Where To Start
nickmarx12345678
Nov 24 2007, 03:14 AM
GMC:er
HI EVERYBODY IM DR NICK!!!
well not really but so I have a question
I want to learn how to pick and fret and all that stuff faster because i cant really do it all that fast right now
and my problem is im not quite sure where to start. I do know the Pentatonic minor scale and all 5 boxes
and a few other things scattered here and there so where did you all learn how....so i have an idea! smile.gif
laugh.gif ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif blink.gif now that ive gotten my smiley face fix worked out
cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 24 2007, 03:42 AM
You should start by using some alternate picking lessons, Pavel has a few very good ones, and use a metronome. Start very slow, and begin to increase your speed once you feel very comfortable at the current speed you are at.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 24 2007, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Do you have a metronom? Get one. First i must tell you that speed is something that takes months to learn and you have to be patient about it if you wanna play properly. And I think you can do that. Start with whole notes at 60 bpm and build up 20bpm`s at the time. Golden rule - when your hands start to tense-up when you go up the tempo just stop and rest, write down on what tempo you stopped and continue tomorrow. GO through all of your 5 positions of pentatonic scale and write down every day your progress in bpm`s. When you go above 16th notes at 100bpm, increase onlu by 1bpm per pass. Again - if your fingers are tensing up (both left and rights) you should stop because it stpos you from advancing up the tempo and you are destroying your muscels inreversably. Good luck and i wish you a lot of patience with speed exercieses. THey are very time cosnuming and demanding but well worth it smile.gif

You should check out some of Kris`s pentatonic shifting exercises. I am building a little one of my own obout legato technique and i will notify you if the lesson goes live. IT will help you greatly to connetc those boxes. Something that a lot of young players are stuck with.

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Nov 24 2007, 02:08 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Nov 24 2007, 04:41 PM
cool thanks ivan that helps a lot biggrin.gif

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 24 2007, 04:52 PM
Instructor
GLad to help man, keep on rockin` smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:17 PM