5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Claudiostrat's Boootcamp
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2021, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
This is great stuff soldier! The only thing I would change is not using A MINOR. The backing is in E Minor so A can sound a bit off. other than that I thought it was great!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jun 16 2021, 10:37 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 16 2021, 09:31 PM) *
This is great stuff soldier! The only thing I would change is not using A MINOR. The backing is in E Minor so A can sound a bit off. other than that I thought it was great!

Thanks,

I was trying to use a G major scale, but landing on the E to give a Em flav, in the 5/7 fret part I guess.
But can move those licks somewhere else!

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2021, 11:29 PM
GMC:er
I hear ya. Starting with the scale the song is in and focusing on the root note is always a good idea though. The root scale is the touchstone that then allows working in all other shapes. The root note is very important. If you land on and stay on an A note for example, you have resolved the scale and it sounds complete.

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jun 16 2021, 05:37 PM) *
Thanks,

I was trying to use a G major scale, but landing on the E to give a Em flav, in the 5/7 fret part I guess.
But can move those licks somewhere else!

Cheers

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

ok made a few changes, now fully in Em. Occasional landing on the 5th, B, but mostly on E. This is the first solo i put together, really good exercise!

can probably still play it cleaner (especially the changes on the legato and the end), but starting to sound ok to my hears, what do you think?

thanks in advance

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2021 - 01:11 PM