6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Korg Pandora Px4d, Guitar and Bass Processor-pocket size
Rating 5 V
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 30 2007, 07:43 AM
GMC:er
I think i'll have to get one of these! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Oct 30 2007, 06:19 PM
Wait, I dont get it....

So this thing....is also a mini amp or what? Can you get sound out of this thing on its own?

I'm sorry, I'm not entirely too keen on what multi-effects processors do =(

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 30 2007, 08:07 PM
Instructor
No,it's not an amp,it's a processor.
But speaking of "amp" thing, we could call it a preamp,digital one of course. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
lliber
Nov 7 2007, 10:10 PM
is it possible to download patches like the POD

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 8 2007, 09:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lliber @ Nov 7 2007, 10:10 PM) *
is it possible to download patches like the POD

Nope ,it doesn't have USB or som.
It's really small unit,like a baby. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
WTN
Nov 9 2007, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Oct 17 2007, 12:34 AM) *
100 % true Matt wink.gif

Yeah,every guitar sound in my lessons here is Pandora straight into audio card(semi-pro one). smile.gif

I just picked up one of these after hearing Muris's fantastic sound/tone on his lessons. With his settings, one can duplicate his lesson sounds exactly as you hear them. Many thanks to Muris for sharing his settings - I am sure he spent considerable time arriving at them.

One thing I want to share, because it had me confused. When you are setting up your patch, the upper left hand GAIN/MID control and the VALUE DIAL (lower right spinner) take on different modes depending on the AMP type. I.E. on page 34 see US HI-G - the value dial controls the MID's and the GAIN/MID only controls the GAIN.

If one uses different amp types the GAIN/MID will alter the MID's - see page 34 VALVE2 for an example.

BTW - I was using an early POD upgraded to V2. I never liked the reverbs or delays, so I use an old BOSS RV-70 reverb/delay in conjunction with the POD. (The RV-70 is one of those "sleeper" effects - killer)

Now with the Pandora I can get the same sound in quite a smaller package - a lot smaller.

About the only flaw that I have found is that it's a bit noisy. If you crank the NR up to 9 or so it will kill the noise, but will also chop your sound off a bit - it's like a hard limiter. But, you can fine tune it, so it's well worth the money for a box that will fit into your shirt pocket. Not to mention the rhythm/bass/drum trainer mode - hard to believe.

Thanks again to Muris for being the "guinea pig" for us gear hunters. Hope he knows what this means.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 9 2007, 01:33 AM
Instructor
You're welcome!! smile.gif

There are some noises on specific amps with lots of gain but you can't expect
nothing more from unit this small.
Well spotted thing on mids in amp section,
I did just review so couldn't go into every details.
Thanks!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
WTN
Nov 9 2007, 03:41 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 8 2007, 06:33 PM) *
You're welcome!! smile.gif

There are some noises on specific amps with lots of gain but you can't expect
nothing more from unit this small.
Well spotted thing on mids in amp section,
I did just review so couldn't go into every details.
Thanks!! smile.gif

I totally agree - great value for such a small device. BTW - You are a fantastic guitarist - bring on more lessons.

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Nov 9 2007, 05:29 AM
got one o these they are good for headphones smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 9 2007, 07:25 AM
Instructor
Thanks a lot WTN,appreciate it! smile.gif
More lessons coming,no worries tho wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 15 2008, 11:26 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the review smile.gif

Thinking to buy one, found some one eBay for $150 with shipping (new), what do you think about the price? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 15 2008, 12:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dejan @ Jan 15 2008, 11:26 AM) *
Thanks for the review smile.gif

Thinking to buy one, found some one eBay for $150 with shipping (new), what do you think about the price? smile.gif

You're welcome. wink.gif

I got mine in Artist few years ago for 150km,some discount.
Not sure how much it costs now atm...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 15 2008, 12:43 PM
Instructor
I just checked, it's 267km, and I checked in "Brothers" but they have only AX5G model for 199km.

Have you tried the AX5G? I wonder if the sound is similar to PX4D, and if I'm right it has no amp simulators, so believe that PX4d is better option for recording and practicing smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 15 2008, 12:44 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Id love to have one of these, think ill go down the music store and see if they have one to try out. Its a really bad store though so we shall see wink.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 15 2008, 01:15 PM
Lets go fishing!
I really cant fault this device. I havent plugged into my pricey Tube amp and rediculously overpriced pedals in weeks blink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 15 2008, 02:19 PM
wow, your lessons are done with this? impressive. I had one for awhile...but then had to give it back cause I couldn't afford it at the time...kinda of regret it now. BUT,...I love my x3 biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 16 2008, 03:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice review!

I have apocket pod which is similar but lacks the drums and bass backings.

I read the pandora has 100 different drum backings, but do they all have bass? And, can you choose the key for the bass in each of them? Or the speed for each backing?

If you can it might be worth getting one of these, even though I guess it won't be much different from the pocket pod in the effects aspect.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 16 2008, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Yes,you can add bass to it,assign key and tempo as well.
Plus you can take few different grooves/patters and make a "chain" of them.
Per example,2 bars of Pop groove,then bar of Heavy Metal,1 bar of Funk etc wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Jan 16 2008, 07:25 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Hey Guys,

On the subject of the Pandora, does it let you record backings so you can solo over?

Also will it fit in your pocket?

Cheers,

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 16 2008, 07:51 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ben ! It easily fits in your pocket, maybe even your shirt pocket!! It records about 30 seconds on a loop ( I think ) but sadly thats all. Still this is no problem for me as its plugged directly into my soundcard smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:05 AM