
Ayen
Nov 8 2007, 06:47 AM
GMC:er
That's extremely small JVM. I suggest going for a big WACOM. They're the best out there. Also, while its much more expensive, the size of it makes a big difference, at least to me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 06:55 AM
Learning Roadie
From what I've heard, you don't need much bigger than the 6x8, or at least not unless you're really doing professional stuff. I just want something that's better than a mouse, for tooling edges and other delicate work a mouse is bound to be too unstable for. I've been told that 6x8 is plenty big enough for that and drawing etc, is that not your experience? The others are a lot more expensive sad.gif

[edit] For example look at my pitiful signature, the edges are all messed up, I tried but I'm only so good with a mouse tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Nov 8 2007, 06:56 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 8 2007, 07:34 AM
Lets go fishing!
GMC wallpaper would be great!! I already have to much to create at the moment though sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 07:38 AM
Seriously, with the small tablet I just resort to drawing with my mouse anyway its that annoyingly sensitive.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 07:39 AM
Learning Roadie
Well, which tablet do you have?

Also I've wondered - does it work by using a ratio of your screen to the pad, and if so, couldnt you just zoom in on a part of something and get finer detail?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 08:06 AM

Yeah, i suppose you could, but thats awful fidgety and tiresome - my mum (who's been through art school) tried it and didnt like it at all due to the size and tendency for the pen itself to slide.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 08:14 AM
Learning Roadie
That one looks quite different though, to me. Maybe a bad version or something? I can't see that, if the problem is with the pen slipping, a bigger tablet being much of a relief. Not trying to argue with you, just trying to resist paying $500 tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 8 2007, 08:24 AM
Your money - if you want to buy it go ahead, I dont mean to argue either but I paid £70 for this 3-4 years back and they havent really changed since then, Wacom are definitely the best brand our there for them but all I'm saying is that I dont feel it was worth the money paid at the time and I wouldnt from personal experience buy one of that size again.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 8 2007, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Awesome job JVM,looks great on my 19" !!! cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ayen
Nov 8 2007, 09:43 AM
http://aycu17.webshots.com/image/34536/200...67361643_rs.jpg

This is what I've got so far. I used a lens flare and a bunch of smudging with mouse, then drew white to dark grey lines and smudged them in through the tablet.

Of course, it's nowhere near finished. The logo placement and font are just placeholders right now. The design is also extremely rough, and I'm not sure if I like the stars.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Nov 8 2007, 09:55 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 10:36 AM
Learning Roadie
I like the lens flare job a lot. The stars not so much, but mostly because they're square.

I'm kind of re-doing mine, so expect something a little different but in the sam vein.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 11:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Here's a rough draft of what I'm thinking of right now - hope KR Machine doesn't mind if I took his silhouette and tried to make it look epic biggrin.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 8 2007, 11:50 AM
Learning Roadie
Thinking more on it, I think the KR machine picture was a good choice cool.gif With the light behind him it kind of seems like 'the sun is coming up' on your guitar playing or something like that, the door has been opened, etc. And you can't really tell what kind of guitar it is, besides the headstock... except its probably not like a V but it covers a good range. Also no offense to KR but with the silhouette going and the hair it could be either a man or a woman.

I looked through the gmc picture thread trying to find someone with a good stance for like an hour tongue.gif I almost used Gabriel but his picture was a bit small and a little cut off. But I think it turned out nicely.

This post has been edited by JVM: Nov 8 2007, 11:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 9 2007, 12:09 AM
Instructor
Looks great JVM smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
1mpr1m1s
Nov 9 2007, 02:07 AM
Post has been removed

This post has been edited by 1mpr1m1s: Nov 9 2007, 02:54 AM

--------------------
My Gear

Guitars: Ibanez Prestige RGR1570 , Epiphone 1966 G-400
Amplifiers: Spider III 75W

Pedals: RP250

Wish list : Better pedal set up. & ESP EC1000

+Quote Post
1mpr1m1s
Nov 9 2007, 02:30 AM
Post has been removed by Me

This post has been edited by 1mpr1m1s: Nov 9 2007, 02:55 AM

--------------------
My Gear

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Nov 9 2007, 02:32 AM
Instructor
looks like a cool idea, but i think it's a bit blurred sad.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
1mpr1m1s
Nov 9 2007, 02:35 AM
Post removed by user

This post has been edited by 1mpr1m1s: Nov 9 2007, 02:55 AM

--------------------
My Gear

+Quote Post
1mpr1m1s
Nov 9 2007, 02:47 AM
Post removed by user

This post has been edited by 1mpr1m1s: Nov 9 2007, 02:56 AM

--------------------
My Gear

+Quote Post
exorcyze
Nov 10 2007, 11:39 AM
I turned the brown guitar / grunge wings into a wallpaper for those of you who are interested. smile.gif

Preview :

Link :
http://www.divshare.com/download/2701765-ce7

Note that there are 4 sizes available. 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 1024, 1024 x 768 and a 1440 x 900 ( for widescreen monitors ).

Enjoy!

This post has been edited by exorcyze: Nov 10 2007, 11:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:56 PM