Pretty Lights - Finally Moving (cover)
sevenfx
Jul 12 2011, 10:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could give some feedback on this video. I just learned this cool little riff today and although its not from a lesson on this site, sorry if this is the wrong place for it!

-john

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNDhGh78gL8

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 12 2011, 02:36 PM
Instructor
This is REC board, this should be in uploads board.

This sounds very cool, I like the snapping effect of the riff being played, it's good to use fingers on that one, nice sound. What I suggest tho is that you lower down the bass, as bass strings are a bit boomy in the recording.

As far as soloing goes, it's all good, although spending some time analyzing the strong notes of the riff, and using those notes for beginning and ending of the phrases is what could lead to more quality-sounding solo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 12 2011, 10:31 PM
Instructor
I love the headstock in your guitar!

The thrills is the first thing that should focus on. Isolate this and only practice this for some time, then come back to this riff and you'll see it will be 100% accurate....but timing is great imo, and that's the most important!

the distorted tone could be better, and also make sure you mute the strings you are not playing, so only let ring the one string you play when doing this type of soloing

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 19 2011, 07:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like it smile.gif Also added to GMC Radio smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:15 AM