Put Out Of Action With Your Wii?
Chris Evans
Jan 25 2008, 11:27 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I just caught a little bit of this on the news last night on the way home from work in the car, so I thought I`d have a little look around on it today, kinda made me smile a little but in fact I didnt realise that its actually quite a wide spread thing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../22/nwii122.xml

Any of your suffered/suffering with "Wii syndrome"? and what games where you playing?

The main games "Wii syndrome" is being blamed for is Tennis, Boxing and Baseball it seems, theres also a few funny clips on youtube if you have a hunt around, however you`ll see that there is a possible "good" side affect of playing with your Wii`s ............. weight loss!! ... I`m getting one laugh.gif

Not sure I fancy "Wii syndrome" tho, dont want that to stop my guitar practice!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Crazyfret
Jan 25 2008, 12:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Lol I can see why. Playing anything for 10 hours is excessive and your body needs a rest to recover.

The thing is tho playing these virtual 'games' is no substitute for the real thing imho.

There is no way a white box can ever give me the same feeling of joy when I hit a golf ball of a imaculate fairway with the sun on my back. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2008, 01:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I own Wii..Its spreading fast here..When I bought it my girlfriend had to have one for herself too..Also some of my friends..Its so fun to play especially in multiplayer...I like the engaging way of gameplay and you really have the feeling that you are doing something skillful in a game (like in tennis) thats makes you better than the guy next you...And its not the fast fingers this time..Tenis is strait fun , boxing is great too (very very fun and fisicly engaging)..You really get a muscle aik (like you been to gym or something) after a play session..There are lots of games comming out all the time since the Wii is best seller..Also its not expencive so in my oppinion if you need a console this is must have wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 25 2008, 02:00 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Jan 25 2008, 03:04 PM
GMC:er
Something else to consider about the Wii injuiries.....most people are not very active. In fact alot of people don't engage in any type of physical activity other than walking back and forth to the refrigerator.

So of course if someone out of shape suddenly decides they are going to bowl or box for 10 hours they can expect to experience some Wii syndrome.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 25 2008, 03:11 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I wish i had a wii to injure myself with sad.gif..... they are really fun!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2008, 05:03 PM
I don't think its normal to play wii for 10 hours..Also with a little bit of warm up your good to go wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 25 2008, 05:26 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
My 4 year old accidently hit my 6 year old over the head with the hand unit while they were playing baseball ohmy.gif

So even if the units are strapped tight by the wrist it's still not safe unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 25 2008, 05:54 PM
My wife and I wanted to get a Wii a couple of weeks ago, but it seemed like we had a better chance of finding a cure for cancer than we did of finding one of those things, so we bought a 360 instead. I'm quite happy with it, but the wife still wants to get a Wii when we get our taxes.

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2008, 11:34 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 25 2008, 05:26 PM) *
My 4 year old accidently hit my 6 year old over the head with the hand unit while they were playing baseball ohmy.gif

So even if the units are strapped tight by the wrist it's still not safe unsure.gif

Yeah once happened to me..You have to have a lot of space for playing and keep the players apart to avoid it in the future..

QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 25 2008, 05:54 PM) *
My wife and I wanted to get a Wii a couple of weeks ago, but it seemed like we had a better chance of finding a cure for cancer than we did of finding one of those things, so we bought a 360 instead. I'm quite happy with it, but the wife still wants to get a Wii when we get our taxes.

Yeah it was the christmas/new years rush I guess...You should be able to find one now wink.gif Also check it out on ebay..They are avalable there just watch out for region code (PAL,NTSC).. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 25 2008, 11:35 PM
Some guy wanted a Wii so bad that he broke into my house and stole mine yesterday.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 26 2008, 02:52 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (swingline @ Jan 25 2008, 05:35 PM) *
Some guy wanted a Wii so bad that he broke into my house and stole mine yesterday.

ouch - that sucks sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 26 2008, 04:06 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Jan 25 2008, 04:35 PM) *

mellow.gif

damn man that sucks sad.gif mad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 26 2008, 05:44 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Jan 25 2008, 11:35 PM) *

Wow thats crazy !!? Braking into someones home to steal a gaming console... sad.gif Bad news.. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Feb 1 2008, 03:59 PM
Ive got a wii and its immense, though i mainly only play Guitar Hero 3 on it

Rock Band is also being released on the wii anytime soon wink.gif

Though i dont know what i'd do if mine got stoled :|

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2008, 01:18 AM
Is rock band going to be on wii?? I remember reading somewhere that there was no chance for that sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:46 PM