Boss Gt8 - Final Call!
Mike Seddon
Jun 26 2008, 07:48 PM
GMC:er
Guys,

I'm more or less decided now that I should go for a Boss GT8. I've looked at Pod's and other such stuff and I think I'm swung on this one.

My type of music is prog rock, so I like clean sounds and sweet warm distortion etc and not so mucj the grundge hard metal sound (although I think Boss seems to handle these quite well!).

So - final call. Anyone want to tell me I am mad and don't buy a GT8!

Credit card in hand and I'm shaking!!!!!

Cheers
Mike

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 26 2008, 07:52 PM
Did you check out Vox Valvetronix ToneLab LE ? wink.gif

If you're after tube driven sounds, that might be worth checking out.

Anyway. You really can't go wrong with BOSS. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 26 2008, 09:04 PM
Instructor
I can definetly vouche for the GT-8! I use it constantly now.
It's a great sounding and versatile piece of equipment, and now is a good time to get a cheap one.

The GT-10 does have some advantages though, like the EZtone function and better display, but you can get just as much good sounds out of a GT-8.

Edit: Just make sure you take your time and read the manual and get to know it properly.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Jun 26 2008, 09:06 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2008, 11:24 PM
Instructor
GT 8 is great man, you wont regret it! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 27 2008, 09:30 AM
Instructor
GT-8 is a good choice

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 27 2008, 09:31 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
GT-8 is a very good choice smile.gif

I've got the GT-10, but as Trond said; learn your way around the GT-8 and tweak for a few days and your guitar will sing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 27 2008, 03:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Go for it man!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Mike Seddon
Jun 27 2008, 07:59 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 27 2008, 03:33 PM) *
Go for it man!! smile.gif

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I'm now on the look out.

TYpically as soon as I decide ebay seems to be short of them!

Never mind. I'll wait until the right one comes along.

Anyone want an old Zoom 505? (Mock ye not, it was fine for what it was at the price it was for all those years!)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 27 2008, 10:21 PM
Instructor
I need that Zoom to repel mosquitoes in my room laugh.gif

It was stronger than me man, just kidding laugh.gif

I also used processors and still like them. Definitely think that GT8 is great and would very much like to have one too for recoding purposes as soon as I collect the money wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 27 2008, 10:21 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jul 2 2008, 08:30 AM
Learning Roadie
I opted to get the Vox Tonelab LE instead of the Boss GT8/10.
Mainly because of the price (half price), but the Vox also has a tube, to really emulate the old tube amps.

I will post a review about the tonelab at some time.. I just cant do it now, since i haven't had enough experience with it yet.. One thing i can say however is that i have absolutely no regrets at all about getting the tonelab. i love it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 2 2008, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jul 2 2008, 09:30 AM) *
I opted to get the Vox Tonelab LE instead of the Boss GT8/10.

That thing is on my GAS list. Yes, please! Review! laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:49 AM