Question Regarding Tapping
LwShieN
Nov 26 2007, 12:25 PM
GMC:er
Hey kris how you doing? Just viewed your 101 lesson part 2(randy Rhodes etc) on tapping and here is my question..

i notice that when you tap you stay within the triad of 1 , 3 and just alternating between the 5 ..like tap 1 , 3 ,5 then 1, 3 ,6 and 1 , 3 , 7 ..

Is it possible for tapping to sound nice and suitable in songs in key of A minor if lets say I were to hit the note within the scale but at random ? instead of triads like C E and G and altering the 5th etc but just tapping random notes within the scale or is it necessary to stick to the triad notes?..

Thanks for your time biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
MY GEAR

Ibanez RG1570
Seagul Accoustic Guitar
Brandless Classical Guitar
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Gt8 Boss Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 3 2007, 05:59 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (LwShieN @ Nov 26 2007, 12:25 PM) *
Hey kris how you doing? Just viewed your 101 lesson part 2(randy Rhodes etc) on tapping and here is my question..

i notice that when you tap you stay within the triad of 1 , 3 and just alternating between the 5 ..like tap 1 , 3 ,5 then 1, 3 ,6 and 1 , 3 , 7 ..

Is it possible for tapping to sound nice and suitable in songs in key of A minor if lets say I were to hit the note within the scale but at random ? instead of triads like C E and G and altering the 5th etc but just tapping random notes within the scale or is it necessary to stick to the triad notes?..

Thanks for your time biggrin.gif

Hello LWShien,

Quick answer: Yes absolutely - I am happy you ask because this is the esence of improvisation - hit 'em randomly! After a while you will recognise the notes and things won't be so random! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
LwShieN
Dec 5 2007, 07:34 AM
GMC:er
thanks for the help kris wink.gif...

but i tried hitting random notes within the scale via tapping and sometimes it sounds ugly sad.gif..

Guess more improvisation is needed blink.gif

--------------------
MY GEAR

Ibanez RG1570
Seagul Accoustic Guitar
Brandless Classical Guitar
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Gt8 Boss Pedal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 PM