> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Narzsa's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2016, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Hi Narzsa! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army.

Let's continue the messenger questions and chat here. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Narzsa
Jun 2 2016, 05:00 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 2 2016, 01:34 PM) *
Hi Narzsa! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army.

Let's continue the messenger questions and chat here. smile.gif

Hey Gab,

Cheers smile.gif as said really want to improve my rhythm, song composition and lead work

Currently working through your metal core series as i'm a huge fan of metal core, and modal madness to refresh my memory of the major scale and its modes

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2016, 02:30 PM
Instructor
That's great! Which lesson are you working right now? Is it possible to see you playing it in a video?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 10 2016, 05:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 3 2016, 01:30 PM) *
That's great! Which lesson are you working right now? Is it possible to see you playing it in a video?

Hi Gab,

I'm presently working on your inflames style lesson and trivium for my rhythm and modal madness for my lead smile.gif
I can record my audio fairly easy. Not too sure about video but i might be able to

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 10 2016, 06:40 PM
Hey Gab,

Here is my take for the inflames style lesson. Apologies for looking like a wooden board. First time recording with video and posting to youtube so i was a tad nervous lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oglsPBCHquo

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2016, 12:04 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks and congrats for the video!

Here I'll give you some tips in order to improve your future videos:

- Always include both hands on screen to let us see your hand movements.
- You can improve the audio of your video without any money investment. Check out this video: LINK.

I cannot give deep comments about your playing because the mix doesn't me allow to hear your guitar clearly but it seems that your technique is good for both rhythm and lead melodies. From what I can see, your left hand movements could be smaller in order to make it more effective. I mean that your fingers could start closer to the fret board when playing (check out my left hand in the lesson).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 15 2016, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2016, 11:04 PM) *
Hi mate, thanks and congrats for the video!

Here I'll give you some tips in order to improve your future videos:

- Always include both hands on screen to let us see your hand movements.
- You can improve the audio of your video without any money investment. Check out this video: LINK.

I cannot give deep comments about your playing because the mix doesn't me allow to hear your guitar clearly but it seems that your technique is good for both rhythm and lead melodies. From what I can see, your left hand movements could be smaller in order to make it more effective. I mean that your fingers could start closer to the fret board when playing (check out my left hand in the lesson).

Cheers Gab, i'll check them out. Hopefully have the trivium one done soon. Just struggling with section 4 of it (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Trivium-Style/) and getting lost in the 16th notes

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2016, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Great mate. Practice that part slowly, using metronome, or using the guitar pro file, looping the section. Take your time to master it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 19 2016, 12:59 PM
Hey Gab,

Quick question. When composing metalcore,i notice you have the relevant chords behind the rift in your videos? do you come up with that chord progression first and build the rifts around them, or work out the rifts first then figure out the backing chords?

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 19 2016, 02:36 PM
Also, here's my current progress with the trivium lesson

https://youtu.be/atUyZG4Uads

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2016, 09:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Jun 19 2016, 08:59 AM) *
Hey Gab,

Quick question. When composing metalcore,i notice you have the relevant chords behind the rift in your videos? do you come up with that chord progression first and build the rifts around them, or work out the rifts first then figure out the backing chords?

There is not an specific order. Most of the times I start with a vague idea of the riff, create a chord progression that could work, and then work on slight changes necessary to make the riff fit with the progression.

QUOTE (Narzsa @ Jun 19 2016, 10:36 AM) *
Also, here's my current progress with the trivium lesson

https://youtu.be/atUyZG4Uads

Great! This is getting very close! The only part that shows some issues is the main intro riff. Then, the low string riffs sound very tight! Congrats on your great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 21 2016, 01:10 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2016, 08:00 PM) *
There is not an specific order. Most of the times I start with a vague idea of the riff, create a chord progression that could work, and then work on slight changes necessary to make the riff fit with the progression.

Great! This is getting very close! The only part that shows some issues is the main intro riff. Then, the low string riffs sound very tight! Congrats on your great job!

Cheers Gab smile.gif

Have you got any references for finding the relevant chords in a scale?

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2016, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Do you know the chords that you get from a scale? do you know about intervals and tonalities? chord functions? chord families?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 22 2016, 01:19 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 21 2016, 02:23 PM) *
Do you know the chords that you get from a scale? do you know about intervals and tonalities? chord functions? chord families?

Not much no. Years ago, my old guitar teacher showed me how certain chords made up a scale. The note of the chords relevant to what is being played would be considered the strongest ones? All others are more passing notes.

Intervals are the semitone difference between notes of the scales if i recall?

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2016, 06:09 PM
Instructor
Ok! Please read this thread and let me know when you got it.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry644329

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48825

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48915

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 24 2016, 07:11 PM
Hi Gab,

So, starting to wrap my head around this..

Intervals are the spacing between notes
You use steps to measure these spacings
The root, 4th, 5th and 8th (octave) are static or perfect
All other notes can go up or down a step to change between major or minor

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2016, 10:51 PM
Instructor
Great! Keep going! This knowledge is very necessary for composing and improvising. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 26 2016, 02:56 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2016, 09:51 PM) *
Great! Keep going! This knowledge is very necessary for composing and improvising. wink.gif

Hi Gab,

So just to confirm regarding Diminished and augmented as they seem to change things a fair bit, they can affect the perfect intervals, by raising them a half step (aug) or lowering them a half step (dim). They can also affect all other intervals, by raising them half a step above major (aug) or half a step down past minor (dim)

They can even cancel their note out it seems i.e a minor second interval that is diminished, becomes the same note as the root?

Also an aug 4th is the same as a dim 5th

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2016, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Exactly! The sound would be the same (same pitch) but the way of calling it is different depending on the scale/key context.

Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jul 5 2016, 09:22 AM
Hi Gab,

Still working my way through the theory side :-) as well as a few lessons. Had a quick question for you?

So when composing, I take it you come up with a chord progression that sounds appealing. From here, you then look at the chords and their makeup to select the appropriate scale, based upon the intervals used. The notes that actually make up the chord would be considered the strongest notes, whilst the others would be more passing?

Obviously in metal traditional chords are less utilized, but would you say still made up from the rifts played and the collection of single notes and power chords giving you the chord progression?

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:19 AM