2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Help Recording With Midi Controler
SensE
Dec 3 2008, 04:48 AM
GMC:er
I'm using a firewire interface and Realtek on-board soundcard. Do I need to purchase an extra soundcard to overcome the latency issue?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 3 2008, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Would you please tell us what do you mean by "using firewire interface" smile.gif
- you connect your MIDI keyboard to firewire connector, or
- you have an external audio interface where you connect your MIDI keyboard, connected to firewire connector

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Dec 3 2008, 08:47 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Dec 3 2008, 04:15 AM) *
man I remembered times when I was trying to mix near 50 tracks with an audigy platinium (that I spent nearly $200 a few years back) it was a real torture. I am happy nowadays with my $150 spent used M-Audio Delta 1010LT, not the greatest jewel on the market for sure but it suits my needs biggrin.gif

Delta is a great card.wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Dec 3 2008, 10:04 AM
Instructor
In cubasen there is at the left of everytrack a clock icon where you can compensate the deley for the track, you can record and then use it, then you can fix somo wrong notes using the piano-roll.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2008, 02:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SensE @ Dec 3 2008, 04:48 AM) *
I'm using a firewire interface and Realtek on-board soundcard. Do I need to purchase an extra soundcard to overcome the latency issue?

Do you use firewire for video camera mate or for MIDI keyboard?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SensE
Dec 5 2008, 03:07 AM
Im using the Presonus firebox. I cannot connect my keyboard into this firewire interface because my keybaord doesnt have the spdif output. What I did was connecting the keybaord to my computer straight away via USB port. It has quite a bit of latency issue.

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 5 2008, 09:03 AM
Instructor
OK, first make sure your system is connected this way:

And secondly, to connect your MIDI to MIDI/SPDIF you need a breakout cable, like this (such cables are usually packed with devices)

Ane then just connect MIDI OUT on keyboard to MIDI IN on the breakout cable, with MIDI cable (assuming that you have MIDI OUT on your keyboard):

The other option is connecting the MIDI keyboard via USB, and leaving the rest of the system as described on the Hook-up diagram. Try all this, and let us know if it works smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dejan Farkas: Dec 5 2008, 09:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 5 2008, 08:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SensE @ Dec 5 2008, 03:07 AM) *
Im using the Presonus firebox. I cannot connect my keyboard into this firewire interface because my keybaord doesnt have the spdif output. What I did was connecting the keybaord to my computer straight away via USB port. It has quite a bit of latency issue.

THat's really strange mate, this interface of yours should not have any latency issues with the keyboard. What DAW software do you use? Did you choose ASIO Firebox drivers as default drivers in your DAW?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kapto
Dec 12 2008, 05:35 PM
OK just recieved the Audigy SE soundcard today. Installed it and it does the job. There's a liiiitle delay (which I guess is normal) but nothing compare as before.
Thanks for the help guys! wink.gif

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 13 2008, 09:31 AM
Instructor
No problem mate, glad you got your problem fixed. I worked with Audigy SE card for some time, and it's a good card to start with.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:27 AM