Help With An Effective Practice Agenda, Help on my evolution and setting apprentship direction.
mguimaraes777
Mar 13 2012, 10:45 PM
GMC:er
Hi Ivan, so long no write to you !!!

I come to you once more, now with an ask for help. My case is that I am kind of lost with all available material we have at our disposal at GMC. And besides I am dedicating time for practicing, I can not see as many results as I am expecting. Reasons might be many things..., due ti that I come to you and ask for a direction. Would it be possible for you to tell me or show me some exercises that I should record in video and send to you, in order you could see me and give me some directions on how could I speed up my apprentship ?

To give you an idea about my preffered music style is Heavy Metal and I would love soloing very precise, melodic and harmonic musics.

Thnak you so much in advance.

Marcelo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 16 2012, 10:21 AM
Instructor
Hi Marcelo, I hope you don't mind me jumping in and answering...

I notice that you're also a fan of heavy metal style guitar playing. That's my main area of interest so I'd like to offer my help to you if you're interested ? smile.gif

I would say that some basic foundations needed for soloing in this style of music is good alternate picking and legato technique.. with things like sweeping and tapping being more of a personal preference to explore. The picking and fretting hand dexterity will be the building blocks for everything else.

If you have a look at the following exercises and could record a version of them, it would help me gauge your level of picking ability and the synchronisation between your picking and fretting hand.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43060

As well as those licks, I have a series dedicated to legato in my lessons list, so perhaps choose one of those and see how you get on ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 16 2012, 08:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
I was going to mention that many of the instructors here are willing to go above-and-beyond just lessons and forum posts....and they will actually help with "mentoring".

It's something I've been wanting to ask/look into as well. For me, I have fairly specific goals, so I want to start working with the right instructor. Although I have a feeling that most of the instructors will be GREAT, and each will come up with his own unique way to help me improve.

Mostly, I believe that I need help in developing a better, and more specific practice routine. I also need help in creating a routine that will work on tuning up my current "weak spots" (I know you hate that term Alex Feather!!) so that I'll be a more well rounded player.

Best of luck to you!!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:52 PM