Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
The Uncreator
Oct 3 2007, 05:59 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...ion_Play_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jul 8 2009, 10:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
steve25
Oct 3 2007, 06:37 AM
GMC:er
Good review but is it really a perfect album? 10,10,10.. etc is there such thing as a perfect album? I haven't heard it yet, only a few songs and they didn't really impress me but i'll try this album out at some point

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 3 2007, 06:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
The Uncreator nearly always give 10's but he is also only doing reviews on great Records so it's ok^^
The New Nightwish are better than ever before, it is easily their best and also their heaviest album so far. Annette's voice is more suited for rock music, not operatic like Tarja. Give the Dark Passion Play a try, you won't regret it...

... aslong you can withstand bombastic orchestral interludes

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 3 2007, 09:07 AM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Oct 3 2007, 01:37 AM) *
Good review but is it really a perfect album? 10,10,10.. etc is there such thing as a perfect album? I haven't heard it yet, only a few songs and they didn't really impress me but i'll try this album out at some point

10 doesnt mean perfect, it just means i really enjoyed, ALOT ALOT ALOT!!! 0-10 is kind of a limited system, because the aspects of many albums i find just perfect for the music, but not nescessarrily perfect in general, if that makes sense.

And i ONLY review albums i really love, thats it. I will never review an album i dont like, EVER. my point is, do you wanna hear what i really love? or what i find bad or ok?

Id rather hear what someone loves.

Dethklok review wasnt a 10, and i just bought EVILE's debut CD Today as well, and that will probable be like a 7 or 8 when i review it, when Sonata Arctica released there new album i would have reviewed, seeing as there one of my most loved bands, but i found the album....not so good. there are many new albums ive bought that i didnt find that good, so i didnt review them, my reviews basically are highlights of my CD Collection, Albums i reccommend and why, if you want to look at it that way.

Like i said, im only putting reviews of albums i find excellent, or atleast a "7", anything i find lower than a "6" i wont do. I cant explain why i dont like an album, its all the same reason, it failed to entertain me or catch my attention, but i can explain why i love an album, and a review is just an explained oppinnion.

I have many albums as 10, i like that, it means im really enjoying my music, but it doesnt mean there perfect, it just means i really enjoyed them. and remember these are just my oppinnions, i loved the new Arch Enemy album, LOVED IT! there best yet, you might not think that, so when you listen to it, post your oppinion on one of my reviews, i wont mind, it lets people see two different oppinnions, Owen usually is that second oppinnion for me biggrin.gif

PS
My past recent reviews have been of bands that i have been listening to forever, and the ones i love most, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Nightwish, Iced Earth, Epica, so these are bands i already absolutely love.

PS part 2 (this is just for me to see the ratio)

Albums Under 10
The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal
Five Finger Death Punch - The Way Of The Fist
Dethklok - Dethalbum
Metalium - Chapter 3
Metalium - Chapter 4
Stormwarror - Northern Rage
Steve Vai - Sound Theories Volume I and II
Job For A Cowboy - Genesis

Albums at 10
Opeth - Deliverance
Opeth - Damnation
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Nile - Annhilation Of The Wicked
Nile - Ithyphallic
Iced Earth - Framming Armageddon
Epica - The Divine Conspiracy
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
Nuclear Blast All Stars - Into The Dark
David Walliman - Deep Inside The Mind
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
King Diamond - Give Me Your Soul...Please

8/20 reviews under 10

12/20 reviews are a 10

Actually i though i had more 10 albums biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Oct 3 2007, 09:23 AM

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 4 2007, 01:23 AM
IMO Tarja was better, it was more ballsy, standout, new Nightwish just sounds glaringly normal.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Sunslayer
Oct 5 2007, 01:34 AM
well, i really like that album they definatly have improved but even though is miss the voice af Tarja sad.gif

--------------------
To those who find misspellings, feel free to keep them ;)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 5 2007, 05:08 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Oct 3 2007, 08:23 PM) *
IMO Tarja was better, it was more ballsy, standout, new Nightwish just sounds glaringly normal.

pretty much agree, except for the normal part. I do think Tarja Is better, she is one of my favorite singers, but i still think annette is great, i think she has a great voice.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2007, 11:33 PM
Instructor
I'm still hearing the album but I can say that Amaranth chorus is such perfect!! What great song!!

Uncreator: Your review are great! Keep en coming! smile.gif

gabriel.-

I forgot to say that I preffer this new singer!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:42 AM