> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Petitkyu's Thread, for Gab's Army
petitkyu
Apr 3 2021, 09:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab,

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe... Here, schools have been closed again for 3-4 weeks, and we are kind of locked down... bad times!

I'm still working on picking hand basics according to your last advices, and I also continued working on your Gary Clark Jr Lesson...

Here is my first recording on the second part of the lesson, at 70 bpm...

not even close to be ready for a REC take... I also tried to improve the hammer-on...

what do you think?

Keep safe and enjoy you Easter weekend!

Laurent

Hi Gab,

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe... Here, schools have been closed again for 3-4 weeks, and we are kind of locked down... bad times!

I'm still working on picking hand basics according to your last advices, and I also continued working on your Gary Clark Jr Lesson...

Here is my first recording on the second part of the lesson, at 70 bpm...

not even close to be ready for a REC take... I also tried to improve the hammer-on...

what do you think?

Keep safe and enjoy you Easter weekend!

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2021, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 6 2021, 09:17 PM
Hi Gab,

I hope you are doing well... it's true that in Argentina, the situation is at least as bad a here in France... Be sure to keep yourself and your family safe! Hopefully, we will eventually all be vaccinated, which will allow to go back to a more normal life...

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your advices! Many things to work, and your comments will help...

As I said, I kept working on the Picking Hand Bascis lesson... Here is a video at 120 bpm...

I tried to improve dynamics, but it remains difficult especially for triplets... What do you think ?

I also just discovered your lesson "Blues - get that shuffle"... it is really a nice one!! Although it's level 4 (and I still struggle to get a level 2 lesson properly done), I will give it a try... I like it so much!

keep safe!
Laurent

This post has been edited by petitkyu: Apr 6 2021, 09:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2021, 02:39 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 11 2021, 10:01 PM
Hi Gab!

I just wanted to let you know that I submitted my first REC video!
It is the Picking Hand Basics lesson...

I'm kind of anxious....

Laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2021, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Check my feedback here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry787637

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 12 2021, 09:00 PM
Hey Gab,

thanks for your comment on my REC take! Triplets are really difficult for me to get tight... I'll keep working on it!

I kept on working on your Gary Clark Jr lesson... here is an attempt at full speed...

What do you think? As you said in an earlier comment, I have to improve my lead guitar skills... If you have any cool lesson to suggest in this direction, I'll be glad to try them...

Cheers,

Laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2021, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Recommended lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ending-Workout/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 13 2021, 08:57 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 13 2021, 06:59 PM) *

Thank you Gab for your comments...
There are so many things that need attention!

This new lesson sounds nice!
I think I will try some other beginner lessons (all ?) made by Darius...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2021, 09:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (petitkyu @ Apr 13 2021, 04:57 PM) *
Thank you Gab for your comments...
There are so many things that need attention!

This new lesson sounds nice!
I think I will try some other beginner lessons (all ?) made by Darius...

Yes, Darius beginner series are essential!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 15 2021, 09:31 PM
Hey Gab,

I hope you are doing well!

Here is a first attempt at Darius' Beginner Bending Workout at low speed, and only the first part... I am not sure that all my bends are right on pitch! I also tried to work on my timing and not to rush ahead...

Here it is...

What do you think?
Take care
Laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2021, 03:36 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 22 2021, 08:16 PM
Hi Gab,

thanks for your feedback!
My nickname Petitkyu, is actually a mixture between the French word "petit" (ie small) and the Japanese word "kyu" which is used as a rank in some martial art, like aikido! You begin at the 6th kyu and progress to the 1st kyu, which is just before the black belt...
When written "petit", it's masculine, and you don't pronounce the final "t". The feminine is "petite" and then you pronounce the final "t"...

I didn't put video lately but I promise I am working!!
Here is a mp3 file of my current status on your "get that shuffle" lesson (at 70 bpm... so very slow)...
Attached File  Blues_Get_that_shuffle_70bpm.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 241

I'll do a video when I feel a little bit more confident...
I am also working on the "Basic Rock Guitar - Blues shuffle lesson" and of course also on Darius' bending technique lesson....
But I will need more time before doing a video on these ones !!

stay safe !
Laurent

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2021, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Excellent!! Thanks for the nickname clarification! So I should pronounce "PetiKyu".

Great to know that you are working on these 3 lessons. I've checked your Blues Shuffle audio and it's on the way... you already know it, now you need to practice in order to improve groove and dynamics.

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 23 2021, 07:11 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 23 2021, 04:43 PM) *
Excellent!! Thanks for the nickname clarification! So I should pronounce "PetiKyu".

Yeah... that's the way it should be pronounced... but my wife mentioned (*after* I used it on several forums....), it's phonetically really close to "petit cu"; which basically means "small ass" laugh.gif .. So, if you keep on calling me Laurent, it's not that bad....

have a nice week end !!
Laurent

This post has been edited by petitkyu: Apr 24 2021, 02:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2021, 06:30 PM
Instructor
hahah Ok! So I'll continue calling your Laurent. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
May 2 2021, 08:00 PM
Hi Gab,

I hope you are doing well...
As I told you, I'm still working on the Gary Clark Jr lesson (among others...).
Here is a take at full speed... I think I improved the timing, but I still have issues with those small bends... And I am usually not able to play it without mistakes.... not always at the same place... need more practicing!!

What do you think ?

I also include a first attempt at low speed to the Basic Rock Guitar - Blues Shuffle Lesson.... Muting in the second part is really difficult!!

Laurent

This post has been edited by petitkyu: May 2 2021, 08:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2021, 03:16 PM
Instructor

I re-watched my video and I have to say that my hand in the beginning is just a way to say hello. There are no any political intentions behind it (just in case) blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petitkyu
May 4 2021, 07:36 PM
Hi Gab!

I wouldn't have noticed anything weird with you greetings at the start of the video!!
Thanks for the advices... you are right: when I try to do a vibrato on the lower strings, I press the string so hard that it goes out of pitch... I was actually *not* trying to make bend dry.gif !

laurent

This post has been edited by petitkyu: May 4 2021, 09:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 5 2021, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Excellent mate! Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:55 AM